Final Pennington vs Favre Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

The obligatory thread. Unfortunately for Jets fans the Favre crowd has no argument about who's been the better QB.

Pennington is most likely the #2 rated QB in the NFL with 17 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Favre is somewhere towards the middle, but in the bottom half, and has 21 TDs and 19 interceptions. Take away his one six TD game and Favre numbers are 15 TDs and 18 interceptions. Today, when both teams needed wins Pennington, down by seven, led his team to two touchdowns (including a TD pass) and a win. Favre, could manage only three points the entire game against the worst defense in the league (and gets picked off on the last series) and the Jets lose.

There is no argument. Pennington has been the vastly superior QB this year.

#1 Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Should anybody be surprised? I'm sure Chad is giving every Jet fan the finger now and those whho screamed for him to go deserve just that.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree with you BUT Coles drop the that pass that was a great pass can't blame Favre for that.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

it's wat happens when ppl cheered when he went down with an ankle injury...i knew that would come back to bite us one way or the other

5. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I agree, Pennington rules!! Thank you....

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I doubt he is, at least I hope he isn't. Hell , half the Dolphin fanbase wasn't behind the signing now of course, everyone is on board :rofl: I got slammed on here and on Phin forums after his signing when I said we were a 10-6 team with Chad, looks like I underestimated him as well. He can't go into next week with an agenda, that's what loses you games.

7. CYensePHIction

i think no matter what, Chad was not a good fit for our team, although he might be statistically better, he wouldnt have made the Jets better.... I dont think Favre did it good either but I think better than Chad could have

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Agreed, Chad would not have had the success with us that he had with Miami this year and that's why it doesn't really bother me. That said, this will most likely not be the final Chad vs Favre thread. Not on this board.

9. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Poetic Justice

And Chad would have made our team better !!

We will lose next week

10. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

You had to know. You had to know. You had to know.

You dont totally screw over and embarass the classiest, hardest working player this organization has ever seen and not expect Karma to rain a shit storm of hellfire on your ass.

This organization is the Super Bowl Champ of Selling it Soul.

Nice knowing ya Brett. See ya in the Playoffs Chad. See you in hell Woody.

11. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

this up there with one of the dumbest quotes ever

“If we could play like we did against New England and Tennessee every week, we’d be hard to beat,” Favre said.

what a tool

12. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

even if chad had stayed, he wouldn't have been successful. it's obvious it's the offensive gameplanning that's the problem. yeah, we scored a lotta points.

still, i was tired of seeing us fail so often on 3rd down.

i was tired of seeing either 5 yard dumpoffs or long brett bombs that landed either no where or into the hands of an opposing player. and it could just be those 2 options. nothing else intermediate or in between.

i'm tired of us neglecting the run when we should have been pounding the ball.

im tired of all those predictable ass plays we've called on offense this year.

penny leaves New York. To a new environment with a different offensive gameplanning/strategies/tendencies. it's not so surprising to think about how he's been so successful now. it's obvious we have problems at the OC and DC spots. maybe even the HC.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I choose Favre.

Just kidding.

14. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

really? I know favre at spurts of a game may look better than Pennington, but i think the Jets would have been allot better with chad. I Dont think we would have won in tenn, or in ne... But on the flip i also feel,we would have beat NE the first timer, and certainly not lost to oak, or san fran... i would rather have 11 wins right now and going to the playoffs than 2 fluke victories in the middle of the season and going no where...

15. rbreitkopf

rbreitkopf New Member

I don't yet have enough posts to start a new thread, but wouldn't it make sense to start Ratliff next week to find out what we have in him? It's obvious Favre isn't the long term answer, we know what we have in Clemens-If we started #5, wouldn't it tell us: 1) if we need to draft/FA sign a QB 2) give the fans some hope for next year 3) Give us a better chance of beating Miami?

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Chad is too classy to sink to that level!!! Although, I'm sure he's itching to beat the Jets next weekend.

17. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

so the 90% of fans that wanted chad gone before the season were wrong??????

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's true. Current day, Chad is the better QB.

I always did question the move for brett (if it meant getting rid of chad)

19. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Brett and Woody both used Jets Fans like $2.00 whores this year. Merry F-ing Christmas.

I hope you lose millions on that new stadium you arrogant prick.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yes. And after having attended Jet games for 28 years, I can say that I'm not surprised. Anyone with eyes and a brain could see that the Jets' problems the past few years had to do with a horrible OL and a defense that couldn't stop anything. And with that bad supporting cast, Pennington took the team to the playoffs in 06. With a team stocked with Pro Bowl talent, Favre has taken us to another collapse for the ages. So - yes 90% of fans were wrong. Isn't is obvious??? I don't see how you can argue. As Bum Phillips said once - "He can take his'n and beat your'n and then take your'n and beat his'n." That is what Pennington has done. He won with the Jets and now he has taken a 1-15 to the verge of a division title over a better Jet team than the one that cut him.