Favre to do an end around on Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CJLang, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

Agree 110 % uberchink,

Those of us who really followed the situation closely knew that Brett could have stood his ground and forced a release; where at which point he could have gone to a few contending teams that wanted him.

Brett didn't force the situation like he could have !!!

2. Killer

Killer New Member

The funniest part of all of this...

Is this idea of Brett Favre coming back to hurt your team if he plays for a division rival. Is anyone really scared of a 40 yr old Brett Favre?!? I think its hilarious that anyone would be really worried about Brett Favre at this point. As a Packers fan, I would love to see Brett Favre go to one of our division rivals to ensure that they collapse down the stretch run of the playoffs or he ensures they don't go to the Superbowl by throwing the NFC championship losing interception. Please Jets, trade Favre to Minnesota. Please.

3. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I love articles like this. No proof, just a bunch of guessing. Welcome back media.

4. Killer

Killer New Member

To clarify my last post, I mean do whatever you need to do with the Brett Favre situation to help your team, but for God's sake don't worry about him ending up playing for a division rival at this point. He's an ordinary NFL quarterback and has been for quite some time. Somebody explain to the world that Favre won the Superbowl and all those MVPs 10 years ago.

5. packerbacker1234

*sigh*, are you really a packer fan?

First off: His last season as a packer, you could hardly say he collapsed downt he stretch. He had bad games at chicago, and at dallas. Dallas has had his number his entire career, he just never plays well there. Ever. Chicago was just a blistering cold/windy game, one urlacher said might have been the coldest in his entire career. Favre doesn't play as well in incliment weather as he ages, and it showed. Still, you don't play like you did against Seattle int he playoffs if your fading.

Also, remember why we even got to OT int he NFC Championship game? Because the other teams kicker missed two field goals, and favre had a 90 yard strike in the 2nd quarter when we had nothing on offense going for us. Oh, how all is forgotten because he threw an OT int. Al Harris got worked, and the coordinator never gave him help. Ryan Grant was none existent. Hell, any and all offensive production we had (I think 20 points) was due to Favre. He carried that team for about 75% of that season. Yeah, no matter what age, that is hard to do.

Fading? Yeah, but even avid jets fans who don't like favre will admit he is far from the only issue with the collapse. Crappy play calling, no fire in the coaching staff, and a defense that at best was inconsistent, had a lot to do with it. Add in no big play WR's, and a line that while decent at run blocking, let #4 get hit more times then he ever has in his career really can open up some eyes.

I never understood the Favre hate, in terms of him as a person. He's honest to a fault about his feelings and thoughts. He gives everything he has, and yeah, sometimes that is a bad thing, and other times he just doesn't have IT.

But I tell you what: If the vikings have a 40 year old #4 on their roster: They'll become super bowl favorites. Don't think so? What is there to be afraid of? AP makes you stack 8 in the box. Bernard Berrian burns coreners all season long. Yeah, pretty sure favre hits on SEVERAL wide open long balls.

Sorry, last thing I want to see is a Favre lead vikings team dominating the league.

6. packerbacker1234

My biggest thing is how somehow the packers got all the blame placed on Favre.

First off, favre informed the packers well before training camp he wished to return from retirement. I mean, chemistry issues? Yeah right, not in GB after the season he just had. Same roster, etc. I think even AR could of respected that decision at that time.

It's the fact the entire packers organization spent that entire month before camp telling favre to "go away, here's some money, stay retired, leave us alone, blah blah" that ultimately made Favre and the packers get ugly. Favre mentioned briefly that he admittedly retired too soon due to TT forcing his hand when he had not gotten over the playoff game, suggesting TT wanted him to retire the entire time. Of course, accusations were denied by TT.

Still, it got ugly. After all he did, and the MVP like season he just had with the packers a OT away fromt he superbowl... they treat him like crap for an entire month and then when he doesn't get reinstated, hope he'll be happy and committed tot he organization. Like, what? You showed no commitment to him, why should he suddenly have it now?

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That could be so, but 9 INTs in the last 5 games was a killer. Take them out of the equation and the Jets may have won one or two more games.

8. Killer

Killer New Member

To packerbacker

I, like most reasonable sports fans, am tired of making a bigger deal about a player than there really is to be made. Favre created all this 'Favre hate' by being a complete diva...and people are really just tired of his act. Favre won't do anything more special with a team that a Chad Pennington can't do, or a new up and comer like that guy in Atlanta can't do. You don't understand the 'Favre hate'...I don't understand the uncompromising love for the guy and making some kind of big deal about ordinary things. I don't want to go through all the different plays and games of the past season, because instead of acknowledging how his team might have also lifted his play last season (receivers led the league in YAC last season), you're just going to say that its all because of Favre, as usual, instead of acknowledging that it takes teammates to succeed (if anyone wants to look back at the 1995-1998 Packers, you'll realize why he won 3 MVPs and a Superbowl). What I am going to say though, is that NFC Champ INT in that situation is one of the worst playoff mistakes in NFL history. That is not the definition of greatness. It doesn't matter how the team got to overtime...the 'Michael Jordan of football' is supposed to come through in those situations.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

uh, no chance. we would have to hand over 3 first-round picks to the packers if we did that. not even woody is that stupid!