Hope Boldin is alright.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

blind-side or blind·side (blndsd)
    tr.v. blind-sid·ed, blind-sid·ing, blind-sides
    1. To hit or attack on or from the blind side.

The front is not a Blind side.

It's unfortunate Boldin got wrecked. It wasn't a dirty hit. It was a series of unfortunate circumstances.

2. Kramer

Kramer Member

Boldin doesn't have a neck injury per PFT. And apperently Boldin wanted to get back up but was told not to for safety measures.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Well thats good. At least he's not too injured. I'd expect him to miss the next game tho, regardless.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Haha...a Cards board isn't even worth signing up for. They should take a look in the mirror before trashing our fans and organization.

Hope Boldin is OK though. Haven't been able to see replays yet, from what I remember it did look like he was pushed which changed the area where Smith's helmet hit.

5. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I think it's funny that I was quoted on there board. They also stated that Jets fans don't know football. Yet they are Cardinals fans. That's pure hilarity.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I am a diehard Jets fan and I love Marshawn Lynch because of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM

That dude is freaking hilarious. Might have surpassed Clinton Portis for the funniest man in the NFL.

7. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Really took the sails out of the win. I didn't see him move. I like to see good clean hitting but not this, never this. All we can do is hope for the best.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

Ya serious. Pot, meet kettle.

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agrre but I do not think it was a malicious hit. I believe it was an accident. In any event there has been no news about it anywhere. He is in my prayers!

10. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

He is a criminal, one of the dumbest guys on this planet and a piece of crap. He should be in jail.

11. woutervz

woutervz Member

I hope Boldin is not serious injured and I hope Eric Smith isn't going to be fined because this was clearly something he couldn't avoid!!

Readin the Cards forum is hilarious, they're only nagging about us running up the score and knocking Boldin out, they are just too pathetic

12. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

BS. This is not a blindside hit by definition. Even if the receiver catches the ball in the end zone he has to maintain possession when he comes down and a good hard hit can jar it loose. Here, the ball was up and Smith went high hoping to break up the play and thats how the helmet to helmet occured. Not intentional but it is a penalty and I expect he'll be fined.

The shot was necessary by the nature of the play but just not that high.

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

OH COME ON!!

This is FOOTBALL, remember?.....watch some basketball is you think this is a problem. Tackling is more than just a way to stop a play, it's a way to give your team an advantage by causing physical ailment.

To say that there's a problem with hitting someone as hard as you can when they have their hands up to catch a ball shows a misunderstanding of the game and the rules.

Shit, when I used to play on kickoff coverage and the returner ran to the other side of the field, I would find a blocker who was not part of the play and earhole him.....why?, because the whistle hadn't blown so you're allowed to.

Smith was doing his job....so Boldin is in the hospital, shit happens. So Smith might get fined, shit happens.

14. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

They can point fingers all they want. What happened on that play was sickening. Yes, Smith is an idiot, but he wasn't making a dirty play. Iit should have been a personal foul, but it is what it is.. and that wouldn't have changed a thing.

They also blast Mangini for going for 2. With the way the game went, how can you blame him? 3 minutes isn't a long time, but with the way AZ was playing, you have to put the game out of reach. No reason for another Heidi game.

The most classless thing in that game was Whisenhunt telling Warner to throw with :27, down 21, immediately after losing a player like that. Can you imagine if something happened in one of those plays? Thankfully nothing did.. and I hope for the best for Boldin.

15. 624

624 Banned

wow i never thought people would accuse the jets of running up the score!

i feel honored :eek:hmy:

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Bullshit. Some of you guys, and commentors need to step bcak and realise how fast this game is played at, and yes, its a contact sport.
    Had Rhodes not shoved him (Boldin) in the back, Smiths helmet would have hit him in the high chest at worst.
    Grow up for gods sake! Oh yeah, Hope Mr Boldin is OK and gets well soon.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Who cares if Smith gets fined, it was an illegal hit because the league rules are no helmet to helmet hits. That doesn't mean it was intentional, he probably will get fined but who really cares? Hopefully Boldin is ok, that is the only story left of this play.

18. gustoonarmy

I like you, alot! :beer:

19. gustoonarmy

YOU should. BECAUSE it was unintentional. GU would be spinning.
    Every single game there are helmet to helmet shots, just some are worse than others.
    Can someone remond me how long there was on the clock when this most unfortunayte hit occured?

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The rule doesn't say unintentional or intentional, it says no helmet to helmet hits. It wasn't intentional but it was clearly a helmet to helmet hit and I'm sure Smith will be fined. Big whoop, the guy isn't going to starve this week because of it.