Fire Mangini!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 19, 2008.

1. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

Bill Cowher any one?

2. uberchink

uberchink New Member

i would shit my pants if that happened. it's not going to though.

plus, even if it did we wouldn't see the benefits til next year probably

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Get off ManRetards back Petro - what do you think - you own the phuckin' place?

4. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

well i dont think we'll see a new coach to next year atleast if the jets are smart enought to get rid of mangini and cowher said he does want to get back to coaching

5. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

fact is he was outcoached by a fucking offensive line coach who had a career record of 10-1389237928392839 as a HC at idaho. Theirs way to much talent on both sides of the ball to lose the way we did today. If we were gonna play the dink and dunk pussy offense we ran today... why did we bring in the gunslinger, might of well of just kept noodle arm. And on defense if your not getting pressure with ur front 7, YOU BLITZ, if i can see this sitting in my recliner what is woody johnson watching?

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

C'mon, he wasn't that bad. His record was 14-75.

7. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

It’s really not that bad; here’s the deal.

If we have a lead after one quarter – we’re golden and you can pretty much stop watching…the win is safe. If we are down by 40 – you can stop watching because after all – who comes back from 40.

Unfortunately; if we’re down from anywhere from 3 – 20 points…you may as well go mow the lawn because ManRetard and is crack staff of bigger than him retards, failures, misfits, and sons and daughters of misfits, failures and retards will stick to the same god damn game plan that got our asses handed to us for 30 minutes. They (being retarded fuck bags) have no ability to adjust to anything.

STAY THE COURSE RETARD.

#87 VickBlows, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I don't want another year of this bullshit. Unless we make a great run into the playoffs, I say fire the bastard.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I think Schottenheimer probably needs to go.

The running game was working brilliantly in the 1st half, but inexplicably we continued to call more passing and gadget plays than simple runs. It seems like you go with what works until they prove they can stop it.

10. hendersg

hendersg New Member

If I could I would. I'm so fucking sick of this dumbass. What a freaking fraud

11. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Yes, I do, because I've actually QBed and I understand how offenses work. If your receivers are getting zero separation, with the rules that are in place now, your play design is shoddy.

Generally you can always get away with running a pick. When I saw trips right that's what I thought it was being done for, you always run picks off that. Cotch and Coles are both good route runners, there is no way they can not get open against these corners. Asamawa is very good, but Hall is not. There is a reason why the Raiders Pass D is not good, but we just stunk.

Also, if these players can not get separation, this is not a new problem. Coles couldn't get it back in Oakland in 2002, how can he get it now? That's why we got rid of him in the first place. Why did the FO and CS not get somebody in place that can actually play WR at the NFL level? There are only like 5 teams in the league that can't get a decent passing game going. It's usually because of the QB though in each case. Now we are rapidly sinking to that level because of ineptitude.

Bottom line, if you can not get separation with 5 seconds in the NFL, you don't deserve to play in the NFL as a WR. Favre frequently was extending plays, but then could go nowhere because no reciever would run a route beyond 7 yards! That's dink and dunk right there, why are they staying so close??

Did you see what Haslett got out of the Rams today? That's the difference good coaching makes. Those players weren't shit before Haslett got there and then suddenly got stat upgrades or something, they were being misused and not put into positions that they could succeed. That is exactly what BSchott is doing too, and it is glaringly obvious to me.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You basically stole my post with the highlighted sentence .....

How many times in OT did we run on 1st and 2nd down? Essentially everytime we had a 1st and 2nd down except when Baker fell down. Yes the 1st down runs were succesful but the 2nd down runs weren't. Finally after our 3rd possesion Oakland figured it out.

The Gayders gave us how many chances to win this game even though we had no business and we couldn't capitalize. What does that say about this team? Did we deserve to win? Absolutely not but good teams win games they don't deserve to win and bad teams don't.

13. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Yeah, I don't know if I'm ready to see him canned just yet. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the hot seat though. Some people work well under pressure.

14. uberchink

uberchink New Member

ppl called me pessimistic last week because i was complaining about Shotty's conservative play-calling, not going downfield at all. i said if he continued like that Favre would start forcing it and he would start throwing more interceptions. i guess i was i right and i cant say i didnt predict a loss because of it.

15. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

They say there is an unwritten rule that no NFL coach can be fired until he has thrown at least one assistant coach under the bus. I hope Mangini hurry ups and fires an assistant just to get the whole process moving.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We lost because Favre and the offense executed like hammered shit.

The play calling was bad on both sides of the ball, but it was still easily good enough to have won this game if our offense wasn't so inconsitent. How many 3rd downs resulted in a sack or a crap throw? Way to many.

17. uberchink

uberchink New Member

why do you think the offense was bad and sporadic? andd why we couldn't convert on 3rd downs. its all cuz the play-calling. it all comes down to the coaching.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It doesn't all come down to the coaching. The players have to play better.
    The Jets passing game (everybody involved) was the biggest goat. The expensive Faneca and Woody did not pass block well enough. Baker was tackled by an imaginary cobblestone (I'll see if anybody gets the reference). Cotchery had arguably his worst game. Coles wasn't good enough. From what I could see on TV, he had trouble getting open all game.

19. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

It's not just last week, I believe Favre has only had 2 games with 200+ yards passing. TJ has only had 2 games with 100+ yards rushing I think, and only 2 games with TDs as well?

Last year we blamed Chad but now it's the same thing. Even with really shitty players around him Favre will put up 4000 yards passing and 20 TDs. He might throw over 20 INTs as well, but he'll at least get you the yardage and TDs. But what we're seeing now isn't Favre without anything to work with, first off the pass blocking was pretty good especially towards the end of the game when the Raiders DL got absolutely gassed, and secondly, the WRs were not being blanketed as much as people are saying. This is the NFL, there's never THAT much separation, a step or two is all you need.

Maybe Favre is injured but more likely I think something was up with the playcalling. imo.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Well said. Why did you leave though? Only negative in your post.