Kris Jenkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Is it any mystery why this team lacks depth at key positions? We've been giving away mid-round draft picks like candy the last few years.

2. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Any word on his injury this morning?

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2008/09/23/how-serious-is-kris-jenkins-back-injury/

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

fuckin a, this guy IS our defense. revis can shutdown whoever he wants, no jenkins=no defense.

great move getting him here, how about we get a backup who actually requires a double team? oh wait....too late lol.

jesus, jet fans can bitch all they want about this week, but jenkins health will determine alot this season.

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I have been screaming for years to get a DT. We finally got one and hell yes you can see a MAJOR difference without Jenkins! We should already be picking one in round 1 anyway just to back up Jenkins, hell why not draft 2. We also need to draft Coles replacement, hes gettin up there.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I have a feeling Stuckey may take Coles' spot when he leaves. Kid looks great. huge end zone threat.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Okay, I am slightly relieved now.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Too bad the Jets didn't consult with champ before signing him, they would have known about his history with back problems.

9. rillo

rillo New Member

I feel a lil comfortable now, hopefully he can play this week. Our defense was horrible without him. I pray everything is OK.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Jenkins was a huge part of our downfall last night , his absence shoed the rest od the dline up for what they are...mediocre!

I mean Devito how is this guy in the NFL?? He gets moved around like Drob jr.

Wathced the game on my laptop in an airport lounge this am and could not believe how we fall for the underneath/ crossing pattern pass time and time again, did we not watch the NE tapes?
    Anyway wheel jenkins out , cut E smith and sign E Wilson !

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

E Wilson? Eugene Wilson? Is he available?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

13. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 BY DAVE HUTCHINSON
    Star-Ledger Staff

SAN DIEGO -- Nose tackle Kris Jenkins suffered a back injury in the first quarter against the Chargers that kept him out of the rest of last night's game. Whether it will keep him out of any more games isn't clear.

Coach Eric Mangini said he didn't think the injury was serious and didn't expect him to miss next week's game.

Jenkins, who will be re-examined today, wasn't as sure. "I don't know what's up right now, so I'm not going to discuss it," he said.

Jenkins, 6-4 and 360 pounds, was a force in the middle of the Jets' 3-4 defense in the first two games, earning praise from teammates and opponents. He had seven tackles, one sack and three tackles for losses.

Not returning to the game -- or even the sideline -- clearly bothered him. "I wanted to be out there with my teammates," he said. "I don't care what the score is -- we win together, we lose together."

The Jets' first-round draft picks finally made an impact. TE Dustin Keller had four catches (doubling his season total) for 41 yards and his first NFL touchdown, a 13-yarder from Brett Favre late in the game. LB Vernon Gholston recorded his first NFL tackle.
    Their fourth-round pick, CB Dwight Lowery, has been the star of the draft class through three games, with 10 tackles and five passes defensed. Lowery got attention last night, as well, but for a negative reason. He was beat twice on long passes.
    The Jets' running game was lost in the blowout, as the team carried just 13 times for 41 yards. Thomas Jones led the team 37 yards on 10 carries.

Kellen Clemens saw his first action of the season, coming in during garbage time on the Jets' last drive. Clemens drove the team down the field, completing three of his first four passes for 26 yards. His fifth, however, was intercepted in the end zone.
    LB David Harris led the Jets with 10 tackles, Eric Barton added seven and Calvin Pace had six. ... CB David Barrett's first-quarter interception return for a touchdown was his first of the season and 11th of his nine-year career.

Chargers DT Luis Castillo, of Garfield got a first-half scare when he was hit below the knees by Jones. After laying on the field for several minutes, he left under his own power and missed just one play.

The Jets were 1-for-8 on third-down conversations but 2-for-3 on fourth down. ... The one statistical category they did win? Penalties. The Jets had just two for 5 yards.
    Sorry, Ben, we didn't mean it. That's pretty much what the Jets must have told veteran Ben Graham. With new punter Reggie Hodges out for last night's game, the Jets re-signed Graham, who was released last Tuesday following an awful game against the Patriots.
    Hodges suddenly appeared on the Jets' injury report on Saturday with a thigh injury and was listed as questionable. It was thought the team would sign rookie punter Waylon Prather off the practice squad if Hodges couldn't go, but the Jets went back to Graham, who had two punts for 76 yards.

CB/KR Justin Miller (dislocated left big toe) and K Mike Nugent (thigh/hamstring) were inactive last night, as expected. Miller missed his third straight game. ... Favre is 5-1 vs. the Chargers. He appeared on "Monday Night Football" for the 16th consecutive season, which ties him with Marcus Allen, Bill Romanowski and Ed White for the longest such streak in NFL history.

http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories...900.xml&coll=1

14. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Okay forget Eugene Wilson , er Ty Law!

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Good news that it doesn't appear too serious. Let's hope that hes back and good to go for the rest of the season

16. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

The NT in a 3-4 is the absolute linchpin for the entire defense. Without a good one, the rest of the defense doesn't work very well (or at all). So NT are just as valuable as a QB to a 3-4 team's success. And the great NT in the game can be counted on one hand.

17. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

ya Jenkins is huge for this defense ... WE NEED HIM

18. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Who would have thought that with Faneca, Favre, Woody, Pace, etc, that it is Jenkins who is probably the most important cog in this team.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been saying it since the offseason.

20. rillo

rillo New Member

3-4 NT are hard to find, not surprised he the most important. Glad to hear he'll play Sunday.