No Jets Interest In Vick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tpjets62, Feb 14, 2009.

1. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

This makes me happy!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/no-jets-interest-in-vick--202606.html

" The Falcons yesterday acknowledged publicly for the first time that they want to trade the rights to suspended quarterback Michael Vick.

Don't expect the Jets, who are quarterback-challenged after the retirement of Brett Favre this week, to be one of the teams interested in the troubled Vick.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence at the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth, Kan., for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy but is scheduled for release July 20.

"The Jets have no interest in Michael Vick," a Jets spokesman told The Post yesterday."

2. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

One could argue we were quarterback-challenged last year, but still....whew!

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i would love to get vic. besides being the best qb availalbe, he would add tons to our bad-ass mean mf'er team image moving forward.

other teams will be scared enough to play us, but when they hear that even the meanist blood thirsty canine on the planet got it's ass whooped they might not even show up. woof! woof!

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well that is just a move that makes too much sense. Not going after Vick is exactly what we need. He would destroy any faith of the fanbase. Honestly the GM/Owner/Coach that take a chance on Vick is asking for an awful lot from their fanbase. Because trust me when i say it they will be crucified for the move.

5. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Well I don't think anybody is interested in trading for Vick. That would the dumbest move in the history of such moves.

But if Vick is a FA, I really hope the Jets at lease work him out. I mean, come on the man has paid his debt. Dogs are food some people choose to adore.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Some of us also like to eat humans.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Falcons will keep him and switch him to runningback. There's no market out there at the prices they want and despite their denials they really don't want to cut him and get no value in return.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He'll be pretty sick out of the wildcat

9. FatStupidLoser

Does anyone really believe he will be reinstated? If he is the commish will have to do a 180 on his policies.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Praise The Lord!!!!

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He is sick from eating wildcat?

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Dogs are much better company then many people on this board would be. I'm guessing most likely smarter then a few as well.

If Vick returns to the NFL I hope its no where near the Jets team. He was a good athlete, but not a good QB.

13. ecurb2369

ecurb2369 New Member

This is the worst story the media has created in a while... lol

Name one positive thing that would happen by bringing Vick to the JETS... just one...

14. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I HOPE you're kidding...and if you're NOT, you're an IDIOT!

15. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

In all reality, you cant. The media circus & animal groups alone would kill us let alone the 24/7 scrutiny of his personal life. It would never go away and be a constant distraction. And for what? A good scrambler? I want no part of him.

16. Stay What You Are

Stay What You Are New Member

Good call on not trying to get Vick. Too much controversy, especially in New York.

17. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

M Vick would be the best answer for the QB challenged Jets. Jets don't get a Qb that can scare a defense, that just going to mean teams are going to load up to stop the run. Make the jets beat them with the pass. Could be a very long year for the Jets. Not good when Psl start in 2010.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hilarious...

I hope the Jets don't take a look at him...at all...if we thought Favre was a media circus imagine what Vick would bring...

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How exactly will Mike Vick help us beat teams with the pass??

20. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, but those dogs are bread in captivity and kept in cages till eatin. They never touch the floor. (Korean custom) Not your household pooch.