I think I'm Depressed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Jan 19, 2009.

1. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Cheer up, Junc. There is nothing worse than being a Super Bowl loser. That's why so many teams that lose the biggest game fail to make the playoffs the next season.

Sometimes, things have to fall into place in order to get to the Super Bowl. You are right, the cardinals are not a better team than the Jets. They finished the season with the same record and the Cardinals play in a softer division. But that's the way things sort out after awhile.

It doesn't bother me that the Cardinals made the championship. As a Jet fan of 37 years, I know the Jets didn't earn the right. You never know if or when they will.

2. Colintes

Colintes New Member

Think about the poor Mets fans, who had to suffer through 3 collapses 2 by the Mets and now one by the Jets.

3. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

The Steelers (and Patriots) as an organization should be the model on how to run a franchise. They have a philosophy on how football is played and won. They built a foundation based on that philosophy and have not deviated from it. Every personnel decision is based on that foundation.

They don't subscribe to the latest fad. The Steelers run the ball and play great defense. They don't hire coaches with the thought of getting rid of them after 3 and 5 years if things don't go their way. They bring in coaches who believe in what the Steelers already not; not people who bring in their own new ideas.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

exactly...before they actually won yesterday, all week I was saying " I cannot believe the Cardinals are HOSTING the NFC champ. game.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Turns out they should have been. They were obviously the best team in the NFC in the playoffs.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm astounded they even made it this far. Kurt Melt-Down Warner can sabotage just about anything.

The Boogie man is waiting for him now, though and it's wearing black and gold.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Without McNabb throwing like a geezer, they wouldn't have been.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Believe me I have thought about that.

I would much rather make it and lose than never make it. At least Ari has the NFC Title to celebrate and 2 weeks of SB talk.

9. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

That's how I felt when the Falcons and Bucs both went to the Super Bowl. But I try to look at the bright side and think that if they can do it.....

10. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Believe me, I'm with you on this. Losing AFC Championship games didn't feel very good either.

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I agree 100%

We've been hanging our hat on SB III for such a long time, to have done NOTHING over the past 40 years is a joke and a complete embarrassment.

At this point, the only worse franchises than the Jets are the Lions, Saints, and Chiefs. THAT'S IT

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the NFC Championship game and love the way the Cards play, so it didn't make me feel depressed, but the point is still well made that even no-hopers of such monumental magnitude as the Cards have turned their team into conference champions while the Jets wallow in the quicksand of mediocrity.

Now a Browns-Lions Super Bowl would REALLY get me depressed.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This Cardinals thing has hit home, I can't believe they have made it to the Superbowl and the Jets always fall hopelessly behind. It hurts even worse because our Jets absolutely destroyed them earlier in the year. Think about it, a team THE JETS put up 56pts on is actually playing in the superbowl while the Jets are seemingly SO far from reaching the superbowl. At least Pittsburgh is going to destroy them - I'll take solace in that.

BTW - I have stopped referring to the Jets as "we." As is "WE are going to be better next season." It actually feels better for some reason. Plus I don't want to be associated with their embarrassing late season collapses year after year, I don't miss blocks or tackles, I don't throw or catch badly, I'm just stupid enough to hope they win.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Were you watching the same game?

McNabb 28 - 47 375yds 3tds

That is "throwing like a geezer"?

And this is Warners THIRD Super Bowl. Not exactly the career of a choke artist.

15. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

The jets didn’t destroy the Cardinals when we played; we destroyed them in one quarter aided by 13 Warner fumbles and had to kill one of their players to barely escape with a win.

Just saying…

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk man.. i know they flew around and made it interesting but being up 34-0 at halftime kinda seems like destroying a team. I know the cardinals did a lot in the second half, but it also felt like the Jets could have scored at will against them, and they did.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The teams who have not been to the Super Bowl since the Jets last appearance: Detroit Lions, Houston Texans (expansion team), new Cleveland Browns (expansion team), San Diego, New Orleans. The list is getting short with Arizona, Indianapolis, Seattle, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Tennessee and Atlanta all coming off in the last decade.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No way, dude/ We won last offseason, but usually we end up mediocre even in the offseason.

19. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I was rooting against the Cardinals yesterday. The way they played in some of their road games this year, especially the one in the snow against New England made me think that they are an extremely soft team. Their playoff win against a very good Carolina team started to change my mind but I still think that it's a joke that a 9-7 team is in the Super Bowl. They were ridiculously lucky that Philly beat the Giants. No way they win yesterday at Giants Stadium in the cold.

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

The Cardinals have now been removed from a list of NFL Franchises more miserable than the Jets. That list now only include the Bengals, Browns, Saints, Lions and Texans.