Possible replacement for Brandon Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

A possible replacement for Moore is someone that Rex Ryan is very familiar with and is a 25 year old roadgrader who has been a center the last few years but played both guard and center in college. Sign Jason Brown and you are upgrading the position and getting younger at the same time.

Jason Brown
    Birth Date May 5, 1983
    Birth Place Henderson, NC
    Height 6-3
    Weight 320 lbs.

Age 25
    Position C-G
    Experience 4 years
    College North Carolina

last years assessment

Comment: Brown is a big, strong and wide-bodied interior offensive lineman who has a very thick lower body that makes him difficult to move backwards. Brown played both guard and center in college. While he has only played guard in the NFL, he is capable of handling the pivot and should do an excellent job against massive nose tackle types from the center position. He is a very powerful man who can push a pile or anchor against bigger pass rushers. He is a mauler who puts smaller men on their back and he shows a willingness to finish his blocks. Brown has heavy hands and can stun opposing linemen with his punch and long arms. He is a smart player who acclimated to the NFL quickly and has good recognition of stunts and blitzes. While he continues to improve in this area, Brown is still much better coming forward than retreating in pass protection. He isn't a very good space player and once beaten, can struggle to recover against quicker, more athletic interior pass rushers. He is a two-year starter who should continue to improve. He works hard and is well respected. The Ravens need to be careful with his tender because if they tender him too low, many teams around the league could pounce on Brown. He is a legitimate starter on a power-running team and his stock should continue to rise.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He's gonna get a huge contract

3. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Not more than we would have had to pay Moore and we now have money freed up.

4. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

The Ravens aren't letting him go that easy. Why do you want them to get rid of Moore he is a good player unlike the guys they have let go already. Trim the fat but dont create holes where they were strong last year.

5. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

Well Moore is 27 so your age point isn't going through, and if he is that good as described then you would have to go into a bidding war with another team. Moore is just above average while this guy is just good, so not much a difference either way

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Have they even cut Moore yet?

7. jgwjets1783

jgwjets1783 New Member

no, he is still on the team

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

He is going to get cut within the next few days. I don't necessarily agree on the reasons why, but he is not going to be a Jet next season

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Moore had a solid season for us i would do everything possible to re-structure his deal but like i said he had a solid season and was one of our best run blockers.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't know who this Brown guy is and Moore was legit. If they aren't downgrading but trimming salary I'm in, otherwise what's the point?

#10 Jake, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i've heard brown wants 8 mill a year. That is in no way "not more than we had to pay moore." for this year, the number is similar (Moore's 7 mill roster bonus) but after this year moore will be making peanuts in comparison

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Is there anyone on the Ravens this board doesn't have us targeting in free agency? LOL! I get that Rex was on the Ravens, and I'm sure he may snag a player or two, but there are other teams he may have seen once or twice and will try to go after their players too.

13. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

please, please just give moore his freaking money. he worked hard for it, shows in TJs phenomenal year. Can we please get some consistency on the line for once?

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree. Sometimes you can tinker too much. You had to figure the line would have come back stronger just due to having a year together. I don't like parting ways with Moore. I'm not saying it because he is a dominant player, i just think from a continuity standpoint we should have kept this line in tact.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

we offered moore a 'take it or leave it' restructer, which has been described as a 'joke'.

moore has been the victim of many bad contracts and he is looking to cash in before he dies, so adios.

16. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I wish the Jets re-signed Moore, but if Ryan has someone he personally knows will fill the position for less, I guess that'll work. Hopefully...

17. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

projected second round draft prospects who would all do fine :

Herman Johnson 6-8, 364

Duke Robinson 6-5, 335

Phil Loadholt 6-8, 343

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Herman Johnson is actually two people. They squeeze them both into the same uni and let "him" play on the line, but he is actually two human beings.

No way one actual human being could be that big.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Duke would be nice... and I like Phil Loadholt.

loadholt has a nice fluidity to his game... but moving him inside is risky because he's so tall.

20. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

How do you know they would do fine? Not only that you have to now use a pick on something we already have but won't pay for? Doesn't make to much sense.