Playmaker Calls for Jets to Draft Young over all other QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sean_in_titletown, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

LOL...I don't know what else to say to this...:rofl2:

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I have been in the military for 9 years. I can go on and tell you that Clinton absolutely killed our military. From huge military budget cuts to delaying the hell out of defense projects (ALCM, Opsprey, Globalhawk, Predator, Raptor, JSF, Commanche, Air Refueling). Not to mention we sat on or hands while 10's of thousands were being slaughtered waiting for our glorious UN for backing. Not to mention Somalia which in the SF community is very much a sore spot. We can go in the BS forum and I can go on for hours...
    So remarks are best made, on which side of the fence you are looking from..

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

We don't need one guy running for his life. We need to build from the Oline up.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah it is no secret that Irvin has love for his brothas, and always defends them even when they are idiots, ie. Owens, but was all over Peyton when they lost and Manning barely hinted at the O-line being a problem in the first half....

I honestly do not take his opinion for much. he is a former player and he has a type of player he likes to watch but I do not think that he does a good job of analyzing a team and saying who fits in well there, not nearly as good as many other analysts.

5. JetGuru

JetGuru New Member

Vince Young is an amazing prospect - if he's sitting there are #4 we would be crazy to pass on him!

Right now, my wish list for the Jets in order would be:

1) Bush
    2) Leinart
    3) Young
    4) Trade down :sad:

We MUST come out of this draft with one of the top 3 !!!

6. lightning

lightning Active Member

no he's not, no we wouldn't

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

i've given up too :lol:

8. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Young would make watching football exciting in New York, because he would be running around like a madman...running for his life.

How many Super Bowls have Vick, McNair, McNabb, Culpepper (mobile QB's) won?

The last to do so was Steve Young.

Last 10 Super Bowl winning QB's:
    Roethlisberger
    Brady
    Brady
    Brad Johnson
    Brady
    Trent Dilfer
    Kurt Warner
    Elway
    Elway
    Favre

Think any of those guys are going to win any footraces? Smarts, leadership and good decision making are the trademark signs of a winning QB, not 40 times and vertical leaps.

If we want someone fun to watch, draft Young, if we want to win a Super Bowl in the next decade, take Leinart/D'Brick/Williams.

9. Mehl-56

Ok... this aint Fantasy... we have a ton of holes and we are not in the top 3, we are # 4. So in closing... GET THE THOUGHT OUT OF YOUR HEAD THAT WE CAN DEFINATELY GET ONE OF THEM. Vince Young is a PROJECT, and a big one 3 years easy from being a half way decent QB, and the only way we get Leinart is if lighting strikes twice, and that lightning would be NO taking Williams, and Tenn taking Young...

Ellis

10. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Before anyone says Ben Roethlisberger is a running Qb he is not he had like 64 yards rushing last year, Elway was when he lost the first 2 of his 4 superbowls but was not when he won the last two. Farve scrambles the other are more pocket passers good post.

#30 New York Mick, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  11. lightning

lightning Active Member

i'll do my best....ZING

12. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I absoulutely agree with you. The guy is a jackass, Man if i were steve young and had to deal with his loud obnoxious mouth on espn's football show . I would turn and crack him in his mouth and then slam his head into the desk over and over and tell fat f*ck berman to sit on his head with his pants around his ankles.

13. Mehl-56

Somolia whata pig fuck... had to ask permission to fire back... what BS kinda shit was that...

Ellis

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

both Irvin and Salisbury are asses, so I can't take sides in who I would like to look better in an argument. I'd rather beat them both to death with each other. that being said, this may be the first time Irvin has has a reasonable point.

15. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

The actual story was that his uncle forgot to pack it. The only negative this brings up is that VY might be trusting the wrong people sometimes. His uncle also reportedly made a negative impact in his interview with the Titans.

Vince was visually embarrassed in the White House meeting by not having a suit. He was trying his best not to step forward too far. We have all been there. I very much doubt he intended not to where a suit. Hell, he wore a damned snazzy one on Best Damned Sports, why wouldn't he wear one for the President?

One more thing on Young. Stop treating it as a *fact* that Young will be a project. That is some people's opinion, but it is not written in stone. There are some, me included, who think he could be a starter his first year. Just look how far he came the past year. He will only get better and better.

16. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

While we're on it, Schlereth and TJ can burn too.

Bronco man love everywhere.

On a side note, I also thinks TJ is as gay as the day is long.

17. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

As far as TV sports personalities ...

I like the insight of Ron Jawarski .. who does he like in the draft. I could watch him do those video assisted evaluations all day. He may just be reading from a tele-prompter but it sounds like he really knows his shit.

He should be on MNF.

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I meant...

I don't give a flying crap if his buddy didn't have a suit...you look your best when you are priviledged enough to meet the president...I don't even like Bush all that much, but I sure as hell would respect him enough to go with a nice set of clothing on....

Ridiculous.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

oh sure, blame the uncle...why the hell is he packing vince's clothes? and why is he blaming his uncle...and people say leinart is a primadonna :rolleyes:

20. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

What's the deal with you guys anyway, do you think if we draft a Qb they would play right away. C'mon, this is my reasoning, Start Ramsey or Penny for now as you all know Ramsey is just a rental. We can get rid of him before the start of 07. The same can be for Penny, if he cannot coninue then he will be cut. With that being said we could use this year work on Vince or Matt definately not Cutler so they can start in 07. If Penny is back to his old self then Ramsey is cut whilke we continue to develop our young QB. We have the opportunity to get a potential Franchise QB in Leinart or Young with Young has the potential to become a gamechanging Qb. Either way we should select a QB at the 4 spot.