Fire Mangini!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 19, 2008.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have long thought that many people here overestimate the Jets' talent, and thus blame the coaching staff for too much. Having said that, at this point it doesn't matter - the coaching staff has to go, just to purge the stench of this wasted season. Tannenbaum stays, Westhoff stays (if he even wants to), Mangini, Schottenheimer, and Sutton go. And, of course, Favre goes.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I wonder. I wonder if Tannenbaum has the stones to fire his fat friend.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tannenbaum is the guy who brought in Mangini and made the move for Favre. He should be canned, too.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've been thinking the same thing Jack. I would imagine if it were left up to Tanny, Mangini would either get an extension or at least 2 more years to turn things around here.

Just get ready for the rosy picture being painted of a team on the cusp of a real good championship run. :rofl:

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

And Drafted Vernon Gholston with the 6th pick.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, he played a role in that, too. Mangini had a lot of pull on that selection as well.
    I was more disgusted with the Gholston pick than any pick the team has made since 1992 (the year I started watching the draft).

Then they go and acquire Brett Favre and dump Pennington. Now Pennington has made fools out of Tannenbaum and Mangini.

7. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I give them a 1 year extension, unless we think we can get Cowher. I want a first class organization and don't want to turn over the entire team. Please don't hire a 4-3 Defensive coach so we spend 3 years restocking the D again.

8. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I honesty defended mangini earlier and now I will simply say that if Mangini leaves it will be beneficial for the team. The bad play calling ok I can deal with it, but the team has acquired this emotionless machine attitude. if it were a terminator machine I would not mind, but it is more like a Wall-e machine. We need a coach who has something legit and who will bring accountability to the players

that being said I would also vouch for Tannenbaum staying as GM this was clearly an issue of execution not talent and he still has brought in some very productive draft picks in recent years so he needs to stay

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

This team aint doing shit and you can bet your sweet ass the Pats will be prepared to crush the Bills next week. Pennington is gonna make swiss cheese out of our sorry asses.

10. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

You speak the TRUTH!

11. CYensePHIction

i wish he would get fired, but they will toss him another year... but we need a Proven coah... Cower?

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've supported this POS for long enough. Fire Mangini now. Pussy bitch.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

TO quote the immortal Joe Beningo...

Oh, the pain.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was way premature at the time, it is unfortunately completely valid now.

15. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

He needs to be fired as soon as possible. I have never seen a team with so lack of heart or soul take the field. They never come out charged up, they never looked like a playoff team..they never had that attitude...the coaching is awful these teams should have been push overs.. we need to change this teams attitude in general.

16. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

We'll waste another year with this idiot, and Cowher will be coaching another team by then. And then we'll get stuck with another loser. And the cycle will continue. With Mangini we go 4-12 next year, the schedule will be tough. We draw the South.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I'm praying that when I wake up in the morning, there will be a report about Mangini leaving at the end of the season, and that the Jets will stop trying to be a poor mans Patriots.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

No coach worth his salt would come to a franchise that fires a coach days before a game that could put his team in the playoffs.

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

So glad to see you came to your senses! Welcome aboard!

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

How do you figure. That's your idea, that doesn't mean thats how others feel. NFL is a business, and these coaches know that.