David Harris and Clowney

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 24, 2008.

1. 624

624 Banned

Anyone know when they're returning? Is Clowney healthy just not being activated? I know there is a thread like this every week but I'm just curious and can't find any updated info.

2. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Im pretty sure clowney is healthy and just has not been activated I think Harris is a week or 2 away still.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

harris will be back when he is 100% the defense is getting the job done without him right now so no reason to rush it. i was thinking the other day that they ae saving clowney. we might not see him until the playoffs. then we can have another dimension to the passing game that no one has tape on.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If David Harris was healthy to play yesterday, how many less pts do the Titans score??

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

6...2 fgs less

6. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Harris will be huge when he comes back. It's amazing that we have played so well defensively, even though we are missing arguably are best defensive player.

Clowney can't get on the field. He's competing with Stuckey, Wallace Wright and Brad Smith. Stuckey has been a good receiver, Wright has been a spectacular special teams player and Brad Smith adds new dimensions to the offense.

If Clowney can't get on the field now, he definitely will not be when Harris comes back and gets his roster spot back.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Clowney would be competing with Smith and Stucky for their one pass a game.

8. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

You don't save players. He can't get on the field because he is not as good of a special teams player as Wright and not as good of a receiver as Stuckey.

What a disaster would it be if its 3rd and 10 in the playoffs and we rely on a receiver who hasn't played a single down the whole season? No matter how many practices you are in, nothing substitutes for actual minutes in a game.

9. 624

624 Banned

damn keller! :smile:

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i wasn't really talking about having him as primary reciever on a big third down. (even though the name david tyree comes to mind) i was more thinking getting him on the field on a 2nd down in say the 2nd quarter of the first playoff game for a series and seeing if he can beat someone deep for an easy td.

11. franchisedotcom

franchisedotcom New Member

With Kris Jenkins on D, do you need more players on the defense?

12. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

^Yeah. I think we are still allowed to play 11 at once. Actually, I prefer it!!!!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i think only him, revis and rhodes could be on the field and they would still stop an offense

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

^^^ except for ours, of course!

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Our offense and defense playing against each other at full speed is the solution to dividing by zero.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Correct.

The only way Clowney would play is if a WR gets hurt. I doubt he gets a spot otherwise. And if he does, he's still our last receiver, he won't get much time. I don't think you'll ever have to worry about that. And if you did, how about Steve Smith on the Giants, 8 catches last year all season, then he gets 14 catches in the playoffs.