Green Bay fan reaction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'd be interested to see what champ would say. :up:

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

LMAO!!!:rofl:
    "UGH!!! I have to change my sig"

3. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Hate to burst your bubble, but if the Jets do win it, neither you nor I will have had anything to do with it.

I don't know who you are talking about, but for the record I have absolutely not a shred of doubt in my mind that it takes an entire team to win a Superbowl. Furthermore, the only Superbowl (and SB season) the Packers won, the offense (Favre) was arguably only the #3 reason for it. #1 was the defense, and #2 was special teams (the game itself). Favre didn't "win the superbowl by himself" in 1997, and he aint' gonna in 2008.

So hopefully we're done with this "credit" malarky now?

4. goat317

goat317 New Member

From another Packers fan turned Jets fan...If the J-E-T-S win the Super Bowl while Favre is your QB, the Packers and Packer fans have absolutely nothing to do with the Jets victory. While many of us will share your joy, it will be a team victory with Brett being a big part of it.

Also, I am a lifelong Packer fan who lives closer to NYC than GB, but I know there are also many Packer fans who hope the Jets flop so they can say "I told you so!".

If anyone cares, I am so mad at Packers management (the aforementioned Three Stooges) that I am getting more pleasure watching Brett and the Jets than I am watching the Pack. I know I will always be a Packer fan, but I want Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy OUT. That is based solely on the personal reason that they have taken the joy out of being a Packer fan. So that's the agony "they" have put us through. The "others" who still think the Stooges are geniuses call us traitors, although I am a stockholder and am on the season ticket waiting list.

So I hope you true diehard Jets fans will allow those of us who want to join you to share your team with us for awhile. No Packer fan, including me, should ever try to take any credit for the good things to come for the Jets.

Your team (and my adopted team, if allowed) is making this season a lot more enjoyable for many Packer fans.

Thank you.

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Honestly I don't care who says what if the Jets win the SB..... but lets be honest Brett Favre coming here gave the Jets a much better chance than Chad or Clemmons.

As for the Packer fans I'm glad they are here regardless of the reason. I've found them to be some of the most knowledgable fans on the board. I'd take Packer turned Jet fans over Pats trolls.

6. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

actually, it is koolaid as in Jim Jones type of Kookaid; except that TT/MM/MM (the three stooges) were serving it to all of the loyal "ask no questions", spoiled rotten, Packer fans who took Favre for granted. So many Green Bay Packer fans are/were delusional. They thought/think that Green Bay isn't like other teams that go 10-20 years between having a decent QB.

Back in July, I frequented Packer forums (as I am/was a diehard Packer fan) and they kept pointing to Steve Young. They truly want to believe that TT has a magic crystal ball and knows something that we don't. Rodgers was going to lead them to the promised land, and they bought it. I didn't, at least not for this year. Favre would have given the Packers the best chance of winning THIS YEAR. Rodgers may be the future, but there was no reason he couldn't sit on the bench another year. It was an insult to Favre, and insult to Packers tradition, and an insult to the fans.

#106 greenwhite&nogold, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  7. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

But Wait, Management wotn take any blame. It's not their fault #4 isn't starting for them, but #4's fault. HE RETIRED, AFTERALL. I mean, coming out of a retirement, or at least saying he wants to play again, a full month before training camp, REALLY put the packers in a tough position. REALLY TOUGH.

At least, that is how they want it percieved. They tried to push as much blame onto Favre as possible. Favre finally came out and said "guess what, it's a lie. No matter what they have said publicly, none of it's true". Favre has never lied (to anyone's knowledge) in front of a camera. He has been brutally honest to a fault,a nd it has gotten him into some PR trouble.

It wasn't an insult to the fans, it was an insult to Favre, the way they handled the entire situation. While others want to say Favre did play a role, the only role he played was retiring too soon and deciding he wanted toc ome back.

I mean, is that a deadly sin?

In either case, I do agree that many packer fans took him for granted. They forgot about allt he years that stood between Bart Starr and Brett Favre. And, even though AR is looking decent out there, he still hasn't proven anything. The only thing he has proven, at this point, is the 49er's should of drafted him over Alex Smith. In terms of what he has proven to GB fans?

He has shown me he can play, unfortunately, it appears the playoffs will not be in the cards this year. At least with favre, I would like to think playoffs were for certain in that crappy division.

8. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

TT is famous for stockpiling picks because mid and low round players are paid less than FAs signed or retained. Other than the first two rounds the first contract of an NFL player is a screw job, and TT wants as many players on their first contract as possible. I think the Clowney reference points to the fact that TT is building a low salary team with good depth and lots of good, low paid players, but few of the super stars that really put a team over the top. Superstars like Brett Favre.

9. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I have some bad news for the Ted Thompson haters, Aaron Rodgers is a good player and TT puts up a very good Wins to Salary ratio. TT isn't going anywhere.

10. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Rodgers does look to be turning into a decent QB. Problem I have is that Favre bashers have been saying throughout preseason and the first few weeks of the year that Rodgers won't make the big mistake that will cost us the game. Well, Aaron has now made that big mistake two weeks in a row.

11. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Ha! So true. I remember wearing my packers jersey in Minnesota bars after GB won the Super Bowl. I heard a few "GB sucks" comments. I reminded them who the champs were. Not much discussion after that.

12. gustoonarmy

+1

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's exactly right and it seems to have also gotten a lot of others on the team playing harder as well.

14. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I never saw the logic of it. Last year the team was bad right out of the gate except for Favre and the receivers, no running game at all and they turn it around, finish 13-3 and lose in OT to the SB champs in the conference. That was the youngest team in the NFL with a QB that was 2nd MVP. They had a legit shot at the SB and to put the ball in Rogers hand was a BS move.

By the way Rogers is good but in 8 games he has already had a season ending injury as a #2!! I see a problem with that. At least Favre has spent over 16 years showing up for work every sunday

15. gustoonarmy

Success breeds success

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

About what?

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really? Rodgers is a good player? That would explain why the Packers have lost 3 straight including to a rookie QB just last week. That would also explain why Matt Flynn might need to play very shortly.

What I would say about Rodgers is that when he is healthy he looks like he has the potential to be a good QB in this league but due to injuries we may never get to see how good he really is.

Oh and you think Turd Thompson's job would be safe if say the Jets won the Super Bowl with Favre having one of his best seasons ever and the Packers failed to make the playoffs. There are many people that feel the Packers were more talented than the Jets sans the QB. It would be disastrous for Green Bay should the Jets to be very successful with Favre and the franchise flounder without him.

Hypothetical that Favre plays out his contract with the Jets and goes 10-6 and 11-5 and wins 3 playoff games while the Pack finish 9-7 and 7-9 and fail to make the playoffs. My guess is Murphy, Thompson , Rodgers and McCarthy are all in the street.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Rodgers has been very good. When your entire defense gets hurt and your runningbacks give you nothing, it's hard to win games.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Rodgers has been fine. 1200 yds, 9tds, only 4ints. Threw for over 300yds and 3 tds playing hurt last week. Not bad.

20. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

If the Packers have a couple losing seasons in a row, McCarthy will be the fall guy. He was TT's hire. TT will have a couple extra years to turn it around from there. Mark Murphy is extremely safe in his job security. He hired neither of those guys and getting rid of him really wouldn't do the team any good.
    I will say this.....the sooner Favre retires, the better for the Packers. I have a feeling Brett is going to play at least through next year. That's not good for Packers nation. The comparisons will always be there and Brett will always cast a shadow over Lambeau Field as long as he's associated with another team.