From an outsiders viewpoint,

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by feelthepain, Sep 23, 2008.

1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I know the Jets didn't win last night and I know how disappointing that can be...BELIEVE ME! But I think it's way to early in the season to stress things. Brett will work through things and settle down. Obviously I hate the Jets and I don't want to see them win a single game, I think that's a given. However, the Jets are a very talented bunch and I think by seasons end it will show. I think your secondary is probably the best group in the division, I think running the 3-4 is probably the toughest defense to play against and I think the Jets size in their front 7 is what it needs to be to run a successful 3-4.

Your offense is and will be talented, Brett will come around and the Jets will start playing like Jet fans had hoped they would. Do I think the Jets will make the AFC Championship this year? No, but I think they will make the playoffs and I think they will win a wildcard game.

It's only week 3, way too early to panic. Of all the teams in the division RIGHT NOW the Jets are the most talented. Your team can win the division it may not look that way at the moment, but the schedule for everyone in the division this year is pretty sad. I know I don't have to come here and say this, but I just happen to think the Jets are the best team in the division, even though it may not seem that way right now.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

STOP IT. There are lots of jets fans that could cause themselves physical pain if they suddenly tried to contort themselves to look at things calmly and rationally. Both the "Jets to the Superbowl with Favre" crowd, and the "Chad the Ugly Duckling poised to become a Swan" adherents. All of them thinking this is tennis or something and there's only one guy on the field that matters.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Thinking we're the best team in the division is probably not rational.

4. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Damn it, rational advice from a fish fan.

What next?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Oh wait, we've got the last one already.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

good post. Its honest.

6. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

I completely agree with you. People on this forum flip like pancakes. One minute they are optimistic the next they are pessimistic. Why I stand out? Because I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats on that win against the Pats!!! We'll meet in Week 17

7. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I agree. Good perspective on our situation. I think the Bye week will prove positive for us.

8. Italian Seafood

Any week we don't play is a positive for us. This Sunday was fantastic, Monday not so much.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I hope everyone just takes a step back and look at the big picture. Great post ftp.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

whod have thought my favorite post this week would come from a dolphin fan.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

No sir. As a 40 yr. old Jet fan, I am pretty consistent in my pessimism. No flip-flopping for me. These guys are always bums until they prove otherwise.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

[​IMG]

:up:

13. Italian Seafood

And they haven't won a Super Bowl in 14,000 and something days. I'm with you, 41 years old and very used to 1-2. Sometimes it turns into 10-6, other times 4-12. Let's hope for 10-6.

14. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Being a Packer fan and a Favre fan, I can see that he will slip into the groove soon and will be able the speak of the language of the other players. He has always been adaptable throughout all the line changes the Packers had throughout the years.

I see a lot of talent on the Jets offensive line. What I saw was a bit of a communication breakdown (and I was glad when the announcer said it, because I knew it wasn't just me). When they connected they really connected.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

After this Sunday, if I were a Fins fan, I'd probably be feeling pity on other teams, too. That's the best whipping any team has put on the Pats in years. I'm surprised Pats trolls have the balls or stupidity to show up at all this week, although I doubt they're on any Miami forums. Of course, they'll be gone by the post season.

16. Italian Seafood

They could very well miss the post season. They had to hang on to beat KC at home and Oakland blew out KC. The only game they looked good was against us, so you can write that one off. If it can happen to the Yankees it can happen to the Patriots.

17. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I would agree with you but I don't think their schedule is a whole lot tougher than ours. As much as I want to believe that they will play as poorly as they did against the Dolphins, I just think that Belichick will find a way. I still think the division is Buffalo's to lose unless they sustain major injuries. They seem like a pretty complete team in all phases.

18. david1023

david1023 Member

We are exactly were we expected to be when the schedule broke out. No reason to panic. Although that NE game should have been won by the Jets. I believe the coaching staff gave too much credit to the Pats going into week 2 based on past success.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Holy Shit! A rational Phin Phan! God Kill me now!

That said I agree to a point and appreciate your perspective. I believe we are more talented than our results and think some of it is execution, some of it coaching. I would not cry for the loss of Shotty or Sutton, but feel Mangini and Tanny are good at eventuating talent and bringing in the players we need.

That said, we need work on our overall game planing, in game adjustments, and evaluating of the opposition.

Thanks for beating the Pats this week. I hate to say it, but feel you guys are on the right track. I hope to hell it all falls apart for ya, but that's the Jet fan in me :smile:

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Q.How do you know this board is going down the tubes?
    A.FeelthePain is the most rational poster on it.