3 way trade going down, probably not, but whats the deal over at JI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

(orry for the repetitive posts but things keep popping up)

bongo actually is making alot of sense, either he is a very deep insider or he is a grade a B-S'er who has clearly though out his lies

anyone else think this is too thought out to be a lie?? who would try that hard to trick people!!!!

2. 1028

1028 Active Member

Hmmm...you know we DID hear a rumor a little while ago saying the Jets were interested in Porter, or something along those lines...

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I don't know, why would the Saints just take #103 and #4 for #2? I say screw the Raiders and just do that deal, then take Leinart or Mario.

#43 PinPointPenning10, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  4. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

yea, that is a little fishy, they could easily get a better deal out of just the raiders

if this is true, why dont the raiders just trade their 1st and 2nd for the 2 overall

and btw, whats up with this guy and periods

EDIT: i just answered my own question.... because the saints arent sure if dbrick will be there at 7 , lol

5. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

You know what pisses me off... I posted a trade idea a couple hours ago and got fing ripped on while bullshit threads were being started about spelling the word retarded incorrectly and how are franchise name is weird..Amazing

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=4954

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

hee-hee...maybe the Brass from the 3 teams noticed your post and thought it was a good idea. :rofl2: If it happens, you get to claim credit for the idea

EDIT - wait a minute, you created that thread after the one over there was

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So did you see it at JI, pretend it was your own idea, and then not give that person credit for it?

Nice. You deserved to get ripped.

8. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

yeah, i dont hink its possible for two different people to think up this trade

9. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

that guy is either legit or a master troll

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

nah i dont believe it

11. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

well guys.......................................................................................i got some inside info.........................................................................................................................................................................but your going to have to post questions all night to get anything out of me.........................................................................now i gotta go, someone is shooting at me for the info i just gave you..................................................................................................................by the way, im reliable

"really bongo?"

yes..............................................trust me.........................................................reliable......................................................the jets are going to be involved in sometihng that has to do with football...................................................trust me....................................................................remember when i was right about that one thing..............................................well, gotta go...................................................................be back in a minute because i have nothing better to do than to lie to you guys....................................................bye

12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

There is some logic behind this, but also some completely outlandish stuff as well.

What makes sense:
    1)The Raiders liking Leinart and wanting to get to #2.
    2)The Saints wanting to move down, but not past #4 (in order to get Williams or Ferguson).
    3)The Jets looking to slide down a few spots.

What doesn't make sense is the complexity of the deal, and the outlandish thought that an agent could fix all the picks from #1-#7. First off, the players that are fixed to slide would be a bit upset. If the Raiders take Leinart, the Titans would likely take Ferguson, Williams or trade down with Green Bay or SF so they can get Williams. There's a good chance that Williams wouldn't make it to the Saints at #4 and it's virtually impossible that Ferguson slides all the way to #7.

I'll buy that such a deal could happen, but just make it much simpler.

1st) Raiders trade #7 and their second to the Jets for #4 and our 3rd rounder.
    2nd) Raiders trade #4, both 3rds or one 3rd and next year's 2nd to the Saints for #2.

Simple as that. No contingencies on fixing the draft. It could also work the other way, where we get Oakland's 3rd (instead of getting their 2nd and trading our 3rd) and New Orleans gets the Raider 2nd rounder.

13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

yea i agree with most of that, but i think that tenn.would target vince young, possibly cutler at 3....this bongo guy said tenn wants/needs a qb desparately, and they have all 3 graded pretty equally....vince young wqould be my guess, and then packers hawk and sf davis would go along as planned.....it still is very fishy though

14. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

I can see the smile on Tagliabues face as he reads the acrd at the podium .....

IF this were to happen, is it all because Al Davis sees Matt "The Snake" Leinert?

I'd be happy walking away with V. Davis, Hawk or Williams and doing this deal - but especially Williams!

15. amliv15

amliv15 New Member

So we're gonna get d'brick and mario, and saints are gonna get d'brick and mario ????

16. amliv15

amliv15 New Member

This is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, the saints are gonna stay at number 2 and the jets are gonna stay at number 4, the saints will take d'brick or mario, and the jets will take whoever the saints dont take, there will be no trade.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:rofl: :rofl:

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

wow now thats a blockbuster fareal

19. Bomber

Bomber New Member

I don't find it plausible that D Brick is going to fall to seven...though stranger things have happened in drafts. The key spots are thus what happens at 5 and 6.

I would imagine, also, that these things will go until the very last minute before the draft; meaning that any proposed deals in the draft are likely to have changed so savagely during the week or so we have left to it, that it will be nothing like what Bongo said it would be today. That is if Bongo is the insider he says he is.

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

no the sanits would take mario (protect him from GB) than assuming they go Hawk and SF goes Davis . We would get D brick than trade him to NO for Mario. according to this guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.