Leonhard update

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The ravens have Reed and Landry will be back from his injury and into the starting role this year. They do not need leonhard.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It is a big deal if we can get Leonhard. We need someone in the back half of the D that know the system so we can get the proper coverage called.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You're right and he was the guy that wore the mic for them last year too.

4. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I say pass on Leonhard, go for Jermaine Phillips at safety and pick up Mcfadden at Cb, and our secondary looks very very solid IMO. I know a couple of the posters wanted to draft a safety in the third round, but there is a lack of depth in this years draft as far as guys who I think could come in and really step up for us. I really like Phillips, but he might be much more exspensive than Leonhard.

5. islesfan

islesfan New Member

He's a nice player and I'd certainly like the Jets to sign him but I'll trust Rex on this one. If his old coach doesn't think it's worth signing him for a certain price, I'll leave it at that and look for someone else to shore up the second safety spot. Either way, the secondary has been drastically improved with the trade for Lito, which already frees up Rhodes to make more plays.

6. Kamen

Kamen New Member

I thought that he was a guy that Ryan was really intent on getting, but if he is trying to use that to max out his contract it is time that we hold strong at a reasonable contract. If not then we will continue to get played year after year in free agency. Its a slippery slope type of situation

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Let's not forget that Tannenbaum makes all of the personnel decisions. Ryan may want him and Tannenbaum may not for whatever reason.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that can be a case, but i think the teams are waiting for Leonhard to lower his price.. the longer FA goes on, the cheaper players get.

For example, Coles won't get near his 6 Mil guaranteed this year.

9. Kamen

Kamen New Member

Im fairly confident that Ryan could convince Tanny to sign him overpriced if he wanted him bad enough

10. SnakeTom

SnakeTom New Member

His visit was today. He may still be there. All of this is just conjecture on his asking price. From everything I read he wants to be a JET. The fact that other teams also want him just mean that he has some value. I expect him to sign with the JETS.

Tom K

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

The vet minimum is 850,000 or something like that. I doubt he was ever getting only half a million.

12. Kamen

Kamen New Member

He also is a starting quality type player so i severely doubt he would ever except on contract that low