2009 opponents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I did a search but didn't see a thread on this yet but here are the Jets 2009 opponents. It might not matter who the Jets coach turns out to because the schedule is going to be brutal. The easiest two opponents are Cin and Oak but Oak beat us this year.

New York Jets
    Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Carolina
    Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Houston, Indianapolis, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dc0ce0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

....Wow. Those are some pretty rough games. We better get somebody in here that knows how to manage a game.

Carolina, Tennessee, Indy, Tampa, and NO worry me the most.

3. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Way to early to start saying which games will be tough. Teams change from year to year.

4. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Hopeful we face the Colts in the beginning of the season, when they suck.

5. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

The difference between our schedule and our division opponents are: We play Oak & Cin, Buffalo gets KC & Clev, Miami gets Pitt & SD, and NE gets Den. & Balt. The other 14 games are all common opponents.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So you are saying Miami is already 0-2.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Okay, why do we play Oakland NEXT year?

We drew the AFC & NFC South. Oakland does not have the same record as us. What is the excuse THIS time?

EDIT: Even worse, were IN OAKLAND AGAIN?!? WTF?!?!

8. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I thought every AFC East team plays each other, the AFC South, and the NFC South next year. Plus the team in the AFC North and AFC West with the corresponding place in their division. As the Jets finished 3rd in their division, shouldn't they be playing the 3rd place AFC North team? I thought that was Cleveland, not Cincinatti.

9. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Good point...we shouldn't complain about our schedule when it's practically the same as everyone else in the division.

10. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Nope Cin was 4-11-1 and Clev was 4-12.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Oakland finished third in their division, we finished third in our division. It's about rankings, not records.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

That was my first question...Why The F#ck do we play Oakland every freakin yr IN Oakland? Why don't those bastards come to NY???

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

So then basically when people threw a tantrum when I didn't know how the last two opponents were chosen, they didn't actually know either?

Nice.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Raiders played at the Jets in 2006.

There is a formula in place and it just so worked out that the Raiders host the Jets again in 2009.

There is no conspiracy.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Colts struggled at the beginning of this season because Manning missed camp for surgery and recovery on a bursa sac in his knee and his timing and chemistry with his wideouts suffered. The last time they struggled early in the season was 2001.

16. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Wow that is a really tough schedule almost every team over .500. Kinda wish we had mangini still so that the team wont have to learn new plays. But I really hope we can get a defensive minded coach in here. Bring me Marty and Cam Cameron or Martz as the offensive coordinator.

17. peachfish

peachfish New Member

But you never know, for instance this year the schedule was supposed to be was because pushovers like Miami and Tn. Of course they were good teams this year. Then again we did better against them then the Seahawks, Raiders, etc.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Please not Martz. keep him as far as possible...I can see it now in December just like Mangerine, trick plays and 5 wide receiver sets in 10 degree weather in snow.....aahhggg even the lowly niners won't keep him.....bye the way Niners are making the playoffs next year.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

we finished 3rd in the div, that means we face the 3rd place teams of the AFC west and north

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow if I hadn't vowed not to give this franchise any of my money Nawlins would be a hell of a road trip. Just think if we hadn't choked away the division we'd be going back to San Diego again this year.... what a shame