Jets will sign either Scott or C/OGBrown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

what about Hasim Goodman your CB?

going into the offseason the dolphin number 1 directive was to resign Bell and Goodman.

im thinking with the signing of Wilson they also resign Bell and Goodman to solidify your defensive backfield. I dont know how much cap room the phins have to know if this is possible or what the plan is

2. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I'm not sure about Goodman, but NFL network's A. Schefter just reported that Miami is trying to resign Bell today....

#42 BLITZKRIEG, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Seems the latest is that its more likely that Scott stays in Baltimore now, huh? I was hoping that his desire to stay with his former D-Coordinator would outweigh his desire to stay in Baltimore. I just didn't think his desire to stay in Baltimore was that strong. And I'd think that money-wise he'd do much better on the FA market than whatever the Ravens offer him. But maybe I'm missing something. Seems to me the only thing keeping him with the Ravens is team loyalty. I think it's likely they are losing a few of their defensive players (Leonhard, Lewis more than likely).

4. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

jaywayne12
    You are right.
    If you guys will offer 10 mil more than we will (pace) im pretty sure he will end up in NY. But if the $ situation will be similar from both sides, he will go with us, just because of circumstances.

And about Chad.
    I read few times this season that the second he got the Dolphins, Lee (our QB coach) got in his head and tweaked his throwing motion, that's why he can throw for more than 15 yards at a time now. There is always the chance of injury of course, look at Brady, nobody saw that coming.

[EDIT]
    More I read, more and more I think we won't sign him. Parcells always sets up smoke screens. He doesn't usually openly pursue his guys.
    Jeez. I think something is cooking up here.

#44 Mari0k, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Tough call..but I follow where you are coming from.

As far as Chad goes..something happened. I remember watching several Dolphin games not against the Jets where he would make certain passes..not even deep passes..but throwing to the back of the end zone etc..and saying to them "he never made passes like that with the Jets". Hey..who knows..perhaps he did find something that allowed him a couple extra mph's..nobody ever questioned his loyalty...his leadership etc...I wanted him out several years ago because of his limitations.

I still truly believe his limitations will be exposed this upcoming year. Who knows...good luck..you seem like a fair Dolphin fan and welcome aboard.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

i'm on hold with wfan...jets,jets,jets

8. Mari0k

Mari0k New Member

Cant post links.
    Looks like Fins are out of the Brown sweepstakes

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Just goes to show how meaningless some of the FA reports can be. Brown signs with the Rams.