Favre should stay

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Ideally, I'd like to see Ratliffe play well enough to become the starter, have Favre holding the clipboard, and get rid of Clemens if he doesnt show anything in mini-camp, or move him down to #3.

Earl Morrall was an aging vet who did a good job of being a backup ready to come in at a moment's notice. If favre isnt ready to hang 'em up, let him be the backup.

2. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I agree, Favre is a legend and his actual performance on the field isn't relevant. As long as he's Brett Favre he deserves a starting QB spot in the National Football League and I can't see a better fit than the Jets.

#42 JHTJ, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

as down as i am on him i would like to wait on the mri results....if its inflamation or something that can be healed i think you give him one more year...

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah and Favre "throws up" 15 passes a game and they actually get picked off. He sucks and he's the main reason why we are not playing next week. You have been on his jock all season long. Take off your Favre glasses and realize he's washed up and no team would even want him next year if he even wanted to play. i can't even think of 5 starting QBs this year that he is better than

5. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

We should all be so lucky to have Brett stay and continue to help this team win. Don't worry, I don't think we will be so lucky this time and some of you can start blaming the next QB for the Jets failures instead of looking at the reality of "Why QB's can't seem to perform here, no matter who they are" ?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL! dick.....

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

I think Favre is looking old and tired. I guess it depends on what the alternatives are. Really though, I can't see a 40 year old Favre taking the Jets beyond where they got with Chad in 2004.

8. TheFakeSpike

TheFakeSpike New Member

I can't believe some of you jets fans, you have the Legendary Gunslinger and you want to throw him out like you did with Chad. He's not the reason the jets missed the playoffs, he was the reason the jets were in contention in the first place!
    It was the playcalling that set up Favre for failure, it was obvious that the jets were going to run on first down and there were so many drops I lost count yesterday. Yeah, they weren't perfect throws, but he hit the hands of all the receivers. Even injured he still throws rockets! I really don't like the jets, but Favre is a warrior and he should keep the streak of consecutive starts going.

9. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Favre is old and needs to go away! He is getting what he deserves there is a reason people don't play when they are his age. Because you start to suck!You favre lovers can make all the bs excuses you want he is done. If he was injured then he should not have been on the field plain and simple his fucking ego is bigger than the team. You want to set this franchise back even further then you already have bring favre back. It is time to move on. Like favre is going to have a better season next year. Get off his freaking jock!

10. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Warrior? Favre is a joke. Literally.

What you are about to see is real. The content captured in the following photo may be unsuitable for Brett Favre lovers. Viewer discretion, is strongly advised:

[​IMG]

11. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

If favre is so fucking good how come you flipper motherfuckers didn't pick him up when he was available. BTW chad plays a full season once ever 5 years or so. Hope you enjoyed because you won't get another one. Ravens will kick your asses right out of the playoffs, parcels will leave and you will be right back where you belong last place. So you flipper fucks get in all you shots why you still can.

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

What the hell is wrong with you people? Firing the coaching staff is great but anyone that doesn't think the Jets collapse was due to Favre's pathetic performance over the last 5 weeks must not have been watching the games. Favre was the wost QB in the NFL. Just look at the INTs in the Miami game. Can anyone say those were the result of bad playcalling? All 3 of them were of the "what the fuck" variety, just another in a long line of awful decisions from a washed up redneck, pill popping, sack laying down piece of shit. I'm going to have a hard time caring about the Jets next year if they bring this drama queen faggot back for another season.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Don't want Favre back. Even if he's ok (which it appears he may not be) he's not a long term solution for this team. Already sick of the Favre media circus and I'm hoping the new HC makes his decision for him.

14. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Me Too, but they may just go out and get Favre's guy to coach the team.

WHICH WOULD BE A CRYING SHAME!!!

We get him back and his coach for 1 year and then what???

15. TheFakeSpike

TheFakeSpike New Member

I don't know about joke, remember what he did to us in the season opener? And he almost won the game yesterday with no running game and with predictable playcalling on the part of the jets. Favre doesn't play pretty football, he wins football games.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Can't the Jets trade Favre now that the season is over? If I remember correctly, the 3 1st round pick poison pill applied only to this season. Might be able to get a 5th-6th from Minnesotta, not much but better than nothing. Of course Favre would have to agree to it, but I don't see why he would say no to playing for the Vikes with that Defense and Adrian Peterson.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Heh. You have an amazing way of always getting right to the kernel of the thing in just the right way. :up:

18. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

No the draft pick penalty applies throughout the duration of his contract. It's my understanding that he cannot be traded to the Vikes via trade directly or indirectly or the Jets pay. He can, however, be released and sign with Minnesota if he so chooses. The Jets recieve a golden 7th round pick if Favre decides to retire.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

So his three INT's had nothing to do with the Jets losing yesterday? You're right Jones didn't run well. However, Washington did do well so overall the running game was decent. You're right yesterday's game by Favre wasn't pretty.

20. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Please tell the rest of the board how his ass smells while you're down there licking his balls.