Woody Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bosko, Dec 28, 2008.

1. JetsFaninCA

JetsFaninCA New Member

You are dead on. The few years that Parcells were here were the only time this team was truly respected. In my lifetime anyway...

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

You must be crazy. Parcells single handedly reversed the course of this lame duck franchise. Not only that, he groomed and handed us the best coach in the league Belicheck, on a silver platter. The Jets FO screwed that up. Not to mention our current GM is due to Parcells. The guys fingerprints are all over this franchise and will be for years to come.

3. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

And speaking of Coles, why isn't HE getting more heat? This clown gets paid like a #1 WR, yet does not play like one, and his constant complaining is just too much. IMO, he is a glorified possession receiver.

One thing the Jets have lacked for a very long time now is a WR who can actually create separation from a CB.

4. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

I also agree. Woody Johnson's look on his face, and his body language does not bode well for Mangini. I think he is a goner. The Jets will take a shot a Cowher, and if he passes, then at a list of the hot shot assistants flavor of the month.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Time to see if Woody has the balls to do what is right for this franchise.

He better be on the phone with Bill Cowher tomorrow making something happen.

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

IMO, this is good news;

Jets owner Woody Johnson said after Sunday's season-ending loss that he will "evaluate" Eric Mangini's coaching status in the coming week.

Johnson says he's "extremely disappointed" and "frustrated" with how the Jets' season ended. New York dropped four of its last five games and it was reported prior to Sunday's defeat that Mangini had only a "50-50" chance to stay on as coach in 2009. Expect him to get the axe on Black Monday.
    Source: Newark Star-Ledger

7. jetsfan007

jetsfan007 New Member

Trade all our receivers for Ocho Cinco now!

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Do you want us to suck?

9. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

He could have coached us when Belichek quit. His replacement was Al Groh! He also gave us Bradway.I didn't say he was bad, but he did leave us hanging and also said he wouldn't coach again. Don't remember the book "Parcells, The Final Season"? He is a HOF coach and talent evaluator, but he stabbed this franchise in the back and he knows it.

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Um..Negative.

11. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I like Johnson. The guy really tries to put quality out on the field and one of these days he will get it right and look out. I wish him the best. Even if Favre retires or gets a release the Jets will always be my AFC team.