We can kiss 2009 season goodbye

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Good post. I agree 100%

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Holy crap! We picked Blair Thomas AGAIN?!!

And people here praise Tannenbaum. . . . bah!

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You're basing it on the schedule, before the draft and free agency even starts? Like one year has anything to do with the next? Ok, I think we're done here.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Blair Thomas actually played. He actually ran for positive yards and he actually scored some touchdowns. So did Johnny Lam Jones. Gholston had 1 tackle in 16 games. Not hard to compare.

#84 Don, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Before anyone gives a single bit of consideration to anything #1 Jets Fan says, please know that he wanted to draft Marcus Vick and also believed Maurice Clarett ("Mo Carlett" according to him) was the steal of the 2005 draft.

[​IMG]

6. Sundayjack

Heh. Good times. . . . good times. . . . .

7. Sundayjack

Do we revise this part of the thread after year two, or should we wait for year six?

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

From that errors/the way this is written, I am going to assume you're around 15 years old.

So any QB we get for '09 will not help our team? Can I can get an explanation as to why? O-Line, WR, himself?

We brought in Ryan to fix our D, and looking at his resume, I am not going to say our D is going to suck because of Mangini/Sutton's '08 D. With the talent we have, I think if anything we are going to be pretty damn good.

Last year Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Tony Sparano, and Mangini in '06, showed that you can succeed being a rookie HC. You could even argue Singletary was very successful with the 49ers after he took over.

There's really no reason to agree with any of your reasoning for overlooking the season. I do give you credit though for not using the hardest schedule things as an excuse...

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

But MO CARLETT WAS THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT YOU HATERS.

11. Sundayjack

Here's a question for the ages. Sort of like, "If a tree falls in the forest. . . " or "Which came first. . . " -- Is JoeJet drowning his sorrows in #1's bar, or is #1 lounging around on JoeJet's yacht?

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

id if we can kiss 2009 season goodbye. On NFL network i saw something on favre and wat he did in his career and his backups were talking about it. It involved the likes of Mark Brunell, Ty Detmer, and Matt Hasselbeck. Ty detmer brought the eagles to a couple of playoff games and help start Mcnabbs career. Mark Brunell led the jags to 2 afc championship games. Matt Hasselbeck has led the seattle seahawks to a couple playoff games and a superbowl but lost. As you can see all 3 of these guys learned from favre and have had success...lots of success. Look at aaron rogers also...he played incredible after favre left that team, but that D did not help rogers one bit thus leading them to a losing season. People who have learned under favre have really succeeded in their careers..i know there are a few that have failed(j.t O'sullivan), but most of them were successful. So this gives you something to look at....maybe Kellen clemens or Brett ratlif will lead us to a superbowl eventually.

13. Stay What You Are

Stay What You Are New Member

More like J.T. O'Smellingsalts

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

^ i love people who dont even attempt to blend into the convo to get that post count up.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

16. gillyman

gillyman New Member

I disagree. Clemens will be coming into his own this year. A few years under his belt and a great offensive line will allow him to shine. I would like the Jets to look into a game breaking wide receiver though. I am not sure how much Coles has in him anymore.

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald and Tony Romo.

18. gillyman

gillyman New Member

I hate complete negativity like this before the season starts.

I have friends who don't look at the facts that we do have a solid team. Yes, we have some holes but you won't find many teams in the NFL who are well rounded anymore.

The game is won on the front line. Our O-Line is among the best in the league. This will lead to another productive year from TJ and Leon. Kellen will do fine.

19. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

I bet any amount of money that Madden will compare Romo to favre when romo is being mentioned in something even if it's something stupid

20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If we can kiss the 2009 season goodbye from now, why don't we just skip the draft and forfeit all our games next season? Or better yet, ju$t convince Favre to return.