Bye Bye Brad Smith.... Clowney to finally get his chance. Other FA News

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

The Newark Star-Ledger expects Jets WR Brad Smith to end up in Cleveland next season with ex-coach Eric Mangini.
    Mangini is a big Smith supporter and can use help across from Braylon Edwards, although there's no reason to think Smith is ready to play full time. Still, he couldn't possibly be worse than the Browns' third receivers last year

he new Jets' coaching staff has reportedly made it an offseason priority to see if David Clowney is "the real deal."
    Clowney didn't get this chance last year because of a broken collarbone. The speedster will compete with third receiver Chansi Stuckey for playing time. Clowney's biggest downfalls as a pro have been his hands and durability.

some other notes

Many people wanted to look at Kelvin Hayden
    like i said he was gonna cost too much 5 yrs 43 mil 25m in guaranteed not too bad. Congrats buddy

Jerry Porter- The Raiders are apparently looking to sign him again! When will they learn?

Rams assigned the Franchise tag to OJ Atogwe..... Take him off your list

Shane Lechler- Resigned Sorry guys

Johnathon Vilma- The New Orleans Times reports that the Saints are going to retry to resign vilma once Free agency starts... Say good bye to that extra second rounder.

James Butler-The Giants will let SS James Butler test the free agent market.

Anyone else interested in this kid. He is a pretty good player, has great size 215 and height 6'3.

In 2007 started in 12 regular season games totaling 68 tackles. Started all 4 post season games and was the second leading tackler with 30 tackles. Including 9 tackles in the nfc championship game (7 solo) and 9 tackles in the superbowl game (8 solo).

I think we should really take a look at this kid if we don't resign elam or bring in Leonhard.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmKVknikZdU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bF6MuF_G2U[/YOUTUBE]

#1 inSANITy, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Braylon...meet Triple coverage....triple coverage...meet Braylon.

3. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

can you post more i just love looking at those things in that girls shirt, what are they?

Can i get them at my local convenience store?

4. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Good riddance to a worthless sack of shit.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

cap room....

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

with regards to his role in the offense...i agree with your comment. But as a special teamer...B.Smith was absolutely stellar.

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Whatever - we can always find another quality special teamer. I'm just thrilled to never have to see Brad line up behind center again.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Funny , whenever Brad Smith was on the field I could hear 'clown music' , Hes going and Clowney replaces him....how ironic

9. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Fuck Cleveland. He's still under contract to the jets. Smith and our 4th round pick for Anderson damnitt.

10. pender30

pender30 Member

That's great news. I like both Clowney and Stuckey better than Smith. Also, Wallace Wright can pick up Smith's slack on special teams, assuming they keep Wright around.

I can finally stop worrying about the Brad Smith option package rearing it's ugly head.

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

So are we just giving him to Cleveland or are we trading him or what?

Anderson sucks balls. I'd rather have Smith.

12. Satire?

Satire? Guest

The breast is the upper ventral region of an animal’s torso, particularly that of mammals, including human beings. The breasts of a female primate’s body contain the mammary glands, which secrete milk used to feed infants.

Male breasts and female breasts in human beings develop from the same embryological tissues. In females at puberty sex hormones, mainly estrogens, promote breast development. In males this does not happen. As a result, breasts become more prominent in adult females than in males.

-wiki article so not sure if its accurate

#12 Satire?, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  13. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

i think the Vilma thing makes me more made than anything...I still think we could of set up the trade agreement differently to get more out of it on our part...

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Brad Smith costs us barely nothing. Since we have to sign someone to replace him on ST, we won't be saving much

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We probably wouldn't save anything by cutting him and picking up another special teams player. Smith can be put on special teams and Clowney can go above him on the depth chart. I see absolutely no reason to get rid of a very good special teams player when he's costing us next to nothing.

16. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Thanks for the clarification I think I'm going to go ask Jetsfan1290's wife/gf/internet lover for some milk tomorrow morning for my coffee.

17. jgwjets1783

jgwjets1783 New Member

I'm looking forward to see what Clowney can do this season

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That is my thinking too,. This is disappointing too as I had really high hopes for Smith when we drafted him and I had visions of school yard football plays with him. Unfortunately school yard football doesn't work in the NFL and neither does Brad Smith.

As for the Vilma deal..... how on earth did we agree to trade him and get nothing in return?

19. Colintes

Colintes New Member

Fuck this....if it is true, Brad Smith you will be missed.... the guy had a lot of heart, more then can be said for quite a few players on this team.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Brad smith wasn't doing much this past season and his skills as a receiver are still raw, clowney with his speed can be a big player for us this season.