Jets Not Interested In Gruden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Jan 16, 2009.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

No, that was just Callahan owning Ted Cottrell. Jon Gruden, that same weak, was in his first season as the Tampa Head Coach watching his team trounce the 49ers (they were 12-4 and coming off a bye). A few weeks later, he watched his team trounce Bill Callahan's Oakland Raiders in the superbowl. (the team that he built along with Mr. Callahan)

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Not being interested in Gruden is a mistake. They need to it least interview him.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Go Get Him Woody

4. Machjet

Machjet New Member

I dont say much around here...but I agree with the fact that Gruden is not what the JETS need.

Gruden does have fiery attitude, but the reports are that he is disliked by such attitude. It is all about how he uses that attitude that he has and it doesnt sound like he has used it well, specially when it comes to his players.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

So they're not at all interested in John Gruden, yet Schotty Jr. is at the top of the list.

Yeah, this organization makes zero sense.

6. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

GOOD! Bring me REX!!

7. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

exactly my thoughts....

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Seriously.

Everyone is bringing up how he is a "Super Bowl winning Head Coah". That's fine and dandy, and also 7 years old already. His team has obviously changed since then.

In fact, the Bucs were worse than us this season, if you really want to look at it. They were 9-3 at one point, and failed to make the playoffs. That has to lie on the coach, at some point.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the jets are seriously retarded.....

they screw up cowher pass on shanny and now say no to gruden...

yet no stone unturned huh??

so by that they mean we will leave no coordinator unturned but the coaches with experience we pass on...

so dumb...

10. jjc92787

jjc92787 New Member

The looking for a young and passionate coach comment does not make sense at all. Is Gruden not the epitimy of both, plus experience and a ring? Not saying he's the best choice out there, but it doesn't make that much sense the Jets aren't interested.

11. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I'm pretty sure the organization knows they are going to offer the job to Rex Ryan, and I think they know he will accept it. They know alot more then they are telling us, I think they have a pretty good idea whats going on. I really do trust Tanny, and you can say all you want about him, but everyone was calling him the executive of the year before our collapse. And I know one thing is for sure, Tanny was not the reason for our late season collapse.

And when it comes to Shotty Jr. I believe the talks that Mangini was holding him back, and Scotty may not have even been calling the plays.

Who knows, but hopefully the Ravens loss Sunday so we can clear this thing up!

12. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Gruden's whole problem was with rebuilding football teams, so why would we take him? C'mon..

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Honestly, not interviewing Gruden is downright negligent. I understand if Ryan is the favorite and it's almost a done deal that he'll be hired, but even so Gruden's incredibly qualified and if he has any interest at all the Jets should do their due diligence and at least let him pitch a plan for the franchise.

14. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I have to chuckle at this thread... Cowher wanted no part of NY, neither did Shannahan. Both want total control, and I agree with Woody Johnson, that s too much for one person to handle. Someone mentioned Holmgren? LMAO, the guy just retired.

Gruden is as his nickname "Chucky" implies, a guy who is a lose cannon and doesn't get along with the FO, the players, even hos own coaching staff. "Chucky" would be the star in his own horror show as a Jets HC.

His team imploded this year too, and we just fired a guy who allowed that to happen. The guy jerks QB's around like a 10 year old bully in a kindergarden playground.

I've seen his act enough to know he is NOT right for the Jets, but some people think ohhh... he won a Super Bowl! He must be a great HC! I think the talking heads on the NFL NW are right about this one... the timing makes me think there is WAY more to this firing than meets the eye. The GM was fired too... what does that tell you? Gruden's record is barely over 500 as a HC. ONE Super Bowl win... likely the only one he will ever get.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

+1 ........ I think it is awesome the Jets said "not interested" to this useless bag of dicks...... oh and well said!

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

+2

Why the hell would we want to look at Gruden? His team fell apart worse then we did. He is a nightmare to work with. People clamoring for him really have no fucking clue.

17. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Hire This Man Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Gruden wouldn't be a good fit for NYJ right now anyways.

Guy is a very fast offensive track, players that can't keep up and bumped bruised and beaten, to the detriment of the whole team.

Guys like Gannon, Garcia, and Brad Johnson could run on the track. It's a fast one that need experience and moxy. If you guys are keeping Favre, then yes. But since a new QB is the flavor right now, Gruden would be the LAST guy you want.

Gruden cannot develope young talent.

19. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

The reason Tanna and Woody don't want Gruden is not because he's not a good coach but because he won't take any bullshit from the front office. He's a threat to that cosy partnership and the first thing he would do would make up the primadonna's (#4) mind about retirement by telling him he's finished in New York.

To at least not interview him is negligent and says a lot about our FO.

20. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

i agree i'll take gruden over schottenheimer. callahan. meeks. even spagnoulo.

but i think it would be close between him and rex ryan.