At The Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

You see the maddog signing those posters before the game by the bubble?

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've been critical of the fans in the stands in the past, and I have to say, from home yesterday, that was one of the best Jets crowds I've ever seen. Too bad the team didn't respond in like fashion.

As for being told to sit down and shut up, it happens to me every time I get to go to a game. Any sporting event I go to, I spend most of my time on my feet. The Meadowlands is the only place I'm yelled at to sit down though.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Really? People tell you to sit down and shut up??? At a football game?

I've been there maybe 10 times and never heard that nonsense - I'd be enraged if I did. F off - it's a football game, go to the opera if you want people to sit down and shut up.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

No, I park out by Rt 120 behind the race track and was grilling. Had him on the radio, it was nice to hear him again. It was funny to hear him on 1050, I wonder how the WFAN brass feels about that.

5. Italian Seafood

I didn't think I'd ever say this either, but it was good to see Fireman Ed and have him back doing the J-E-T-S thing. For whatever he is or isn't, it was better than not having him there.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's missing some teeth though.

7. Italian Seafood

My wife noticed that, too. Is that a new development? Maybe Ed got in a fight and lost.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My god there are so many other things to complain about besides the PA announcer. Do you realize the NYJs lost the game?

9. steviep

steviep Active Member

Excellent Crowd.
    I got there late because getting into the parking lots was an absolute nightmare. (Getting out was even worse.) We walked in with a couple thousand people after the Pats FG -- b/c it was like the first time they have ever done parking there. We were at the stadium about 345 and it took 40 minutes to park -- with pre paid parking.

Also -- as pointed out -- it was unbelievably hot.

10. Italian Seafood

The parking has always been ridiculous. On the way in they have a million guys waving you in, like we can't figure out how to park between the lines in a parking spot. Then on the way out they have most of the exits blocked, twenty lanes cutting each other off to funnel down to one lane, and then there's nobody there directing traffic when you do need them.

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

Well said.......then you look at the closed lots near the bubble and there are hundreds and hundreds of empty spots. Parking is a disaster.

12. sect105

sect105 New Member

About parking and going to the games in general...... I know people have other things to do etc. But, It boggles my mind when people are looking for Parking an hour before or even closer to gametime. People were looking for spots in Lot 5 all day, and the lot was filled up by noon. Some lady even hit three people with her car trying to navigate the lots at like 2:45.

Get there early and avoid the problems.

13. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Best part of the game for me was after the game, instead of going over the tunnel, we crossed the highway and slid under the fence in the middle of the highway, dodged cars like frogger....

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

the parking was an absolute nightmare. they really need to do a better job. i have been going for years and its always bad but you think with everything going on there they would try and do a better job, but no. as far as the crowd goes, the only thing that could have made it better would be an offense that we could cheer for. also, did anyone notice in the beginning of the game the real harper and klecko were doing the J-E-T-S with ed and his bro? i thought that was awesome.

15. steviep

steviep Active Member

We tried to do that but chickened out. Had to retreat and do the tunnel. We almost became flattened frog.

16. Italian Seafood

I did not notice that. I did see Harper on the big screen on a commercial for something later in the game.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Decent crowd but the atmposhere being created by the jets with dumb women doing those interviews and the hookers dancing without poles makes me feel like Jet games are turning into Nets games. It really is sickening and back in the day I was proud to say we did not do. The marketing and day game staff of the jets are getting very gay and suburuban on us. This is still a NY crowd dammt, now stop with the NBA atmposhere. No flag men, no cheer leaders, no ra ra hotties interviewing 9 year old boys on 3rd & 8 with the clock starting. Forget PSL's we need to man up a little

18. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I was at the game yesterday and have to say that the fans were into the game. I thought at kick off it was packed probably close to sold, over 90% were in the stadium. Jenn Sterger is 24 or 25 she was a former playboy and maxim model. That was one of the loudest Ive heard teh Meadowlands in a few years dating back to 06 maybe even longer.

I got to the parking lot before 12 and it was a mob scene we luckilly got a spot in our regular spot, but felt the parking lot was more crowded then normal because it was a 415 game, Jets Pats 1-0 and Favre.

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

There was one point when the Flight Crew dancers got introduced for their dance routine, like the 2nd or 3rd time around and the crowd booed the shit out of them. We were in no mood. Hahaha.

I don't know if anybody else saw it, but the cameraman focused on one of the girls and her expression was priceless. "OMG are they actually booing us?! What did we do?!"

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Great thread. At home while the Jets were on D, I kept thinking, why the fuck isn't the crowd louder? Good to know that it was just my TV or the broadcast and not what was actually happening.