Offensive Weapons?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mr Electric, Sep 19, 2008.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No to Chris Wells or any other player from Ohio State. They make terrible pros and they miss most of the OTA's and are behind everyone in their rookie year. The Jets in 2009 will need a running back because Thomas is slow not strong and goes down with pinky tackles. We could also use a safety to pair with Rhodes. Smith is horrible and its been 3 years since he was drafted. Next we should look for some road graders for the offensive line. After all the money we still cannot punch it in from the one yard line...unacceptable. We are set at QB with Ratliff the heir apparent. Clemens will be traded in the offseason. We could use a punter also since I think this year we will have a revolving door at that position.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your correct. I remember Mangold being a bum from day one because of the time he missed. Oh wait, he started at a high level from day one? Really? Well, I guess that blows a big hole in your assumption.

To add to that, running back is one of the easiest positions to transition from NCAA to NFL, I'd love to get a talent like Chris Wells. THe biggest thing they have to pick up on is thier blocking assignments, but that can happen over time as he is used as a short yardage, late game back.

3. JetsLookingforDWare

Moreno and McCoy >>>> Wells.

No offense to Wells, he'll be a very good pro...but I like both Moreno and McCoy more.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I love how a lot you guys think Brett Ratliff is the answer. I know he played well in pre-season, but it was against depth and practice squad players.

I have absolutely no confidence in this guy. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't think he's the QB we want under center when Favre is done.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I like Moreno a lot of course, don't know too much about McCoy.

I do like Wells size and power. 6'1 237 for a guy that runs like he does is very nice. I would love to see him in green and white next year.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I love how people forget that Clemens had a similar preseason last year. Its easy to look good against second and third stringers who may not be around in a week or two, but once game action starts its a whole different world.

Ratliff may be a good option. Kellen could be a good one. Ainge is truely an unknown at this point. I have faith in none of them to lead this offense for a long period at this point.

7. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

You serious?

8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Knowshon is the best RB in the country , i like Wells but i think Moreno will be better a pro. McCoy i dont know much about but he is off to another fast start.This has nothing to do with the injury i just think both of them will probably be better.

9. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Titans - Chris Johnson, one of the most electric young players in the NFL

Bears - Forte is an absolute beast and the most significant part of Chicago's offense

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I talked about Chris Johnson also. San Francisco also shouldn't be left out as long as Frank Gore is their RB. Vernon Davis was supposed to be a playmaker.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

For all of you guys that like Javon Ringer, here's a similar player:

UCONN's running back Donald Brown looks like the real deal.

5'11 210 and runs a 4.4 in the 40.

He leads the nation in rushing...averaging over 6 yards a carry and 181 yards a game.

906 yards and 11 TDs

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is his 1st year carrying the full load, he was splitting carries last year with Caulcrick, and he wasn't used much at all during his Fr and So years. And his carries will decrease with the tougher teams. I think it is good that he shows that he could be a workhorse in a pro style offense.

13. 624

624 Banned

i go to uconn games and he is sick..its hard to say this when you run a 4.4 but it seems like he plays FASTER then what he times

14. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

I love moreno he runs very tought alot like marion barber and if he can transition into the nfl likethat he will be a great pick up for any team

Chase Daniels i think can fall to the second round and if he does the jets should pounce all over him he is a special player and a year behind favre could be very good

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

game speed is different than timed speed...he seems to have a second gear and that's why i like him

16. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Okay, Chris Johnson should have been on that list but I intentionally left him out because he's so young I wasn't sure if he was going to last just yet.

Forte, I'm not sold on just yet.

17. nyj55

nyj55 Member

MrE, Ratliff (as well as Clemens) may not be the answer but you need to at least see what you got before you go and draft a QB high.

With that said, I think DE and S are probably the biggest needs on the team right now. I would love an offensive weapon like harvin or crabtree though and i agree that RB should be addressed either this draft or next. It all depends on where we pick. Rey magulalgulagulaluga and laurinitis stock seems to be slipping but i still think they would be studs next to harris on the inside, another position of need. But our DEs are getting old and there is no one opposite Rhodes. We could potentially have the best secondary for the next 7 years if we get a first round playmaking safety.

And also, because I am a homer, BJ Raji could be Jenkins Jr. We will be the best NT in the draft.

EDIT: as i read the post i realize it is just a bunch of rambling that makes little sense. Caffeine+midterms+boredom etc. you know the deal. But i'm leaving it anyway

#37 nyj55, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Jets won't be in the position to draft a QB high in this year's draft anyway. Matt Stafford is the only QB worthy of being drafted in the top 10 right now, while Cullen Harper from Clemson is the most overrated player in this draft.

I like Mark Sanchez out of USC a lot...even though QB is not a need, and we don't know much about Ratliff yet, Sanchez could be a steal in Round 2.

QBs that will go in the 2nd/3rd round and could become bigtime players:

Tommy Brandstater from Fresno State

Rhett Bomar from Sam Houston State via Oklahoma

Curtis Painter from Purdue

19. JetsLookingforDWare

No way Sanchez is a second round pick if he comes out...which he won't...he's got the potential to be a top 10 pick.

I like Painter and Brandstater alot...Painter can be a first round pick...Brandstater is like a more raw version of Flacco.

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The is the first I've heard of Brandstater, so I'ma look him up.

But I agree about Painter. He's an interesting prospect with some potential.