Jets, Favre Make History Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 28, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/773-mistakes-persist-but-put-a-w-in-the-bank

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Makes me feel just peachy keen.

3. Bergen Jet

Bergen Jet New Member

Atleast we were on the right side of the scoreboard at the end of the game. I will gladly go -3 on turnovers if we win a game.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yay.

5. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I liked it best the way ESPN reporters were saying it when going through the jets game.

"well, there is Favre being favre. Couple deep ball ints. One looked like a confusion in the route. Third, I don't care if the WR stopped, Favre was throwing it there no matter what."

"and yet, here is Favre, game winning TD pass with a minute to go. Beatuiful throw to the outside shoulder just down the sidelines, away from the defender, and an even better grab. This is why the Jets got the guy. Even on his ugly days, he just knows how to win football games."

That's about it folks. You won. be happy.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, I'm all warm inside thinking about it. Last minute desperation pass that, if you did that same thing 100 times, it could have been caught in one-handed fashion about 8 times.

We lucked out of that game, period. That's not solid football. That's screwing up royally and pulling it out on luck at the last minute. That ain't gonna happen against better teams than the Chiefs, and that's who we're facing now.

Unless something changes dramatically in the next several weeks, we're truly screwed. This team needs all the help it can get right now, and Brett Favre is not helping with all these cockamamie turnovers.

7. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

Wow!!! What an awesome celebration of mediocrity. If we don't win this week where we stand this season will be evident. This is our chance to make a move! Now is the damn time!!! Stop throwing pics Favre!!!

8. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

well i guess thats Farve for ya. Not a great thing to have to do but its nice that we can finally do it.

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Woody better get his head on straight. That's a bullshit response.

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

This reminds me of one of the worst stats I've ever seen to support a QB. And John Elway (just using his name as an example) led 220 (just a number) fourth quarter comebacks! My question is, if the QB was so fucking good, why was his team behind so often!? :wink:

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Holy shit I just got dumber from reading that.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I didn't post it to support Fahvra - I thought it was funny and interesting.

13. Count8 Cotchula9

Count8 Cotchula9 New Member

Instead of getting into those bad situations, use that "Green and white" money line literally and pound the rock. Use TJ with Richardson to create holes and spell TJ with Neon Leon. Once they bring the safeties in then let Brett air it out.

Sometimes I feel this CS outsmart themselves.

It's like when your playing a game of rock, paper, scissors (RPS) and you think "I just won with a scissor over his paper, so he is going to now throw rock to beat my previous scissor; therefore I will throw a paper to beat his rock".

If you know Oakland can't stop the run, don't come out passing until it's too late and then run, pound it until TJ gets his 30 and Leon gets his 10-15. It's like being down 2-0 in RPS and then go back to thinking normal strategy of "the guy I am playing in RPS sucks and throws paper every time, how about I throw a scissor".

Or against KC when you know they have the worst run D in the league, take control of that and use it to your advantage. Put players in a spot for opportunity. KC knows they can't stop Thomas or his tank engine, so when they drop a safety in the box, use your playmakers (i.e. Keller) and let him run the seam or a skinny post to create plays.

Therefore I feel that Management has gotten the idea from the media and everyone else. Expect a great gameplan with running and equal passing. A 39 year old man can't keep taking shots like that to the body, especially when your calling shotgun empty backfield plays. That's when young defensive guys make their names, chomping at the bit to make a play and be that guy. Plus his arm is going to get sore and then we have #10 back.

Did I miss anything??

:buffaloblows:

#13 Count8 Cotchula9, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  14. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Then Favre is one LUCKY SOB, because those type of TD passes have defined his career.

So, I am not really sure what your getting at. If that exact same pass was thrown in that exact same spot, I bet the one handed grab is made 50% of the time. It wasn't an overly difficult grab, as the arm was completely free.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Yeah it looked simple enough.. stop on a dime and simultaneously reach back in front of a defender with one hand to grab the underthrown ball, keep both feet in bounds, and maintain control while cross the plane of the endzone. Not too difficult at all.

16. quadcityjetsfan76

Sounds like the "Packerbacker" suffers from some "I miss Brett Favre so much I will follow his web presence anywhere" syndrome. It was not a good pass. He throws a lot of s@#$ that aint no good. I am willing to give up the 3rd rounder and bench his ass every time he throws a jack ass pick. At least then Mangini will appear to have a set of grapes between his legs. That will never happen, but I love to dream. On a side note what Singletary did to Davis and O'Sullivan was awesome. It may have cost him his head coaching job @ the end of the season, but it was still great.

17. GreenbayJet

GreenbayJet New Member

quadcityjetsfan76 ..........Excellent post.