Hello, my name is Brett Favre and I'm a

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

passaholic. Yes, that's right. I can't help but throw the ball. I really do try to throw it to guys dressed like me, but if they're not open I still need to put it up for grabs. I know, after all these years one would think I'd learn when to take a sack or throw the ball away. But as you see, I am Lord Favre, and we did win today, despite the fact that I had three, and should have had four, interceptions! Go Lions! errr, I mean go Jets!

2. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Farve needs glasses. He's old.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre won the game. Lets move on to a Showdown next week in Buffalo.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I forgot about that Derrick Johnson would be TD.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah Favre needs to step his shit up big time or he could find himself on the bench waving a towel

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I would say we won despite Favre. Someone needs to send Leon a fruit basket this week.

7. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Dude, you need to calm down. yes you won. Yes, favre didn't look great. But guess what, when it mattered the Most, 4th quarter, under 2 minutes left, TD needed to win, Favre came through. This is why you got Favre to begin with, to win games in the 4th quarter.

That is just what he did. How you got to that point matters little if you can get it done. Favre is obviously not happy with himself, just like I am not happy running the spread on every 3rd and short.

It is what it is. Passaholic really is just being idiotic. When they are not open, Favre doesn't throw it away. He never has. He gives guys a chance to make plays on the ball. The first int looked really bad, but it appeared favre thought he was going deep and he just stopped. If he went deep, that was one on one play. Again though, that looked like a miscommunication int.

2nd Int: No one was open. Double coverage. Play makers make plays. He threw the ball. Sure, it may get picked. On the other hand, it could turn into one hell of a offensive play. He has thrown that so many times it's not funny, and somehow it tends to be incomplete or a catch more often then a int. WR's gotta want the ball more then the defender. I remember Jennings last year hauling in two passes like that, and driver with a 3rd, last year. Favre doesn't give up on the play, it's not the way he plays. You live with that because of just what favre was able to do when it mattered most.

Favre doesn't settle for sacks. Seriously, your trying to ask a guy who has played football one way his entire career to suddenly be, you guessed it, Chad Pennington. Favre is going to take those shots. The WR's gotta want it more.

The fact both of his top two options were banged up didn't help.

Still, you won the game. Favre made the plays when you needed them most. Defense did it's job.

This was a team win. Oh, and Leon Washington: The man needs to be starter. End of story. The fact he isn't is a crime.

8. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

The guy is banged up and still lead us to victory. Stop being emotional. He is who we thought he was and he will lead us to the playoffs.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

He threw a bad pass and Coles made a good play. No way can you say that was a good pass for that last TD

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You seem to forget why the team needed that late TD.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

With all due respect, Pennington didn't take those sacks either. He'd safely throw the ball away... not directly to the guys wearing the other jerseys. But you are right... that is who Favre has always been. Jets fans need to learn to embrace the gunslinger. :up:

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The worrying thing is that Favre has always had a rep for throwing interceptions, he threw 15 the whole of last season which is a lot.

This year he has thrown 11 and we are not even halfway through!

13. packerbacker1234

Are you high? Clearly, you have not watched much brett favre football over the year. It was risky throw, but intentionaly underthrown, because that was the only way that ball had any chance of being caught. It was risky, but the defender's back was turned, meaning only the WR had a chance to make a play for the ball. If he had tried to go up top, the WR would of been out of bounds.

Favre has made that type of pass more times then I can count in his career. It's a risky throw that allows the WR to try and make a play. Worst case, with the defender's back turned, is a incomplete pass.

So, bad throw? If he had thrown it anywhere else to him, it would not have had a chance of completion. That's the good of risk taking. The bad is the ints.

You take the good with the bad.

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Exactly, that pass could just have easily been pick #4. He got lucky. Against a good team the Jets lose today. And don't forget to thank Herm as he did what he does best, went conservative at the end when his team had a chance to run out the clock. You guys think Mangini is bad, you forget how terrible Herm is.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

See I'd much rather have a guy that doesn't throw INT's thereby putting his team in a position to win prior to the end of the game. Game winning drives late against top teams is one thing. Game winning drives against one of the worst team in the league when you were partly responsible for the situation is nothing to write home about.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

that was one play I can agree with you on. common to throw it behind to allow the WR to make a play.

17. Long Time Jet Fan

The point you miss is there was no reason to be risky at that point. It wasn't fourth down, the clock wasn't running out. They had plenty of time, but he threw another stupid pass, just like the one that cost the Packers the Super Bowl last year. Only this time, he got lucky because he wasn't playing a good team.

18. packerbacker1234

The Play Calling over the course of the game was much better for KC then the jets.

Conservative or not at the end, the overall gameplan was better.

19. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

BINGO!!!! Mangini is less worse than Herm. That's about it.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

With Favre....it's the good, the bad and the ugly. With Favre he has the ability to overcome his miscues, Chad didn't.