Can I get a psl update?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Oct 3, 2008.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I dont have my season tickets in my name. I was wonder if there have been some deadlines or anything that needs to be done with the psl

#1 hoobash, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

All the info is on the JETS site...

On a related note. The NY/NJ area has a shortage of Vaseline & KY.

4. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I'm anxiously awaiting Phase I, the Coaches Club auction on 10/19. I hope Woody gets shut out on this one...never happen, but would prove a nice point.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Basically the season ticketholder doesn't need to do anything at present. There's going to be an auction this fall starting with the most premium seats in the house. It'll all work down from there.

But if you don't have the tickets in your name, you basically don't have much control over what the ticketholder is going to do with his seats.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It'll be interesting, won't it? You can't help but wonder if this current credit crunch will affect the bidding. Not everyone is sitting on $30,000 to $80,000 cash. Corporate and individual credit right now is pretty tight, not to mention the economy. Small businesses who might have otherwise said, "Screw it, we'll just bid on these things" will be reevaluating the wisdom of tying up capital in such a farcical "investment." Borrowing money to do it will be looked at even harder.

There's a general perception of diminishment of wealth right now, across the board... it always happens during these times... people don't "feel" wealthy when they look at their 401K statements or realize the value of their home has taken a 30% hit, so that all leads to a pullback. Even small corporations are feeling it... law firms, manufacturing companies, mom and pop retail businesses.

They couldn't be running this auction at a worse time, IMO. But hey, you want to build a new stadium and jack the prices through the freakin' roof, go for it, Woody.

7. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

I wonder how many Mez and Lower level people will put off the PSL and move to the upper deck.??

Has anyone or can someone do a poll on this?

When I spoke the the Jets tickets office and asked about people moving up and the chance of me getting bumped from my seats (i'm only in my 3rd year.... waited 10) they said their data shows that people will stay in their seats and no too many will move.

I just don't buy that.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

in my opinion, your fucked

9. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Sec 227 couldn't have said this any better. People need to start re-allocating their finances, as well as small or large cap companies. Balance sheets are shrinking, funds are getting tighter, and there is a general feeling of unease right now, which is leading to less extravagant spending. And I think it's pretty safe to say that a PSL would fall into the "non essential" spending column right now. As far as the Jets ticket office telling you "their data shows that people will stay in their seats and no too many will move"...WTF are they talking about? What data? I don't recall anyone asking me where I'll be choosing to sit? I've never heard such wishful thinking in my life??? Oh well...WE WILL WAIT AND SEE. Good luck Woody.

10. 20&out

20&out New Member

The current mess on Wall Street is going to hurt the Jets and Giants PSL sales big time.
    Thousands of big money people have already been laid off and those that haven't that are used to seeing six figure bonuses are going to see nothing this year. Big money disposable income in the tri-state area is disappearing fast!!

11. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

The season ticketholder is get married next week so I just want to make sure he wasnt missing any deadlines or anything. I pretty much manage the tickets. We at the very least will move upstairs. We are considering paying the psl and staying 1st tier in the endzone which is where we are now. Consider I am broke the psl wont cost me much

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hey what about JJ in Dallas with 100Gs PSL & up?

While I am not shedding croc tears for Mr. Woody since he appears the kicker in the ass to Tanny & Manny to get BF but this credit thingy may turn into fans revenge concerning the PSLs & hopefully it turns out that way.

I'm sure ur are aware that once the auction is over & the present season tix holders who did not win or did not bid on there seats lost them. Pretty sad situation for them

#12 championjets69, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  13. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

Yea they will have to take seats elsewere.. but how many out of those 2000 seats do you really think have that kind of crazy cash not only to bid, but to pay 750 a game for a ticket? I would't think many.

14. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

Yea I'd have to agree.

15. perfectpat

perfectpat New Member

I kid you not , I don't beleive it either, but that's exactly what a gentlemen at the Jets office told me just a few days ago.

when I asked about my chance about keeping my section 303 seats he said and I qoute:

"First of all No One has seats in the new stadium yet" Second our research data shows most season tickets holders will stay in their current location.

Of course, I don't buy it..... that's why I called them to ask... I know if my seats were lowers or Mez (I have 4 )I would move up. I take my kids and half the time they don't watch the game. It would be had to justify the PSL just to take them to a game I barely can afford it now.

But as I allways thought...since the PSL plan was announced as the other poster put it " I'm F'd"

16. championjets69

I do not know but if I had to take a stab I would say 95% will not or can not

17. championjets69

Amazing being in the 1st tier according to the NYJs I have not yet been offered to keep my seats which are already in the UD. We also never got a survey from the NYJs so unless they assumed I was already a UD season tix holder I would be keeping those seats they never sent me a survey

18. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Yes, the timing of this is sadly ironic. These are terrible financial times with the future looking only more bleak, and we have the Jets, Giants, Yanks, and Mets all looking at new stadiums. I know these things need to be planned many years in advance, but Whoops!

Good lucks with those tens of thousands of dollars PSLs, Woody :)

19. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

For anyone who cares, I have found Jerry Jones' PSL pricing. From what I've read, the Cowboys fans are in shock that a Jets fan would have to pay $700 face for a ticket. Now I know that you're going to say "What about the $150,000 PSL's??". I think Jones was smart about this. If you look at the seating chart, there is a very small fraction of the stadium who would have to pay this. It's pretty similar to saying 3% of the world's population holds 90% of its wealth. Jerry realizes there are about 500-1,000 people in his area willing to pay that much for a seat...Regardless, don't think I'm trying to rationalize this in any way. It's sucks...Just posting this so you can see what other teams are doing. I guess at this point it's 6 of 1, half dozen of another.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets/newStadium_Interactive.cfm

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone with 10 years or less as a tic holder will have a hard time staying upstairs in my opinion. As a 28 year tic holder, I am worried about getting good seats since I sit upstairs now and dont' get to pick until the last phase. I want to sit between the 35's from row 3-15. What do you think?