Are You Rooting Chad On?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Apr 11, 2006.

?

Do you support Chad?

1. I'm a huge fan of him.

73.8%
  2. I don't really care anymore.

16.3%
  3. I'm undecided...

9.9%
  1. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

In your heart how can you not be a Chad fan if you are a Jets fan. I love the way he plays, I love his style and his leadership. His work ethic is second to none and the guy just gets so many bad breaks, no pun inteded. I understand the chances are slim he will be back to his old form but I hope he does, realistically I know chances are his time is done but atleast root for the guy to do well, he has always put the team first.

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Release due to his ridiculously high contract, 2 shoulder injuries, pathetic performances surroudned by insane mediocrity, and choking in the playoffs. Money problems? Yes. Only problem? No. Pennington is nothing because of his injures, and he won't ever be anything again. Good riddance; take your money and leave, please.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

always been a fan of his and hopefully he'll be able to finally bounce back and lead this team!

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:lol:

Enjoying VB posts has always been one of my guilty pleasures. Kind of like a third shake at the urinal. :)

5. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

obviously i hope he does well, if he doesnt he doesnt deserve to be on the field but hes a good guy and i support him

6. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

obviously i hope he does well, if he doesnt he doesnt deserve to be on the field but hes a good guy and i support him

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

he was and still is my favorite player, if you like the jets you have no excuse not to root for him....even if you don't like the guy for some reason, it would still be in your favorite team's best interest that chad lights it up

8. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

He has one of the best PA moves in the game. Improve the running game and Penny will be fine.

9. Allentown Ernie

I gotta root for him to make a great comeback, he is a class act and fine person. The NFL needs more like him and less of guys like Owens. But I sure wish there were more updates on his rehab from the Jets. I live in Eagle land and very little is written about him or the Jets in our local papers. Allentown Ernie.

10. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

Honestly, I'd still love to see him perform... I mean he's a good smart kid... but I also honestly think his shoulder injury will affect his arm strength too much to allow a good comeback.. i still pull for him though

(oh and I'm new, HI ALL)

11. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

Choking in the playoffs, yeah he really choked in the 41-0 drubbing and in in effect beating SD twice in one game after the boneheaded penalty by Barton. I understand he played badly against Oakland but hye isnt a playoff choker

12. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I support Chad 100% but in reality it'll be hard after 2 rotator cuff injuries to come back like in 2002. ML is our future!

13. jjw321

jjw321 New Member

I think his attitude alone makes him someone to root for. The guy obviously loves football, and enjoys being a Jet. I'm so sick of T.O./Barry Bonds types who don't recognize what an amazing job they have. Pennington comes out on the field (when he's actually playing) looking like he thinks he's the luckiest guy on the planet. I love that about the guy.

14. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

I went to a MAC school and have always been a fan... I just want to see him pull through for someone, and not get paid so much, if that's at all possible

15. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

What a great performance against Pittsburgh, though, right?

16. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

ya, be hard on him all you want... most QB are just lighting up Pittsburgh though right? mein, I hate Pitt

17. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

How strong is your faith?

I am a Penny fan. I hope with the extra time to rest and get his shoulder up to par will lead to him being our starter and playing a healthy season.

Saying he will be our franchise qb for the next few years requires me have to have faith in that he can fully recuperate. It's difficult, b/c I don't put him ahead of the team and it would hurt to have us pass on a top tier qb this year just to give him one more chance to shine and have it blow up it our collective faces....

....so it pretty much comes down to whether I want the guy or not, which I do. Nothing would make me happier the chad leading us to a superbowl in a few years, but I can't help but feel that the likelihood of that happening is slim at best.

I usually don't say this...but I hope I'm wrong. I hope him (or rather that shoulder) proves me wrong.

#57 Duk Dodgers, Apr 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  18. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

It would be great to see 02 chad again, but he's do mangled with injuries. Time to start ramsey and start a new future at QB.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Agreed, personally I would like to see this Jet team with a 68 Joe Namath but it's about as likely to happen as an 02 Chad.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

yea with a torn rotator cuff it was amazing he was on the field