No Comments on Favre Rumors?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

mmmhmm, and i was responding to you complaining about how this is being swept under the rug and anything the pats do is not.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I said the Favre phone calls with the Vikings in the offseason (tampering) were swept under the rug.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

ok must have missed something reading. but the favre phone calls with vikings thing was based on him having a team issued cell phone. proven false, and reported by the same reporter reporting this. either way the league hasn't investigated any of it so once again the reason these things are being "swept under the rug" is because there is nothing to look at.

4. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

5. Traveling

Traveling New Member

As always, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but PFT has had it out for Favre for a while now. They aren't exactly known for being balanced when it comes to him.

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

PFT is the TMZ of sports. If they think they can screw someone, anyone, they will, not just Brett Favre. A few comments. Favre probably did talk to the Lions, about what and for how long who knows? Those who are saying Glazer got the other story wrong and therefore we believe Brett are forgetting all the I'm not putting out feelers to other teams rumors that were flatly denied by the Favre camp. The reason I posted this was that I found it curious that no one else had commented on it, but had he left the Jets and the rumors were regarding a Jets opponent people would been all over his case. But since he's now a Jet and one of the "good guys" he can't possibly have done anything like that.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see why it even matters. Players talk to each other, coaches talk to each other, there are probably conversations like this going on all the time. There's nothing illegal about it so what is stopping anyone from doing it? I would be surprised if it didn't happen all the time.

edit: What is TMZ?

9. Long Time Jet Fan

TMZ.com is a site that just looks to bash any celebrity. Their goal is to make as many people as possible look bad. They basically want to hurt people that our successful. They probably all have small penises (or siginificant others in the same bind) and have to compensate in some way. The people who run that site, Harvey Levin, etc., are basically dispicable individuals.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

How about the fact that Mangini let him leave practice early so he could help the Lions gameplan against the Packers.

I would have a lot more respect for you and the poster that started this thread if you guys just said "we will continue to live in the past and defend the past no matter how ridiculous we sound".

If you think Favre is the first player to ever give a team a heads up...I just cant believe the depths certain posters will go to to try and rationalize their displeasure for a player (ltjf) or their living in the herm edwards past in juncs case.

Come on guys..grow up...move on. Throw your albums out and start buying cd's.

Just start threads every week that say "I hate Brett Favre the person and qb" and stop beating around the bush with absurd threads like this one.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

I really don't understand your anger or why you think this is an absurd thread. If you really feel that way go root for the Bengals. You'll fit in nicely there.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's amazing the lengths fans will go to defend Favre when a)he has been bad for us and b)it now comes out he was spending time helping another team game plan to get back at his old team.

I don't hate favre, I actually like him but I'd like him more if he started playing well and we were winning and it bothers me that while he should have been spending more time learning our playbook he was busy trying to get back at his former team. If he had the O down and was playing well that would be a different story but obviosuly that is not the case so keep making excuses for him and keep enjoying his strong arm- I'll enjoy him when he starts leading us to wins like the guy he replaced always did when he was healthy.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Why does it seem like Favre spent 3 days on the phone with Millen talking about gameplan? I guarantee you it was a 15 minute phone call, a half hour max during a downtime part of a day... can everyone fucking relax?

Get over it.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He has not been BAD until last week when he had little time to do anything in the passing game a lot of the time. The end zone INT probably would have been a TD if Cotch didn't fall over. Don't tell me it was a bad decision because he CAN and HAS made that throw and it was probably a TD if the receiver didn't fall over. Again, if Chad had a game with those circumstances you would point those things out.

From my understanding Millen called him on his ride home from the practice facility and he was off the phone by the time he got home. What do you want him to do, read the playbook while driving home from work?

It sure seems like you hate him because you'll go to great lengths to defend our old QB but jump all over Favre at the drop of a hat.

#74 WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  15. brettjet

brettjet New Member

No big deal here.

I'm sure that this kind of thing is old hat throughout the NFL. It would be against human nature not to share info. : )

And I don't think there's anything wrong it if he did indeed share info. It only makes the game more complex and interesting. Coaches do it all the time and do it openly as well.

No biggie in my book.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's it, from now on Brett Favre is not allowed to use a cellphone. He is the devil when he uses the cellphone. Just ask Jay Glazer. He's got cellphone telepathy.

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Great points. junc lives in the past. He will defend Herm til the end of time, I'm convinced of that. Same with Chad. I'm actually a huge fan of Chad's but even I can see through junc's agenda. Criticize anything "new" and defend anything "old".

Bottom line, he just likes a good argument/debate.

18. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Except Glazer was also the person who reported about Favre's "Packer issued cell phone" which turns out it was wrong. Now he initially said Favre called Millen, but it comes out after that it was the other way around. Glazer's reporting credibility takes a hit with each one of these stories that he's gotten wrong. When it comes to Brett Favre, it seems he's been a little off on both accounts so far.

19. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Farve is a freaking joke.

20. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we could find some facts or evidence to "corraborate" the notion that you have any idea of what you are talking about. :beer: