Green Bay fan reaction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

BTW, I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've seen of NYJ fans since I started posting here. I expected to encounter a lot of outspoken and belligerent fans who would be quick to throw any and all players under the bus for a bad game or even a few bad plays. Not that there haven't been a few guys like that here......every teams has a few of those fans.
    I'm happy to say that there's a lot more knowledgeable, level-headed fans here than I expected. Overall this is a pretty good messageboard. :jets::beer:

2. GreenbayJet

GreenbayJet New Member

One thing that even some Packer fans may have forgotten about Favre is,
    Not only would the man play hurt ,but the following week he would almost
    always have a awesome game. It would make me and some of my friends
    draw straws on who would take a tire iron to Favre`s leg(joking,ofcourse)

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Why do it yourself when you can be an accomplice? Draw straws to see who calls Tanya Harding.

4. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

TT puts up a good wins to salary ratio. No offense, but that's the stupidist thing I've ever heard.

1. It's not, or shouldn't be, about Wins to Salary ratio. That would infer that if TT was able to pay all 53 players a total of $10,000,000 and they won 3 game games, the ratio would be 3.3 Million per game. Then, you take a team that cost $50,000,000 million an they win 10 games, those wins cost 5 million per game. So according to your theory TT would be doing better to win the 3 games than 10 because it was cheaper. MMM yeah, that's just dumb. PENNY WISE, POUND FOOLISH! just like getting rid of Favre, very pound foolish. How many Favre jerseys do you think they sold per year?

TT had a shitty record at Seattle, had a 4-12 season in 2005 (first year with the Packers), an 8-8 season in 2006, and one good year at 14-2 in 2007. So in 2007 he looked like a genius. One good year and he's the greatest thing since Lombardi. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

There's value in drafting young, cheap players late in the draft... and he may be good at that. Can't argue with Jennings or Jones, excellent picks. However, he's gone to far by getting rid of way too many veteran players. It's backfiring on him this year. The packers had a good balance last year, but let's not forget that Favre carried the packers on his arm for the first 8 games. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Favre was MVP caliber last year. So now this year... TT takes it a step further with his "cost savings" as you so imply, gets rid of Favre and has three QBs with a total of 3 years of bench experience and 0 NFL starts. Rodgers was kind of ready IMO, but it's football 101 and just plain stupid, stupid, stupid to have a backup and a third string that are also rookies, straight out of college. If Rodgers goes down, the season is down the toilet. It may be already. 2-3 isn't a good start. Especially when your first 5 games weren't against any elite teams and the schedule only gets tougher.

Quote me, Packers finish 7-9 at best. my prediction 6-10. TT will be flushed from GB this year, end of next year at the latest.

#124 greenwhite&nogold, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  5. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Why call her? Just go directly to Jeff Gillooly.

6. Ray

Ray New Member

Sorry to say, agree with you on Packer finish this year. Favre did carry that team on his back the first 8 games last year.

Not too sure TT and his yes man, MM, are going anywhere in the next couple of years. They rode that 13-3 season to get raises and 5 year contract extentions. IMHO, they also felt safe to give Favre the boot out of Lambeau.
    They moved on, the train has left the station, and all that kind of verbal garbage, which never once explained why the MVP runner up couldn't play anymore.

Rodgers so far not getting it done in crunch time, hurt in 4th game, but no, no use for #4 any more. MM says they feel comfortable with QBs on roster, glad he does, I sure don't.

27-26 TT's record in games won/lost at GB.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love the avatar. :up: