New Stadium? New Unis? Better Luck?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 12, 2009.

1. martinsec339

martinsec339 New Member

the unis now are classy ill say that but they are too classy. we are not the jets from 1969 obviously because we dont have joe willie or anybody who resembles him. its time for a change, the last time we changed uniforms we had success with parcells. new coach new stadium why same old jets. keep the green and white throw in some black and get green helmets like the alternates we ha in 94.

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I like the Green on Green. Don't see that too much anymore.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the dallas stars of the nhl mix green, white , and gold.

try light notre dame style gold helmets with the jets logo like petro uses, and pants with a white and green pin stripe. the gold pinstripe can be used on the jersey as well.

make the players stand out better during a game instead of green unis on green field.

just my suggestion.:metal:

4. Lake

Lake New Member

They should go back to the original kelly green, a color no other team uses in the NFL. An updated design would also be a nice change.

There really is something to be said about making a change in uniforms when the culture of the team needs changing. Teams with a strong history of success don't need to change a thing, as their looks are associated with their winning identities.

Typically, teams get better with a significant overhaul, especially when the team is on its way already and needs that clear break from their previous pathetic ways. Examples across all sports include the Broncos, Bucs, Rays, Mavericks, Cardinals, Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks, Mets (black jerseys), Indians, Mariners, Angels, Falcons, Cavaliers, Nuggets, and Devils. You have psychological license to act differently if you don't look like the losers of your past.

Conversely, you can screw up a good thing by changing what isn't broken. Two examples of teams who changed their unis right after a title and went downhill are the Rockets and Rams.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Make them stand out on the field. Hey someone else sees it too.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

LOL yeah good point. Trust me, I would not throw any of them to the curb in less that the usual 38 seconds I need for my own selfish purposes!

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh they totally look like typical Jersey/NY/LI women.

Must own a Benz to get them to talk to you, and if you remove the spackle, they look like old port whores.

I'm up in Maine at the moment where's it's the complete opposite - you need to beat the women off with a stick. The land of debauchery.

8. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I agree. A fashion makeover is not the answer to the Jets' problems. It's got everything to do with coaches and players who get the job done no matter how they play. New England didn't win because of their uniform change. A fashion statement is not the answer. How about a smashmouth defense?

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Let's just compromise and get smashmouth uniforms.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I thnk the helmets should have a jetliner spinning around on them