Favre Hasn't Lost The Magic Touch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 29, 2008.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09292008/sports/jets/favre_hasnt_lost_the_magic_touch_131176.htm?page=2

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

The Packers losing and Rodgers running off grabbing his shoulder won't hurt Favres mood either.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

I wonder what the Packers fans moods are like today. Anyone know a good message board to read?

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

There goes Coles complaining again...this time about the fact that he can't help BF. When will it end?!!

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I like what he said to Damien Woody. His happiness is everything to this team bouncing back from any hardships... And he's never lost his magic touch, rather than hasn't lost his magic touch. Post fails like always.

7. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

8. WhiteShoeWillis

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If one can get age completely out of their head, Favre is fully capable of playing for us for another 2 or 3 years. We still need to get an awesome running back and some more super speed at WR, but Favre's arm isn't going to disintegrate overnight and he wasn't brought here to run.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Can play and will play are two different things. I do hope he stays at least 2 years... 3 would be icing on the cake. But the possibility exists that at this years end we could be looking at Clemens starting next season. And us looking for our "next" QB solution.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I am expecting him to retire after this season. That said, I saw an interview with him last week where he said something along the lines of "who knows, maybe the Jets won't want me here next season". I don't know what the question was but the answer implied that he hasn't ruled playing another year out of the question at this point.

I'm pretty sure he won't be getting the pressure to make a decision from this front office like he was in Green Bay. So I'll remain hopeful that he comes back for another season, but won't be surprised at all if he hangs 'em up.

12. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

[​IMG]

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I hope not; I think he is finally starting to have some fun here; maybe that will count a lot toward coming back next year and years to come.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

He should play next year at least cause we play the Pack in the M/lands

15. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I've said it before but I'd like to say it again;

There is not another QB in the league I would rather have at the helm of the Jets.

I am good friends with some Packers fans and I felt really bad for them today. They were real happy for Brett but I felt like I had to apologize to them for us having him. They miss him and they still love him and root for him all the way.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If we go 6-10 or 7-9; he will hang 'em up.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Well if he wasn't having fun yesterday, I'll wager he'll never have fun. lol I think there was something specific that was dogging him in Green Bay with why he was constantly talking about not coming back. Something with the FO or CS specifically. At least I'm hoping that was it, otherwise he was just being a big drama queen, which doesn't help us at the end of the season. We do need to know if he's coming back or not before Free Agency and the Draft.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I don't think he will play games with us. He knows his age, too. Point is he made a transition late in his career which is a difficult thing to do; it looks or is starting to look like he will be successful. He seems to be fitting in and is started to really be accepted by everyone on and off the team. I mean, sure, everyone roled out the "green" carpet for the guy, but you still have to prove yourself and prove you were a clear upgrade over what we had. I think he has definitely proven he has upgraded the position. He still could settle down more and not feel like he has to make those "poor decision" throws that he makes every so often. We all can agree that he made one extremely retarded throw yesterday that never should have been thrown.

Bottomline: If he continues to do well here and the team does well and has a good relationship with the coaches and most importantly is having fun in NY; he will stay.

19. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

I can't post links yet. But google the packer forum and you'll get a good idea how Packer fans are reacting to yesterday's games. The Packer fans are NOT happy. I am a Packer fan too (I was raised a Packer fan), but I'm cheering Favre on and I am GLAD Favre did so well yesterday. I feel they gave him the shaft and he is coming up smelling like a rose. Some of the fans that were saying "good riddance Brett" are probably wanting him back today (though no one has admitted yet).

Just for the record, I was never one of those people wanting them to push Brett out the door. I wanted them to just let him come back. On that board, I was Favre's last stand, Hee hee. Anyway, I was glad to see Favre coming to the JETS because I was raised in NY and I don't like the Giants. When the issue of "where is Favre gonna go?" was on the table, I was saying, "please let Favre go to the JETS, because I can't see myself rooting for him in Minnesota, Chicago or Tampa Bay.

Yes, I am heartbroken over the Packer loss and the fact that we are scrambling, but I fully expected this. But you can see how much Favre carried the team this past 16 years, so how could I NOT root for Favre?

20. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I don't know about the forum but the general mood is not anti Favre, they like Rogers, they love their team and if this goes south on them they won't be mad at the Jets, Favre or Rogers but rather at the front office.

The Packer front office has practically no upside in this scenario and its all one man's (TT) ego. If the Packers win the SB TT looks like a genius.

The downside for TT is 1. The 4-12 Jets do really well this year; 2. Favre plays great and especially looks like he could have improved the 08' Packers over Rogers; 3. Roger is less than excellent in 08' or gets hurt and 4. God help TT if the Jets go to the SB and the Packers do not or worse yet beat the Packers especially knowing they have to retire his number, name the field after him etc. Not likely to happen but....

TT really fucked up IMO