Sheppard trade was not needed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Feb 28, 2009.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

we traded 2 draft picks when there are five better CB's available via free agency with a 6th to become available next week, Samari Role, who knows Ryan's defense,

Another case of Tennenbaum trying to look smart and always trading picks when we should be acquiring them.

2. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Better to remain silent and appear ignorant, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.:up:

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input...

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

NOT

(filler)

5. SyracuseJet

I'm already deeming this thread an Epic Failure.

6. Quack

Quack New Member

The speaker's motion is seconded.

7. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

who are the other 6 better cornerbacks in free agency

8. SyracuseJet

All those in favor say; I.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

When healthy Sheppard is a very good CB. His problem has been staying healthy and that's why the 2nd pick was conditional. We gave up a 5th round pick for a guy with all-pro potential if he stays healthy. If he plays at an all-pro level the second pick will be well worth it. If he flops the second pick will probably be another 5th.

10. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

Um... let me think...I!

The FA corner class this year is weak, this has been explained many times. Sure, Ronald Bartell is attractive, but do we want to pay him what D'Angelo Hall just got? Did you not see the money we shelled out for Bart Scott yesterday? Five better corners out there than Lito Sheppard? I want names, stats, and pro bowls to accompany this unreasonable statement!

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Close it. Its gonna get flamed.

12. SyracuseJet

The I's have it.

13. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Which offensive weapon are we getting with the 17th now?

14. Kamen

Kamen New Member

Bad thread, but Sheppard has a better contract and potential then all corners still available. Plus the compensation we gave was minimal with only possible value coming through if he performs well

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah I'm gonna say it..........Hall is VASTLY overrated, horrible contract or not. Yes, vastly. Samari Rolle is old. I swear to God, I've only been on this site since November, but out of any board I've gone on, any sport, I feel dumber for some of the crap I read on here.:beer:

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

To close, sorry, I feel like people have to be yanking some chains sometimes, but then I usually read a little longer and find, remarkably enough, that's not the case.

17. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Samari Rolle is better then Lito Sheppard? Shut up sir. Why don't you hang back for a while before posting mindless drivel such as this.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Samari Rolle is an old man. Lets just forget about that right now. Can he still play? Probably. But he isnt a better player then Lito Sheppard at this point in both of their careers.

Lito Sheppard is a Pro Bowl caliber CB (Yes I know Pro Bowls are overrated because of the players that get voted in but my point is he's good). The guy was benched last year because the Eagles were very strong at CB with the signing of Asante Samuel and Lito was complaining about his contract and demanding to be traded. Plus he was coming off injury the Eagles wouldnt assure him a starting job over Sheldon Brown and he bitched about that so the Eagles basically just took him out of the equation.

But the guy is a very good CB. In my opinion he is going to fit Rex Ryans "attack" defense very well as he likes to jump routes and he has a knack for running with the ball a long time before he gets tackled.

The guy started every game since 2004 (that he was healthy for) before last season when him and the Eagles were fighting over his contract and eventual trade demands.

The guys a good player and is a very good fit on this team. I doubt there are many CB's out there available that were better then him. I would like to hear you name some of these guys and Samari Rolle wasnt a good start.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Without naysayers, this would not be a Jets board. Obviously this thread was needed to keep balance in the force. Nice work!

#19 The Dark Knight, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year