jets close to signing Pearson!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreen80, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I hope we get him. We need the depth and clears up the immediate need to address Tackle early in the draft....not saying that we won't draft a Tackle early, just we wouldn't have to force anything, like last year when we reached for pouha in the 3rd....

2. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

not sure about this, for depth at both tackle spots I am cool with it. If they have any visions of him starting next year coming off a knee injury like he had, I am scared. Jones is a much better option, hopefully the offer will be cheap and he will accept it.

3. J-E-T-S Fan 2006

J-E-T-S Fan 2006 New Member

He tore the ligaments in his knee in October 2004. So he's not really "coming off a knee injury," as it will have been close to 2 years once the season starts this year. Not saying he can be as good as he was before ever hurting the knee, but as someone who has blown his ACL, I know that the 1st year back it is sore and you are tentative. Your 2nd year it strengthens up and you gain confidence. So, I would bet that he would be close to full strength at this time. Again, that doesn't mean he is good enough to be a starter in the NFL any more, but he should be close to full strength.

4. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I really, really loathe, unsubstantiated rumors. The Jets brought Pearson in for a visit.

What is sports talk radio like in Florida? In New York, there is some journalistic integrity, as opposed to bizarre speculation. Why does it seem that every rumor without a link comes from "Florida sports radio?"

Can we shy away from posting rumors and crap until an actual link arises?

-X-

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Ok guys, hear me out...

If we get out O-line fixed in FA...then we wouldn't need D-Brick.

Lets say the Saints take Williams.....

How do you like Vernon Davis at 4 in this case?

I'd be excited personally...

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

About as much as I like bathing in boiling hot peanut oil.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well....we could take D'Brick where as he wouldn't be a need anymore...

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

:lol: ...............:up:

9. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Yea, like there are never, ever any threads on possible transaction heard on the WFAN.....:breakdance:

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

1 step further if I may.

Some Rumors have no value whatsoever. They are just Vapors.
    But when they bring a guy in it goes beyond rumors because there is actually an action being taken.

11. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of what you say here. Teague/Pearson are nothing more than hold the fort guys and I don't think they eliminate the possibility of a D'Brick, Marcus McNeil, Nick Mangold, etc. They are good enough though that the Jets don't have to be in a position at #29/35 where they have to reach for an o-lineman because they have no one else to play the position. A week ago they might have been left with no choice, but to "reach" for say an Eric Winston or Andrew Whitworth at #29/35, now they won't have to.

Despite the signings of Teague and Pearson I would have absolutely no problems at all with 2 of the first 3 picks on the O-Line.

12. phatnols

phatnols Member

I definitelty agree with this post. Like Mangold, who knows our front office could have him rated 40 in our player rankings. So at 29 the FO might be forced to take him, when lets say our 20th ranked player is still on the board(insert any name you want). Now the FO can draft whatever player they have ranked the highest.

13. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

You can't unless you go to a school that's adopted the 16 GPA scale of harvard [I think all ivy league schools may now use that..not sure though, im fairly certain though that's the only school(s) that don't use the standard 4.0 scale].