Where the **** is the crowd?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

Not to beat a dead horse, but I too felt the same way watching it on tv, good j-e-t-s, weak crowd. I was embarrassed to think of what favre musgt be thinking. To go from lambeu where they would practically kill themselves if they saw brett throw 6 tds because theyd have nothing else to live for to a fanbase where half of the stadium leaves...to beat traffic!?

2. TampaBayJetsFan85

Sup Petrozza...You run a great site here but what about this Dolphins guy? He should really be the one getting a suspension or a banning:beer:

3. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

I was at the game today, and it was damn loud. I think it's more of what the television sound picks up. Trust me, the crowd was going wild today.

At one point in the second quarter, I couldn't hear myself yelling. So, I could not disageree more on the fan noise. I know that it has been stated many times on this board that the sound on TV is nowhere near what it's like at the game.

Much of the crowd noise for stadiums is picked up through the microphone of the play-by-play announcers. At the stadium, these individuals are way up at the top of the stadium, where the noise doesn't quite make it to. I know there isother sound equipment at ground level (those clear half bubble things), but there have never been too many of them at Jets games.

As far as people getting into the game for kickoff, that is another story. Very dissapointing every game.

4. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^^That's a good point about packer fans--can't be compared to jets fans for that reason.

For example, New yorkers are always late to the start in all the sports---can't tell you how many times I've seen thousands of people walking from the subway after the first inning at Shea. Sometimes, the game would be basically over (lets say 5-0) and these folks haven't even sat down.

Second, really, they got other things to do!

But come to my living room or my friends living rooms and you will not find more loyal and enthusiastic and emotional fans--and they all know what the fuck is going on every damn play.

NO-ONE CAN KNOCK A JETS FAN UNLESS THEY'VE WALKED IN OUR SHOES!

5. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i hate this argument.. its so ridiculous.. ppl always complain about this.. if u go to the game do what u want, scream, yell, or sit on ur hands.. its ur seat, ur ticket, ur wallet.. i have season tickets, i lose my voice most games, but i dont care whose loud and whose not. as long as i have fun, and my team wins.. ppl who complain how it looks on tv, should pony up the money and go to the damn game.. if u hate it, change it.. and the ppl saying "oh its so quiet while im watching the game" on TELEVISION. open up ur wallet and go to the game, dont watch it on tv.. and if u dont want to go to the game, then dont worry about what ppl do at the games.. football is an expensive sport to be a fan of, and the people that are spending the money should decide how they want to act.. those are the ppl keeping the jets in business, not the ones watching on tv

6. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Screw the west side..the stadium should have been in Flushing Meadows !

#46 Gloom N Doom, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  7. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I think every team has plenty of die hard fans that support their team no matter what. Its just strange from our perspective that a town of 100,000 packs the stadium for every home game including preseason and the family night team scrimmage, yet one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world can't pack the stadium when the Jets are playing. Do the Giants have this problem as well?

8. JetsLookingforDWare

Yea like...TF kinda thinking is that?

Fairweather bullshit...that rides just enough time to vent how kickass the game was...and smoke a post game celebratory cigarette.

How the fuck can you be fans if there's zero passion for the good moments?

9. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

CBS didn't have rights to today's broadcast. When NFC teams travel to AFC teams, Fox has broadcasting rights. Same applies to CBS' rights when the AFC teams travel to NFC teams stadiums.
    No way in hell was Fox going to broadcast the Jets game rather than the Packers game.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not for anything, but I think there have been about 30,000 threads over the years with the same circular posts. Including posts of my own. That aside, we won big today and since we can't complain too much about scoring 56 points, we'll have to complain about the fans.

11. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

You're right--my bad!

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wait till the new stadium is built and the only people that can afford to go to jets games are rich corporate douches and whichever account their trying to score that week.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I think most of the fans that left early did so the hear/see the Met game from the lot.

14. baamf

baamf Active Member

Amen Brother !!! These posts always crack me up, it's the same with the posts complaining about when people should be cheering. I've been to over 200 Jets games and have never really given a crap about what other people are up to. I've paid my money so my friends/family and I can have a great day supporting the team that we love in the way that we choose to. As for yesterday, woke up at 6:00am was in my parking spot by 8:00am. Grilled tons of food in the pouring rain and was in my seat by 1:00. Screamed all day, enjoying the offense, trying to figure out what happened to the defense late, basically just enjoying the camaraderie. At 00:00 left the game and enjoyed some more grilling in the parking lot. Drove home in a torrential downpour and got soaked all over again unloading my truck about 8:00pm. Took a nice hot shower and jumped in my bed 15 hours after starting my most recent Jets adventure. And you know something, not once did I really care how the other folks were enjoying their adventures; were they yelling loud enough, were they getting there on time, did they leave too early? It would really just be wasted effort on my part and take away from something that I love doing.

Yesterday was great, enjoyed every moment, I suggest you all try it someday...

#54 baamf, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  15. Gator

Gator Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm from LI. We stayed for most of the game. Left with 5 or so minutes left. Got to the car at 4, and taking the back roads in Jersey got to the bridge in good shape and was home at 5:10. So it was a great game.

Yes, I don't want to get home at 7 from a 1 o'clock game. Screws up the whole night.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Fuck the crowd, WHERE"S THE DEFENSE!!!

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

it was quieter than i expected, but between the weather and the mess that is the parking situation, i would say that this type of crowd was pretty much expected. hopefully things start looking up as the season goes on though, cuz i dont know how long i can take these lame crowds.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Thinks are going to start looking....down. As the weather turns, the no-shows increase. We know this.

Getting in (the gate) has gotten much worse this year too.

So J! E!T!S! fans, look forward to nobody in their seat at kickoff, 25,000 empty seats when they scan the crowd, and thousands and thousands leaving early no matter the score.

19. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

rmagedon and i were at the game yesterday. i don't know it seemed fairly full, and our section was pretty loud. i lost my voice from cheering so much. as far as the leaving and early and the traffic... you're gonna hit traffic anyway so u might as well stay. there's no easy way back to long island, there's no short cut or anything like that. it's gonna be you in a car for about 3 hours. might as well deal with it.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah, OK. lol. In the car at 4 and home on L.I by 5:10. Know how?...we took the short cut.