next years sched very rough

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Dec 29, 2008.

1. section134

section134 Active Member

the jets play carolina atlanta tampa bay new orleans tenneessee indy jax houston as well as two games against afc east champion dolphins and two games against new england who also had same record as the dolphs

doesnt matter who the new coach is or even if we get matt castle at qb----next year lucky if we win 4 games

ive been season ticket holder since 1964 and this is about as awful as its been

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Every other year man.. If we stay on that schedule, we'll open the new ballpark with a contender!

3. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

NEXt years schedules are SO deceptive. I wouldn't worry about it. Every year teams you think are going to be great, suck... and vice versa. I wouldnt read too much into it. Everyone assumed the Dolphins were an easy W this year, and the Cowboys would be closer to 12-4.

4. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Also I believe Cleveland and Oakland - 2 fairly poor teams. Hope the Oakland game is at home so we don't have to do any more cross-country trips next year!!

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yes, a teams performance this year clearly dictates how they will perform next year. I mean, the Browns are gearing up for their Super Bowl run, the Pats were nearly perfect again, Dallas was unstoppable, the Ravens couldn't get out of their own way and the Dolphins are just a laughingstock.

6. HughC

HughC New Member

With the exception of two games, it's the same schedule for everybody in a division. This year the AFC East played the AFC West and NFC West. Those two divisions were pretty weak this year, but the Jets were the one team from the AFC East that couldn't beat anybody on the west coast. In other words, the schedule may not be as bad as it looks right now. The NFC South had a real good season this year, but who knows how Tampa Bay or New Orleans will be next year, for example.

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Works for me. The East will be a dog fight next year; I don't buy into the hard schedule thing. I could see it being one of those years where 9-7 could win the division or 10-6.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Looking past the grammatical errors of this post, this is the retarded "quote of the year."

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This year we beat the good teams and lost to the shitty ones on our schedule. I'll take it.

10. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

the nfc south tends to suck it up every other year....
    ...and actually we only played well and with toughness against good teams this year
    We have a very talented team...we just need a coach/qb...the two most important positions

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

we play the phins and pats twice next year?!? SHIT

in all seriousness though, i don't have high expectations because of the schedule, so i think we should go with clemens or ratliff next year

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

The Oakland game is on the road, but at least we won't have to go to the West Coast 4 times. You never know, Jacksonville can be a 11 game winner next year, and Carolina can be 6-10.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

it looks tough now. teams rise up and fall off every year. that schedule could very well look average at this time next year.

14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. We tend to play up or down to the level of the competition, so maybe playing alot of good teams will up the level of play. Who knows with this team...