To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Same for the Raiders game...1:20 and on our 5 or so...once the ball hit Stuckey's hands I was like "oh yea, Favre."

I'm too much of a perfectionist to like the picks, but what annoys me more is the obvious lack of communication on offense at times.

Still...even the friggin fake on the Leon draw was perfect...not bad to have. He just needs to click, which is why I have so much faith they'll be fine.

2. GreenbayJet

GreenbayJet New Member

I feel sorry for anyone that has to try to get used to interceptions.
    But if Brett is your QB then you WILL get used to it!...unless you
    have a coach that will get in his face and hold him accountable.

Hey I love Brett,but interceptions suck and they always will!!!!!!!!!

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You are going to compare TC practices to regular season games? How have those INts in TC translated to the reg season for Chad?

Chad had TWO last year and it was the first season he ever had a problem w/ them and of course we had a terrible OL unlike this year. Favre already has 2 and 3 TD returns ioncluding his fumble, I don't think Chad ever had 3 TOs for TDs in a season.

and AGAIN, last year cannot compare to this year./ We stunk last year, Chad was playing w/ 2 torn ligaments in his ankle, the OL stunk, we had no running game, the D stunk. We are much more talented this year, we don't need great play out of our QB to win just good play and we aren't getting it.

I have seen this myth all over the place as the excuse why Chad is playing so much better than Favre yet our running game has been BETTER while their passing game has been better and Chad doesn't have half the talent Brett has to throw the ball to.

That is very deceiving. That # is pretty much a product of the ARi game and garbage time against SD and in the ARi game we had 9 mil TOs to set up scores.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The more i read your drivel...the more i think you're a Dolphins fan that made a wrong turn and ended up on the TGG.com.....someone should probably provide you with a "map".

5. nyjunc

My "drivel"? You man the facts that I post? Show me where I'm wrong? I am sorry if I speak the truth and you cannot handle it and please don't show up here in 2008 and question my allegiance to the Jets. You couldn't look more foolish doing so.

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

Any time anyone tries to justify his point by saying, "Well, throw out this game & the second half of that game, and I'm right!..............that usually means that guy is wrong. Just saying....

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

You "man" the facts?...maybe you should work on your grammar first.

I could've shown up here yesterday...and based on your infatuation with Pennington...make the same assumption about your so-called allegiance to the Jets.

Show you where you're wrong....hmm...how about assuming that we'd have a better record with Pennington.....anybody that can spell their own name would know that we'd be in the toilet with Pennington this year...unless of course, we had RW and RB in the backfield as well...then maybe,we'd be 1 game below .500 like YOUR Phins.

8. nyjunc

He's had ONE good game and he had a good 4th qtr in garbage time against SD. Our O has been bad all year outside of those games. Any intelligent football fan can see that.

9. nyjunc

Grammer? It's a typo, don't start nitpicking there.

You embarrass yourself w/ each post. We'd be in the toilet w/ Chad then how come w/ a MUCH less talented team Chad * Miami have only 1 less win than we do? Oh and they BEAT 2 of the teams we lost to and if we lose Sunday it will be 3.

You do know that we have a better running game than Miami this year, right? of course you do, you aren't the type to just listen to hype and not actually look at facts:rofl:

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

IT's been good even in games where it's been bad. In between the picks last Sunday he led us down the field for two TDs in the second half. That's 14 points for the offense in a half, which was a windfall in the Pennington years.

You're really a horrible guy to post with and a horrible person in general. We're both Jets fans. I make a point, you make a point, I make a point, you question my intelligence. That was out of line.

11. nyjunc

I wasn't specifically talking to you, it was in general but maybe you have a guilt conscience?

Alot of good btw the bad? The game should never have come down to needing a TD in the final minute, we never should have gone to OT w/ Oak and we shouldn't ahve allowed Cincy to have a chance in the 4th qtr. We SHOULD be 5-1, intead we are 4-3 stuck in the middle of the pack.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

KC never had a shot? What would have happened if the Jets defense didn't stiffen and the Chiefs could have run out the clock (thank you Herm) after the Jets failed in the first post-INT possession failed?

For all of the people that say they KNEW Favre could lead them back they fail to point out that the Jets were not successful on their next drive after the INT. If the Chiefs had managed to get a first down or two the game would have been over and Favre wouldn't have had the opportunity to come back (with the help of Washington's great punt return).

While Stuckey might deserve some of the blame it was still the case that the defender had coverage on the play (whether or not Stuckey continued running). Better to throw it away or go somewhere else with the ball in that situation. Also better to use a formation that at least allowed the possibility of a run.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

take his B.S. with a grain of salt, Gator....you're trying to reason with a closet Phins fan.

He 'thinks' Penny is the reason why Miami beat teams like the Pats/Chargers/Bills..what he doesn't understand is that there's more players on a team than just the QB..

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah, probably his guilty conscience regarding his intelligence made him think that. I would say repressed anger over something that happened with his mother when he was young probably contributed to his post.

Good talking football with you, Junc. Tomorrow when we discuss the Offensive line, I'll get more into your family situation and maybe we can get to the root of your anxiety in social situations.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Careful Gator....if you start talking O-line with him...you might begin talking about how Faneca has been a great addition...and then wind up talking about how Jake Long is awesome and then finish up the conversation by speaking on how Miami transformed Pennington into a football Demi-god.

16. nyjunc

Nah, Chad has nothing to do w/ Miami winning. it's all that great running game that averages less than 4 yards per carry. :rofl:

17. nyjunc

I just might do that!:rolleyes: How old are you?

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Or Parcells junc, don't forget about the great Parcells.

19. k0kes

k0kes New Member

junc,

I think its equally as silly to say that with Pennington the Jets would be in the toilet as it is to say they'd be 6-1. You post numbers that support your claim as if they are the end all be all and then tell everyone else that their "numbers" are deceiving. How is that logical? My earlier post shows that looking at Chad's whole career, and this argument is pretty much a wash. There's no hard a fast evidence to prove 6-1 as there is to prove 2-5. And please, don't tell me my numbers are "deceiving", you can't get less deceiving than someones ENTIRE career. The other fact that you can't just wave a magic wand at have it disappear is that the Jets BEAT the dolphins @ Miami! Is that deceitful? Did we cheat them? Or in the end did Penny just come up short? Much like Favre did in Oakland...

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know about this one, guys; junc's arguments do hold some water here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more I look at how the offense is run, the more I am inclined to think that it was actually the offense that Pennington was in, that limited his performance overall. I do not think, in any way, Thomas Jones is inferior running back to Ronnie Brown is; Leon is not an inferior option to Ricky Williams either. Why am I bringing this up? That's because, with basically similar talent set around (I don't consider Dolfags' current OL that much superior to that of Jets last year - ah, Jets had Adrian "Human Turnstile" Clarke, so that makes a difference... but then he's got a rookie LT this year, so...) Pennington is doing far better than he did last year. Is he the sole reason of Dolphins' resurgence? Probably not - their defense is actually pressuring the opposing QBs, unlike the star-studded D led by you-know-who. But you cannot ignore the fact that he has transformed into a mid-range threat that he just wasn't last year. Sure, he still cannot throw 15-yard deep out pattern these days either. Does that matter? It's not even like 15-yard deep out route is the only passing route of current NFL either.

Of course it's a hindsight, these days I feel more like... maybe Jets didn't need Favre. Sure, he's a luxury to count on, come 4th quarter while behind. My point is, Pennington wasn't the bigger problem on the offense - Schottenheimer was.