Rex Press Conference, Does anyone else want to go make a open field tackle? - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jfhjr71, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Did you know that when Namath made that statement in your sig that he made it because he knew the game plan Ryan's father had planned for the DL

2. jets272

jets272 New Member

ryan will be interviewed by Francesca on the Fan today at 5:25 and Tanenbaum will be tehre at 2:45 for those intrested

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

He'll be on SportsCenter live in a few minutes. I'll try to recap.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

which means if anyone wants him they can have him.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i think we can say bye to a WR in teh 1st like I wanted because it sounds like he's just concerned with having a top D.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Ryan on SportsCenter LIVE.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Setting his expectations high (about the meeting Obama/Super Bowl comment). If he doesn't say it then who will believe it's possible?

Feels a connection to the Jets due to his dad coaching here. Had a good feeling about here after meeting with Woody and Tannenbaum.

Dad joked with him, "this is his team, don't screw it up."

Time to put together a good coaching staff. Callahan, Westhoff already on board, likes having their experience around being a rookie head coach.

Knows first hand what Favre is capable of, beat their defense up in 2001.

Wants to have an "all-weather" offense and it starts with the running game.

Pretty much it, nothing that wasn't covered in the PC.

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

So key for this happen. T. Jones and Leon baby!

Hell, I can bet Rex will throw Tony Richardson into the mix too.

9. shaba_99

shaba_99 New Member

I have to say I was impressed with the conference. I really like his confidence. Completely opposite to the mangina presser when he came aboard, you guys remember, Manginia couldnt even express a thought

Go Jets!

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

ahahah, Alio you are the man, was thinking the same thing myself just as I read this.

11. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Hopefully Callahan is retained to be the OC!!!

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I didn't think it would be necessary to start a thread on this, so, I'll just lay it on here.

There's a new video of Rex Ryan on the team's website speaking to the fans and what they can expect from the team. Nothing necessarily new, but there are some things worth noting.

"We're planning on being the most physical and aggressive football team in the National Football League. I think that's the kind of mentality, the kind of swagger, if you will, that we're going to bring in everyday."

"We're also going to be very multiple as a offense and a defense. So we're gonna try to put pressure on everybody. We don't just put pressure on one or two guys, but we're gonna try to put pressure on an entire offense and an entire defense to make adjustments and all that. But, we're going to be the most physically team in the league."

The drums playing in the background are a nice touch to this new attitude he's gonna bring.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hope he didn't say it just like that.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Not soon enough.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

What? The 'very multiple on offense and defense' part? It's what threw me off as well. I'm pretty sure he said it just like that tho cause I replayed it 3-4 times.

Guy is probably nervous. He wants to be done with these interviews anyway and get to coaching. I remember Herm being awesome at doing these things.

16. ibleedgreen7476

Does anyone else feel like we finally have what we need to dominate this division? I'm so glad we're going to stop being the Pats Jr. and start being our own team. I hope everyone remembers that in 07 when the ravens were not doing very well they still almost beat the undefeated patriots, who were much better than the team that beat us at home this year. I feel very good about this hire, and heres to hoping that the Jets are on their way to becoming a legit team with a real identity.

New Stadium, New Coach, New philosophy. Same old jets no more
    :beer:

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I wanted to cry. I can see why his players loved him so much. This guy makes me wanna go out and hit something!!! I couldn't be happier, now that i've gotten a feel as to what this guys all about. I think he's pumped! I think he looks at us as if he's coming home.

WELCOME HOME, REX. NOW GO OUT A KICK SOME ASS!!!

#117 Jersey Joe 67, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  18. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Sorry, I agree that anybody listening to this who doesn't love this guy as a coach has no emotion. But I think anyone who already "loves" this guy as a head coach after just this PC -- before he's even had his first game, or even practice, as a head coach -- then it's the anybody who does love him as a football coach who is the fool, not the other way around. I mean, Al Pacino gives some great talk in Any Given Sunday too, but that doesn't mean that Al Pacino is a great football coach. Since we're talking, can I sell you some really nice beachfront property in Florida?

Count me as optimistic, but not getting ahead of myself (the boasting about getting woodies here is more weird than funny IMO)

19. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

This guy give me real hope !
    Honestly, I could live with a few less wins his first season as long as the Jets knocked the snot out of everybody they played and made the league fear them, setting the tone for the future.

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

agreed. i wanna go there on sundays and see bodies being laid out. i wanna see the kind of hits that i saw in the pittsburgh-baltimore game last weekend. I WANT BLOOD!!!! i want this team to be feared no matter what their record is. I am most excited to see if he can give us a chance to see the ghost contribute. if anyone can get something out of that kid's incredible physical tools, its rex.