Historic victory!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Sep 28, 2008.

1. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Favre vrs Rodger

Look at what they are saying now. Amazing what a change a week makes! Of course the darksiders will continue their campaign of negativity!

"He looked pretty average last week, so I knew he was going to come back this Sunday with fire in his eyes, but who would have foreseen this? I think things are starting to sort themselves out - Rodgers vs Favre - and GB made a big mistake."

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Rodgers: (2-2) 6 TD 3 INT after 4 games
    Favre: (2-2) 12 TD 4 INT after 4 games.

Hmm.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this shouldn't matter anymore.

4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Why do Jets fans care about this? I actually like Rodgers and hope he does well out there.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Favre has 12 TDs already. Pennington had 16 in 2006 and we made the playoffs. interesting stat

6. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I am not actually upset overall at the play of Rodger's.

I am upset, however, that he got hurt. Not in the "feeling bad for you" kind of way... but in the sense that we went 16 years without worrying about this stuff. Now he might have a dislocated shoulder and miss not just one, but a couple weeks.

In the meantime, Favre is doing something he never did in GB, throw 6 TD's. Sure seems like the packers made the mistake here. It's hard to argue the packers wouldn't b e better off right now with Favre then Rodgers.

Still, he is a jet. It doesn't matter. But it's still nice to talk about... you know... how GB apparently screwed up.

7. GreenMachine

Yet....the Jets are in must win games and the Pack is fine..

I am really optimistic after the Bye this offense will go on a major run.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Favre is on pace to throw close to 40 TD's! Rodgers on the other hand is a turd and will eventually in the end. Fail.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

He's on pace to throw 48 TDs

10. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Are you serious? That's not hard to argue at all. It's one Sunday, for pete's sake. Would you have made this same argument in Week 1, when Rodgers completed 80% of his passes against the Vikings?

Or Week 2, when he was one of the league leaders with a QB rating of 117?

Or Week 3, for that matter, when he still had a decent game and Favre looked like crap?

Now in Week 4, Rodgers finally has one bad game and Favre plays one of the best games of his career, and suddenly all that's proof Green Bay made a mistake? Come on, man. It's a 17-week season, and people have to learn to look farther back than the last 10 minutes and farther forward than the next 10. There's no way any sensible person can credibly evaluate the wisdom of this move on the basis of one game by either of the two principle players.

You want to make this argument in December, fine - maybe then you'll have something to hang it on. But today, you don't. Not really. Not yet.

11. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

How to recognize a darksider!

They are not happy after a historic victory, ie, second most points in Jets history, and most TD passes in Favre's career! Instead they complain about being called out as darksiders. They continue their campaign of negativity!!!!

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Whatever...

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Takes one to know one...

14. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Sir, I am a packer fan. I made this arguement for 3 months worth of debating on nearly every packer forum on the planet up until favre was traded. This isn't be reacting to this week, this is me wanting my Packers to have the best chance to get to the Super Bowl. Yeah, the first two weeks Rodger's looked good.

Guess what, it was teh vikings and lions. Two horrible teams. (yes, the vikings ARE horrible, save AP, no matter what anyone says).

Dallas was NOT a good game for Rodgers. You sir, watched a different game. He failed to put points on the board, had a fumble, and threw three balls that should of been ints. They weren't, but dallas's D can't catch. He played a bad game against dallas, and every GB fan knows it. The whole "he played alrgiht" was just giving us some sort of hope that the game was just a blip.

Game 4 - another bad game. I don't care about the bad game - I care that he got hurt. On top of that, he played good against shitty teams, and bad against good teams. Thats not a good stat to have.

Also, Favre last week didn't haven't a HORRIBLE game. Or, did you miss the stat line? He completed almost 80% of this passes, and had two meaningful TD passes. Yeah, he had two ints. Guess what - a few TD passes with an int or two is pretty average for favre. It still gave the jets practically 30 points. TOo bad the D didn't show up.

And Yes - This game that Rodgers Had, and the Game that Favre had, is enough evidence that the packers are better with Favre.

Why? Well sir - next week Rodger's is looking doubtful to start. If the shoulder is even worse then it looks, could be 2 or 3 weeks. So, not only would he be coming off 2 bad games, he would also be coming off not starting at least one game, and most likely coming back to a team with a pretty significant losing record.

At least with Favre - we know he will be there every sunday.

15. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I guess you can't add!!! Check these stats out, enough said.

Rodgers: (2-2) 6 TD 3 INT after 4 games
    Favre: (2-2) 12 TD 4 INT after 4 games.

Oh yea by the way Favre plays hurt and never misses a game. Rodgers is already hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

what? a jets victory is not enough for you--you have to insult other fans? Who's the darksider?

17. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Wow still negativity after a victory. I'm extremely HAPPY about the win. HOW ABOUT YOU????!!!!!

18. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

The darksiders just don't get it. They complained about Favre was a mistake. Mangini was too conservative. Coles was done...... They are proven wrong and they still stick to their positions instead of basking in the glow of a victory!!!!!!!!

19. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Favre a mistake, Magini too conservative, Coles finished .......

The darksiders just don't get it. They complained about Favre was a mistake. Mangini was too conservative. Coles was done...... They are proven wrong and they still stick to their positions instead of basking in the glow of a victory!!!!!!!!

20. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Second most points in Jets History.

Most TD passes in a single game by the great Brett Favre!!!!

Can we get some love for this team! The report of their demise was premature!!!