Favre seems to just "wing" it...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Oct 26, 2008.

1. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Every pass seems to be basically a educated hail-Mary type pass with Favre, almost all of his INT's are when he throw's to a man who is covered by 2 guys and he just throws it in there direction and has a 33.3% chance of making a completion. Even the final TD pass to Coles that was basically a jump ball, for a lack of better words... and that time Coles got it. Favre throws too many "prayer passes" I hate him, I seriously think if Chad was in on this team hed be doing better then Favre. Nevermind the shitty coaches not running the ball....

bah!

2. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Stop being emotional. I'm sure he doesn't like you either! He is who we thought he was and he will lead us to the playoffs!

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

if he just stopped the hail-marys he would be fine. Just throw it away when no one is open.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

if he plays like he has been, there is NO way we are making the playoffs. throwing 2-3 ints a game does not equal playoffs.

5. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

but with favre you know you have a shot when trailing with 2 minutes left. With Chad he dinked and dunked his way and the drive had to be perfect..........

6. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

I missed the game. I'm at work now. I heard the Jets barely
    squeeked by?

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I am seeing a Dennis Green video coming up....

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We Survived The Swarm!!!

9. nyjetsfan7234

nyjetsfan7234 Member

we won so whatever for now...

10. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Highest Completion Percentage in the entire NFL. Worst Yards per completion in the NFL.

That alone tells you he is RARELY chuking the ball up, in comparison to what he normally does. You realize what favre brings to the team right?

1. The ability to win the game in the clutch. Showed that today.
    2. Keeping defenses honest. You will rarely see 8 and 9 guys in the box with Favre at the helm. You would with Chad.
    3. Gunslinging ability. Can hurt you at times. Can help you as well.

If you think chad is 4-3 at this point with us, your dillisunial. Arguably, I think Maimi is a overall better talented team then the Jets, yet he is 3-4 with them.

Just saying, Chad doesn't put points on the board. He wont turn the ball over like Favre does, but he also wont produce the points that Favre does.

Look no further then the numbers. Favre lead offenses are normally always potent, and always produce points regardless of turnovers. Chad lead teams can't seem to do that.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Favre has turned the ball over 8 times in the last 3 games, against Cincinnati, Oakland, and Kansas City, 3 of the worst teams in the league. I'm sorry, but I am not happy with his performance today. The playcalling was awful, but Favre played stupid football. He's thrown probably the five worst interceptions I have ever seen.

12. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I wouldn't say every pass. That's quite an exaggeration. I'm really surprised that he ended up throwing so many picks today though. Typically when he starts off as well as he did he gets into a groove. He started 8 of 9 for a TD. The only incompletion was a flat out drop by a WR.
    The ones Brett does just throw up for grabs are horrible though. The coaching staff needs to start pressing Brett to smarten up!

13. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Have you ever watched Brett Favre play before????:eek:hmy:

14. Jayboker

Jayboker New Member

Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Highest Completion Percentage in the entire NFL. Worst Yards per completion in the NFL.

That alone tells you he is RARELY chuking the ball up, in comparison to what he normally does. You realize what favre brings to the team right?

1. The ability to win the game in the clutch. Showed that today.
    2. Keeping defenses honest. You will rarely see 8 and 9 guys in the box with Favre at the helm. You would with Chad.
    3. Gunslinging ability. Can hurt you at times. Can help you as well.

If you think chad is 4-3 at this point with us, your dillisunial. Arguably,

I think Maimi is a overall better talented team then the Jets,

yet he is 3-4 with them.

Just saying, Chad doesn't put points on the board. He wont turn the ball over like Favre does, but he also wont produce the points that Favre does.

Look no further then the numbers. Favre lead offenses are normally always potent, and always produce points regardless of turnovers. Chad lead teams can't seem to do that.

"I think Maimi is a overall better talented team then the Jets"

That comment sir... is DUMB.

15. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Not sure about Miami's talent level in comparison to the jets', but I'm pretty sure Miami is better coached and less mistake prone. That will take you a long way in the NFL.
    Jets may have a better record and a win over Miami, but look at the teams the Dolphins have beat.....starting with Buffalo and the Patriots. Those are high quality wins right there.

16. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Here is my worry right now with Brett and this team. I don't have a history with the Jets to compare with, but I do have one with the Packers. This is starting to remind me a bit of the Sherman-era with the Packers. The Packers still had winning records during those seasons, but in part it was due to a good running game that would help balance out the passing game. The problems would come when the Packers were down or in a competitive game. At that point, the coaching staff would put the ball in Brett's hands and basically say, make something happen. Now, I am over exaggerating a bit, but hopefully you get the idea. Brett can do well in those situations, but it is like letting free of the reigns. You just don't know where he is going to go. Brett has done much better when a coach is there to reign him in a bit and make him stick to the plan, a la Holmgren and McCarthy. It's not to say he can't self discipline himself, but if you put everything on his shoulders all the time you will get those plays that you saw Sunday. Sometimes they work, like the TD to Coles, and other times they don't, like the INTs.

17. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Yeah...and that's when Brett might lean toward playing some sandlot football. IMO its easier for Brett to start doing that in NY as its a different offense and he's not 100% confident in it at this point.