Graham Resigned; New Punter Out; Marcus Henry Waived

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is fuckin' pathetic. Why cut Henry, and not the fuckin' punter from the practice squad?
    how much confidence could the have in Hodges, if they also signed another punter to the practice squad?
    what a soap opra. You just can't make this shit up.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

:rofl2: ........................

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Actually when I was watching, both weeks I saw it said out. He's not out for the season for sure but probably won't return this year.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Dude, you make more sense then most of these people. Dammit people, the punter we signed got hurt and the punter we signed to the PRACTICE SQUAD is a nobody. Its Monday Night Football, do you want them to go with the practice squad guy? Is it the front offices fault the new guy hurt his leg? Should we risk losing this game so we can keep Marcus Henry or get rid of the punter with promise?

5. GreenMachine

I am rooting for 1 of 2 things to happen. We never punt or BG somehow becomes Ray Guy

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

only to the Jets does this kind of stupid shit happen

7. 624

624 Banned

we just only notice the stupid stuff that hapens to us...would you hear about it if the texans lost a 7th string WR? :)

8. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Oh Ye. And she is Italian, my mother is Irish. My kids are seriously f*cked up!

9. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

well we can hope it's a complete non issue as Favre and the Jets run up and down the field score 38 points, with no punts.........and hope i will

10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

so now we have 2 kickers and 2 punters on the active roster

this is horrible why not just place hodges on IR and keep henry then just sign another punter and cut graham next week

the jets use no logic

11. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Zooming past Planet Coslet on the way to the Kotite Nebula.

12. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

+1

Clowney figures more into our future then another possession wr anyway. Not to say I don't like Henry, but who else could we release? Our no.5 wr had to go...if only for this week. This is a short term get us through the game sort of decision that had to be made. If Henry passes through waivers we will see him again. If not....

13. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Maybe his performance last week was better than any of the other scrubs we brought in to practice this week?

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Its a sad and beautiful world.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't like getting rid of Henry, but getting the punting and kicking situations sorted out is a MUCH higher priority than Henry at this point. Hopefully they can figure out a way to keep him around.

16. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Active Roster and the Practice Squad are 2 different groups. Cutting a guy from the Practice Squad doesn't clear up room for someone on the active roster.

17. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

There's a lot of people complaining about the negativity on this board but what the hell do they expect when this is the kind of decison making that is happening by our CS?

I'm hoping that this punting situation means little but damn, it feels like its a big fu**in deal because its done in such a foolish way--now we lose a WR? For what? So we can have 2 punters, 2 kickers, and 4 QB's on the roster?

One has to admit, it's never been done before--Cakes, am I right? Has any NFL team in the last 50 years had 2 kickers, 2 punters, and 4 qb's on there roster?

If you find yourself unbalanced, you need to examine how you got there and straighten your shit out. Not go even more unbalanced. What? They couldn't put that dumbshit on IR and take a financial hit? He sucks anyway and we all know it.

Should have put him on IR and went with the PS kid--then, if the PS kid didn't work, maybe sign Graham again.

18. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I'm sure that's the plan. But Marcus Henry can't go directly to the practice squad. First he has to clear waivers and then he can be signed to the practice squad.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Whether or not Hodges could be put on IR, why keep the other guy on the squad at all? The team has nothing invested in him, they just signed him. I understand they might not be able to get anybody better than Graham in the short run, but why they keep the practice punter and cut Henry makes no sense to me.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If Henry clears waivers, someone on the practice squad will be released (presumably the punter) and he will be added. No point in cutting him before Henry clears waivers.