No Comments on Favre Rumors?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 20, 2008.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Exactly. Football is his *job*...he should be focused on making us kickass and not getting back at his ex...

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's an interesting point of view from someone who roots for the Pats.

3. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Two words Ari Fliesher!

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

When is the last time anything the Pats did or supposedly did was swept under the carpet. Just the opposite.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

when the league opens an investigation into what favre is being accused of we can talk, until then this is just something for jets haters to blow into a bigger deal than it is.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The destruction of videotapes comes to mind...

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

8. uberchink

uberchink New Member

this is too big of a distraction. hopefully the Jets do a good job of keeping focused on what's really important, improving on their .500 record

9. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

well the stories are half true. funny how some tried to twist this into something much bigger than it was at the start. first it was that favre called the lions up out of the blue and was giving all kinds of inside info on GB's offense. then reports were saying favre had contacted other teams on the packers' schedule. lol what a joke. smear tactics.

10. ukilledkenny

lol favre says stuff that just comes off as funny even when he isn't trying too. "i did not call the lions, nor did i call tony romo, so im not calling people." his facial expressions just crack me up at that part.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't know who it was...if it was Cannizzaro (esp) but, I'm gonna have to give him props. He (if it was him) actually made the rest of the people cut the shit about the Lions report and get to talking about football. I'm happy they got to the question regarding Brett's shoulder. He looks and sounds good, so I'm looking forward to seeing him fling some footballs out there this Sunday.

12. ukilledkenny

holy crap, did favre just say he likes the way schotty calls the games? i think the board is about to turn on favre for that comment.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

There were some things he touched on that I kind of wish he wouldn't leave open to speculation. One of them was the "someone is brain-washing some of the Packers players into believing that I am sabotaging their team" comment, and the other was where this piece of shit reporter that keeps twisting stories around when it comes Favre gets his leads from. I kinda wished he would've just left them as "I don't know" answers rather than leaving reporters to think that they're coming from the Packers Front Office. This is starting to look and sound like the Favre/Packers circus all over again.

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

According to the NY Post's Mark Cannizzaro, Brett Favre has confirmed having contact with Lions GM Matt Millen prior to the Packers-Lions Week 2 game.
    Favre confirmed speaking with Millen for "15-20" minutes, but emphasized that Millen contacted him first and the conversation initially dealt with hunting. "I didn't give him any game planning," Favre said. "I haven't been in that offense in over a year." The Lions lost and Millen is a street free agent. While the story may hurt Favre's legacy, it doesn't mean much.

15. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Favre's always been way too honest with reporters. It's a good thing but it gets him into a lot of trouble.

16. uberchink

uberchink New Member

of course he's gonna say that, whether he likes it or not

17. Grogan

Grogan Banned

If the stories are half true, then why would Favre lie and first say he never talked to Matt Millen and then come out again less then 48hrs later tell Peter King he did in fact speak to Millen but they didn't discuss the Packers??? Sound like Lord Favre is hiding something to me.

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

No Comment.

19. ukilledkenny

so he tells reporters what he is thinking... ok

oh wait.. so which is it?

and it was a joke i just found it funny he would even mention the play calling when the question wasn't asked.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If you read all the posts in this thread you'd know that I already said that there is no rule that a player can't share info on a team. I also said this is not a Jets issue, it is between Favre and Packer fans.