Interesting Take on Jets FO

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DevTeam, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Fleming

Fleming New Member

What a joke? We had a top 15 defense with Abraham. I doubt we're top 20 without him.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

2. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

We signed Dyson, Kimo, Kassell, Chatham, Pope...
    IMO those are not serious downgrades..
    Yes, Abraham gave us a chance to win some ballgames last year and we'll miss that but truth is, teams just ran on us all year long. We're going to better against the run this year, guarantee
    Dyson is not going get us 10 picks but he is a solid replacement for #1CB

3. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I agree the source has no credibilty. If they had the worst roster they would've finished worst in the league. They didn't. Plus the MAIN reason they finished as bad as they did was injuries.

We have much more talent then people think because of all the question marks around various areas. People definitely forget how much of an affect injuries can have and all of our problems last year seemed worse because of the number of issues and that one issue led into another.

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Stepped on Bradway???????????

Huh????

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And Mangini has been a talent evaluator before? I thought he was as assistant coach. How has anyone seen or been able to evaluate his ability to evaluate talent as a DB coach and one year as DC??? Was Donnie Henderson a good evaluator of talent? How would anyone know? That article is a bunch of BS.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I thought I remember seeing the team come a kick away from the Championship game with Abe on the sideline???

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Have fun watching Atlanta.

Abe is the most overrated, one dimensional player "superstar" in the NFL. His run stopping ability has become much better than when he was a rookie, but what hasn't changed is that he is a better run stopper when in pursuit than when taking on a lineman directly. If Mangini switches the team to a 3-4 base defense, then the linebackers become the blitzers, and while I think Abraham would've actually done better as a linebacker in the 3-4 then a DE in the 4-3, he is still overpaid and unnecessary considering some of the other needs on the team, specifically offensive line.

8. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

Bradway made some really solid later round picks - hopefully he can help out there. Also, I think Dick Haley is on the payroll (for what that is worth.) A lot of this will come down to Mangini and what he thinks....................... I have to believe he has seen enough football and has a strong sense of what system he wants to use and what guys fit.

9. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

OWNED:lol: :up:

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

would we have gotten to the playoffs without him?

:shit:

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I think so.... And the point was - The Defense DID play damn well WITHOUT Abe against some real good competition... And that was with Herm "Coaching".

12. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Half the time I think they make this stuff up with 'inside sources' on the Insider because they need to sell the pay service. Who told him Mangini cant evaluate talent...the water boy?