The Favre Difference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The Jets were absolutely horrible on 3rd down conversions today so i have no idea where this "confidence" comes from. At one point we were 1 for 7 on 3rd down conversions. i don't know how we finished up however. Yes i agree he brings A LOT to the table and is a fantastic QB, but he has only had 1 standout game for the Jets so far

2. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

"His difference is so huge it can't even be measured properly,"

(don't say it, don't say it, don't say it) Um, yeah, he's got a big difference.

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Our ex homo had great numbers?in a loss. I have no doubt in my mind that BF could have scored seven more TD?s in that game if we needed them.

CS was smart ? put some numbers up and see how the opposition responds?if they do nothing ? you do nothing.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its called beating an 0-5 team who is now 0-6.

5. Mr. Papagiorgio

Coming into this game, the Bengals D was 6th against the pass, but only 29th against the run. I'm more disappointed that we didn't rack up the running yards than not having a big passing game.

6. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

Anyone who disagrees that Favre doesn't bring a presence to the field that can't be measured by his stats for the day doesn't know football.

Today wasn't a great day, wasn't an awful day. But the fact is, if most other QBs in the league had the day Favre was having and ended with his line they would be looking at a loss.

He wins games that this team should win. Funny how the skeptics failed to crawl out of the cracks when he was leading the league in TDs and PR :wink:.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

those lopsided stats are misleading... it means most team just run over this team and barely passes the ball... most teams pass on the Jets while never running the ball because they know they can't so they pass all day and since Sutton gives them the cushion to throw the yards rack up and the ranking goes down.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No skepticism, just that its not the day to show full out Favre love... but he has changed the culture of the entire team, that i've said numerous times.

9. WickedBadMan

WickedBadMan New Member

I can roll with that :beer:

10. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Thats true, The Jets look more excited and playing with more passion and showing emotion with Favre

11. jmac6311

jmac6311 New Member

If you do not think Farve has improved this offense you haven't been watching. We are scoring more touchdowns this season than in the previous 2 years under this regime. We settle for fieldgoals far too often in 2006 and 2007. Does Farve turn the ball over? Yes. But so did Chad. He had 16 in 2006 and that was one of his better seasons.

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Lets not 4get that the Jets are a team coming off of a 4-12 season last year... And you know what? The Jets did what all solid teams do...They went out and won a game that they should have won...And they did just that.

We beat a Miami team that beat the Pats

We beat a Cards team that just beat the Cowboys...

We did what those two teams FAILED to do.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This team is the same team as last year, so I don't worry about what happened last year.

And if the Pats beat SD we will be the only team not to beat them in the division, that game can be played with any circumstance.

This game had to be won by this team if they want to be considered a playoff team.. The Giants are the best team in the league because they don't beat bad teams by 10 pts or less, they beat them by 20+ pts... I'm not asking for that, what I'm asking for is consistency and objectivity. Beating the Raiders and Chiefs will put the Jets closer to the playoffs and 5-2 might be 1 game back from the Bills or perhaps tied with them and the Pats for the division. Then the Jets play Buffalo and Favre in a big game like that - I trust him 100%.

14. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I think his previous criticism for not scoring any TDs was unwarranted. It was the offense's fault as a whole for not putting him into scoring position.

You, like many other people, put way too much emphasis on the TD stat. Sure "thats all that matters" but you won't be getting any 2 yd TD passes or 1 yrd TD runs unless the offense drives down the field right up to the goal line. It took a lot more effort to drive down the field than run 2 yards.

15. uberchink

uberchink New Member

they're better than an 0-6 team. I mean they're definitely not the worst in the league.

16. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Is Thomas Jones 65 yards on a pedestrian 3.8 average really that amazing Broadway Brett?

17. skipper

skipper Member

If you can win when your QB brings something less than his A game, you're doing OK. This was not one of Farbre's best games, yet the Jets won. OK by me.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I've never called him "amazing". All I'm saying is give credit where it's due. The guy had a 3 TD day. The first in his career. How many other players had 3 TD's today?

19. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Yes, give credit where it's due. Leon Washington. He had a more important role in today's win. Who cares if he didn't get the numbers to flaunt it?

I'm glad Jones got his numbers to shut ppl up though. And his 2nd TD was a really nice run. More of that and I'll give him plenty of credit.

20. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I remember the year Bubba Franks caught 9 TD passes for the Pack and went to the Pro Bowl. Didn't mean he was that good though. Packer fans should remember this..