Brian Schotty for HC; MARTY Schotty for OC; HERM for DC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Jan 10, 2009.

1. metsfvr

metsfvr New Member

While you're at why not bring back Rich Kotite to coach special teams? Lets keep interviewing please......

2. EL1525

EL1525 New Member

I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this crap!

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this is by far the worst post ive ever read....and simply the worst idea ive ever read...

firstly you state that brian schotty is qualified because hes been interviewed...you fail to mention hes never been hired....hire his dad as OC?? so you think that someone can be the superior to their tenured father?? and then hire herm as DC the former HC of this team stating he can be humbled back into the position he never held...

do you not see the overwhelming power struggle this idea sets forth??? not only that but its dooming this team for utter failure...

please never post again...

4. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Would this be the most conservative coaching staff in NFL history?

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

those in agreement of the OP : 0
    those opposed : 1203912041

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Please no Herm.

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Yeah, sticky a thread you've already visited more than twice. And I've been here longer than you, and than most of ye who drop the gauntlet.

To those who find this laughable...
    Marty has enough experience to take over a a staff on any side of the ball. If analysts and experts can offer meaningless "sage" advice from the flanks, most who have never even been on a football field mind you, than I'd trust Marty to run any aspect of my team. Marty knows football, period. Offense, defense, special teams, cheerleading, fandom, etc. 61% career winning percentage as a head coach means he knows more than defense.
    Herm's experience with defensive backs (something that was considered our "strength" but was squandered this year) and as a head coach automatically makes him DC-able. Too conservative for you on offense? Problem's solved if he's handcuffed to a defense. And switching back to a 4-3 is going to happen eventually...it's not set in stone that we have to run a 3-4 for the rest of the franchise's history. It could come next year anyway!
    Brian is and was ready to be a HC; I brought up his interviews as proof that others in the league thought he was ready in the past, not as the only reason. His playcalling, and the creation of a system that two very different qbs could run is another. He offers continuity with an offense that needs a face-lift, not a complete overhaul, therefore players don't have to learn an entirely new system and playbook. An offensive playbook is harder to learn than a defensive playbook by the numbers alone.

Lastly, this was an opinion, meant to provoke thought. If my opinion was Jets doctrine...Pennington would still be starting for this franchise next year too and Herm would've received an extension based on their records and their relationships with the entire team. Chemistry was never an issue for each of them, yet one year removed from Chad we've got snipers in the press talking about Brett,
    and the biggest criticism of all, the "Favre should've been benched" a shot from tJ at the outgoing coach, instead of the QB himself whom the media turned the attack on. Any Jets players in the past fire shots at Herm? Ever?
    I'd hate to be a dog that barks in your homes, or a child who spills milk at the table. Most of your anger is most likely aimed at yourselves, displaced and subsequently directed at the Jets, and sadly...at me. It's a big world full of real problems. Going 9-7 after 4-12 is not the end of the world nor is it the beginning of your problems.

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

that's just about everyone on this board.

9. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Nobody was angry with you...most of us just thought the idea was ludicrous. Not only do you have a first time HC, but a first time OC and DC. Now I'd be fine with that except for their track records. My first question is why would you rather have Brian instead of Marty as the HC. That makes no sense whatsoever to me. At least if you're going to combine those two, put them in the positions they know. Marty's the HC. Brian's the OC. Do I like that idea? No, not really, but I like it more than your role reversal. Then Herman Edwards has failed as a HC for two teams now. He has no real knowledge of the game and is nothing but a players coach. I can understand the concept of a players coach as a HC with less game time responsibility or as a position coach with just less overall responsibility. But he can't call plays. He has shown very poor clock management. And in general, has shown to be nothing more than a coach that players come to play for. As such, he makes the worst possible coordinator because your coordinators are your X's and O's guys.

10. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

so, again, what you're suggesting is:

we hire two high profile, former head coaches to take demotions from their previous status to both perform jobs that they both have zero experience with - with one of them taking over the aspect of the game that they have the least experience with. one of whom already has a history with the organization that ended somewhat negatively. and to oversee it all we install a fairly low-stature rookie head coach, who the fan base would have very little confidence in.

face it, no aspect of this idea makes sense. it can't be defended.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

which only exemplifies the fact that the length of board membership in no way correlates to any sort of football knowledge or reason. I'm not sure what else you were trying to mean with such a comment, but it in no way reflects a single positive about your ridiculous thread or idea. in fact, it further reflects the ridiculousness of your reason that bore this thread. so, if you were simply attempting to lower the expectations of any post you ever make, well, congrats, you accomplished it, with both the initial post and your defense of it. well done.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I forget which radio show I was listening too this weekend, the guy said everything you said verbatim, was that you, maybe Richard Neer's show Sat morning?

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Obama for President, Bush Sr. for CIA, Jimmy Carter for VP, Bill Clinton for Secretary of State, Nancy Regan for Homeland and "W" for Physical Fitness head.

14. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This post is full of win! Great off season boredom read!

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I was realllllly hoping someone made this like yesterday. That would have been some great fireworks.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I'm pleasantly surprised that you were able to read the dates well enough to know it wasn't written yesterday. Progress!

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, wtf is up with bumping old threads every day? Its getting old now.

18. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

I agree. Dude what the hell?

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I went cross-eyed for a few seconds before I realized that this thread is from 2 years ago.

20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's easier when you write it out on a piece of paper.