Where the **** is the crowd?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I stood til 0:00.
    Always do.

And I can't quite understand how people leave early when we're Winning and the games not over!
    How???

They Missed Favre's record breaking TD, the JETS answering back the CARDS comeback attempt.
    It was full of Drama...Incredible game

Why would you leave!!??
    Does not compute
    does not compute...

2. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

That's just the thing - Why? Grant it, I do not expect the atmosphere to be anything like Lambeau Field. I am not stupid, that atmosphere just can't really exist anywhere else. We don't sell out every game since the 60's, even with 2 win seasons, and not get some credence for our heavy support of our team.

So, I didn't expect that. In fact, based on many fans comments after last week, I expected a few boo's, or some silence, involving anything with Favre. In fact, after the int, I was waiting for people to start walking out. Giving up, mind you, on a QB that had 6 TD's and 3 ints on the season heading into the game. Giving up playing at home.

I did expect... however, the fans to at least make some noise out there when good things happened. I mean, Favre throws that first TD pass, a pass he is known for... and instead of extremely loud cheering like the team just made a huge play in a huge game... you finally here the cheering... like the type of cheering when someone makes a big hit on a special teams tackle at GB.

It's just like... baffling. 6 TDs. Six. You couldn't at least make yourself look like you care? It's almost as if I want to say the jets fans don't deserve Brett Favre. Almost. There is time to change my mind yet.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

...and just for the record....

The Entrance was PACKED at Kickoff to the point where It was difficult to get in.
    I get in at least 15mins. early almost every time and got stuck..

The Stadium was @ about 90% capacity and was actually loud during the J-E-T-S but that's it.
    I was baffled that so many left early.

4. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

to the packer fan coming on here saying we almost "don't deserve" brett favre: i don't want to be hostile, but don't tell me what i do and don't deserve or whether i do or don't care. i am on the season ticket waitlist and so forked out my hard earned cash to buy a season ticket on stubhub, i stood for almost the entire game, yelled my lungs out, saw every single pass that favre threw.

i realize that jet fans have a right to be upset with the lack of support at time but it's just a fact that it's easier to hear that from fellow jets fans than from you guys. do not tell me i don't care about my team.

5. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Yeah, the game seemed quiet on TV. I wonder if things will be any different with a new stadium? :wink: I'd love to go to a Jets game, but I live on the other side of the continent.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

It always pissed me the fuck off! No crowd what so ever but then again what do you expect when your the NY Jets and you play in New Jersey in your rivals Stadium. Gay but what can you do ? We Won and i did hear 1 J-E-T-S!!! But other then that it was a practice atmosphere.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Because...."Boo-Hoo, it takes 4-5 hours to get home if I stay 'til the end".

8. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

I was there for the whole thing, alot of people left after the half, dissapointing. Probably wanted to make it home for the end of the met game...

Who plays prevent D in the third??? c'mon!

9. Gman

Gman New Member

i agree with that 100%. if you think the fans are quiet now, wait until the psl's kick in!

10. duketogo

duketogo New Member

You know, I don't remember the tv games being this quiet back in the Testaverde/Martin days. I seem to recall a lot more JETS chants and general energy in the stadium back then. Am I wrong?

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The crowd frustrates the hell out of me. We only cheer on 3rd downs defensively, or if there's some momentum changing thing going on. We cheer way too loudly during big offensive plays (though a lot of teams do that).

The game was so quirky with so many big plays that it was a little strange to be in the crowd for, but it was awesome. So many people are so pessimistic though.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Let's be realistic. It was pouring from 10:30 until 12:30 and there were numerous no shows because of it. I'd say there were at least 15,000 empty seats. In addition, rain makes for a quieter crowd. I've been going for 28 years and nothing is harder to sit throw in an excited state than rain. The crowd was loud in the 2nd quarter, but then the game became a blowout by halftime and the crowd became as complacent as the Jets. Then you had a 3rd quarter where the Jets had a total of 8 plays and gave up 21 points. What was there to cheer about. After the Jets went ahead 42-21, all the Long Island fans went home.

My suggestion - the Long Island fans should stay until the end or give up their seats. Most of the LI fans that sit around me are more concerned with the ride home than the game.

13. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I was at the game today. The crowd was slow to trickle in, but by the middle of the first quarter, we were at 85-90% capacity. At the beginning of the fourth quarter, people started packing it in... and that's all she wrote.

14. cassie96

cassie96 Member

As we said in the game thread....when the wealthy folks show up. "to be seen" they do not have a CLUE, whether they are watching baseball, hockey or basketball....and they could care less.

15. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I disagree on your rain Comment. Of course, coming from GB, where we deal with every element (rain, snow, heat)... it's easy for me to disagree - as were loud allt he time. But, to other places... I can understand. As I said, this is mostly just me so use to seeing Favre cheered in GB... that not seeing the same attitude when he is on another team just shocked me. Again, that my expectation level.

As for the user insulted with me saying the jets fans almost don't "deserve" favre. Look, every fan is different. I know this, you know this. I am not telling you what you personally deserve as a fan.

However - You had an all time great give you an all time great performance, and you wouldn't know it from the crowd reaction. If favre had did this for a lot of other teams... the crowd would of just been absolutely nutz.

Grant it - you are playing in a shared satadium... and you have a lot of LI fans coming that really shouldn't show up if they don't plan to stay... but still. As a fan of Favre for 16 years, going on 17, it's just hard for me to watch a game like that and not see Favre and that offense cheered on like they are gods on earth. That performance was stellar, and usually the crowd is much more appreciative then it appeared to be.

In hindsight, my comment may have been harsh. But watching him play the way he played, and the crowd act the way it did, I just am not use to it. I always feel if a all time great does something spectacular, the appreciation needs to be there. I just didn't see it, so I made the comment.

It's my opinion. I naturally do not speak for all of the favre fans.

16. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

From my vantage point on TV, I thought the crowd did one helluva J-E-T-S Jets chant on a second quarter kick-off! You know the one I'm talking about.

I was watching with a Chargers fan and he was like, what the hell was that! It was awesome.

17. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Every season there are 3 or 4 of these threads. The critique is not on those that do cheer, as there are plenty. The problem is the fan base as a whole is comparatively lame for an NFL team. The home noise is among the worst in the league. The Jets have no home field advantage...search your feelings, you know it to be true.

18. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

It would be nice if we had a home field! Imagine how fu**in' great it would have been to have a stadium on the west side!!

Also, you left out the word, LUKE!:smile:

19. TampaBayJetsFan85

I agree man... The croud was pumped up today! But @ the same time...After being up by 21+ points...The croud was relaxed and in a good mood

I guess some Jet fans will find ANYTHING to complain about because the Jet fans were loud today

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator