Vilma and Hawk = No where to run

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets41815162342, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

We need more Hawk talk on the GG. Why is there so little support for Hawk at the 4 spot? It's such a given that he's going to GB "ONE SPOT LOWER". Is there such a steep talent drop from 4 to 5?

We are looking at this all wrong. F the offense with our first pick, this year we are rebuilding anyway. Big questions about all 3 QBs and D'Brick's run blocking prowess. Mario will not fall to 4 so forget that scenario.

Vilman and Hawk, just picture those two demons lining up all over the field in the 3-4, 4-3 defense. Two very smart, impact playmakers terrorizing offensive schemes. If we can add a fat ass NT to the mix with Von OlHoffen and Ellis and possibly a OLB at 29 or 35 I think we would have a formitable D.

2. 1028

1028 Active Member

Well at least youre not suggesting Hawk as an OLB. The reasons theres probably so little support for this maniac is probably because we are already cluttered at the position, with Vilma, Barton, Kassell, and Hobson. Right now OLB should our biggest concern. At least if we pick Bush, Leinart, Mario, or Davis, they would address a position on our team that is in need of an upgrade. But if the CS dosent have confidence in Barton coming of the injury, or dosent believe that Hobson or Kassell are capable starters, then its plausible that we select him

3. ganooch

ganooch Member

I was always a proponent of snagging AJ Hawk. he and Vilma would be monsters together. Although we are not thin at Linebacker, if we could drop down a spot or two and grab him I say go and do it.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

If you haven't noticed all of the recent FA signings in recent weeks, LB is really not a need for the team at this point in time. I would rather drop a few spots and pick up Ngata.

In a 3-4, Vilma won't do anything without quality guys on the D line picking up blockers. We are sorely thin in that area right now.

5. Gunther

Gunther Member

Would rather have Manny Lawson
    But that is later in the draft

6. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

I don't get it. Hawk is more of a luxury pick than Vernon Davis. He's best suited as a MLB in the 3-4 and we already have Kassel and Vilma.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would disagree with everyone saying that LB is not a need. I think it is a huge need, only we need OLBs not ILBs. I think Hawk is probably the safest pick in the draft, as much as a sure thing as you get. But he is better suited for ILB, I would rather get the OLB at 29..

8. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Why any Jets fan would want to draft Hawk at #4 is beyond me....

9. NYJ1012

NYJ1012 Banned

the jets need to think offense first, their offense was awful last season, and with the few free agent signings of teague, clement, dwight, and the aquisition of ramsey will not change crap about our offense. we need an offensive player that can have our offense turn the corner, and get us closer to be a 20pt + scoring team. our defense is fine right now, and with our #29, and #35 selections we will surely add a defensive weapon that we could use in the new 3-4 scheme. with the first pick, i'd have to go offense, that being d'brick, or vernon davis.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hawk+Hobson+Vilma+Barton = Best Lb corps ever!

lets take the hawk, tank it again one more year, draft Quinn next year and win the F Superbowl!!!! I am pumped!

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Why even waste the bandwidth?

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Our defense was pretty shitty too. Barrett is a weak CB. 8 yd gain everytime on first down if thrown to his side.

13. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Absolutely, while Hawk would be a great addition there are other top prospects available at positions of great need. LT for example, if we were to drop down a couple spots the I would not be upset at all with Ngata

14. MedyrsChild

MedyrsChild New Member

While I like AJ Hawk he's just a Vilma Lite to me. He's not as dominant as people play him up to be and not near as strong as his Cro-mag appearance. Look at the Mich/Notre dame games. Particularly Notre Dame. He was kinda on smash and had a b!tch of a problem shedding blockers. i don't know how many "reps' he will or has done at the combine but that's nothing to me. In game he looks like a solid LB but a top 10 pick? Hell I haven't heard or seen one thing speaking about his game intelligence. Vilma was lauded for being such an intelligent player but all I hear about AJ is that he's a "beast". What was his Wonderlic? Was he cheating off of Vince Young?

15. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Well i want to know this why in many mock drafts such as foxsports, do they have hawk listed as a OutSide Linebacker? I think he would be able to play the outside. Filling a great need on our part, i honestly think hobson has the talent of a backup in this league.

16. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Hawk is the real deal. Saw him a number of times in person. Was an absolute monster at the ND game; I was impressed the way he welcomed Brady Quinn to the family. (I thought he even backed off on Quinn a couple of times to his detriment.)

I'd take him at number 4 if he's available.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Well, you are a fin fan, so that's not all that's beyond you...

later

18. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

that just gives teams all the more reason to pass on our weakness

19. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

and btw, if i were coach, i would make hawk cut his hair

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

any chance we'll take hawk? i'd be for it.