Was at the game today....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Dec 14, 2008.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

And the place was rockin....I was proud of jets faithful...

ps...free gifts sucked lol

anyway...huge win obviously...but i'm not sold until the result of next weeks game...if they can win next week it will show theyve grown as a team and will restore my total confidence in them...

sutton 3 man rushes are bullshit...how can a man whose job is to design an NFL defense consistently rush 3 men and encounter the same result with no change...

the blitzing picked up a little bit in the 4th quarter...but overall the 3 man rush was prevelant and really kills our defense...if you give me 10 seconds to throw the ball i will complete passes...its not that our secondary sucks or or pass defense sucks....its that we have no pass rush due to plays called which means eventually someone will be open no matter how good the coverage is...

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Sutton is obviously insane.

3. TurkJetFan

i stated in the start of the year when the defense was getting pressure consistently and getting the QB that people who wanted sutton fired were overreacting...

but he really is a terrible defensive play caller... he must be fired after this season is over... mangini's style is quiet but collected...

well i think that if thats the case he should execute that style by stripping suttons play calling duties..in fact that should have been done after last week

4. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I understand the frustration with the three man pressure, but I also attended the game today, and I didn't really see larger blitzes work any better, except for Abram Elam. Perhaps it was due to Gholston not being there!

5. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

what where the free gifts? lol

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I was also proud of the way the jets fans went nuts today. In the 4th definitely a good atmosphere. And I agree, Sutton needs to go, these three man rushes make me want to puke to the point where a nice aussie man heard me flipping out about it and told me to relax before i waste a heart attack on shitty playcalling. But fuck that. Sutton sucks

7. TurkJetFan

the best one was an entire row got free jerseys....

but then it went down hill

free hot chocolate
    free t shirts of a sponsor i think some credit card company
    then mini gift cards from dunkin donuts

lol i was like...yeah i feel really fuckin appreciated right now....

8. TurkJetFan

did you miss that play late in the 4th quarter? i think it was kind of important lol

9. Elvis

Elvis Member

I do not agree with every defensive call by Sutton but the players are paid to execute. The names you hear on defense are Jenkins, Revis, and occasionally Barton. What are the the others doing to execute the the defensive schemes? We are being abused on the run, third string Qbs are throwing for 300+ yards and our defensive players can't tackle...Is that really all on Sutton??? Elam and Devito in my estimation should get more playing time. Rhodes, Ellis, Pace, Bowens,etc, are not executing which is causing instability in our defense which leads to these mediocre offenses having big days...We have the talent, its all comes down execution.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

when you rush 3 so often, and it becomes boringly predictable, the OL picks up on it and no one can execute.

If you throw the kitchen sink at an offense and your sucking, then two things are happening: either that offense is amazing, or the players are not executing.......

but the Jets don't even throw a faucet at a defense.

11. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

wow that is shit. I was at the fan appreciation game, a few year back and it was pretty good. I think free tv's and shit, or dvd players.

12. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

IDK, at the end it was rockin. But I'm pretty sure we have the most fickle fan base in the NFL. Any time we didnt make a play we would boo. EVERY TIME! And half the stadium took a half time break through the entire 3rd quarter. Today was okay, an improvement from the Broncos game, but two weeks from now when the division is put on the line in the meadowlands and we're facing Chad...that's when the stadium will be rocking.

13. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I agree on this one. Too many empty seats for the start of the first and 3rd quarters. Crowd was basically non existant from the coles fumble until sometime in the third quarter. It was better but I couldn't help thinking while they had the players thanking us on the video board that anyone who played anywhere else probably thinks we suck. I mean can Brett honestly say we are good fans compared to the packers fans, or thomas jones say we are better than the bear fans? I know that we have a very passionate fan base but we don't come out to support our team and stand behind them like many other fan bases do for their teams.

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member