Ray Lucas just said it best on Jets Post Game Live..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 14, 2008.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Ray Lucas just said it best on Jets Post Game Live on SNY.

"I know it's the second week, but the pass game should be further from where it is."

So true. Chad is not our QB anymore. Brett Favre is. He is a living legend, let him throw the ball more. Short plays work, but not every down.

The NE corners aren't who they were last season in Gay and Samuel, that was a weakness for them in my opinion. Should have taken advantage of that today.

2. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

if i ever see a dink and dunk play that results in a completion with a 5 yard loss, i will call for schottenheimers head. i see no other nfl team running that pussy fukin play with much frequency other then the jets

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm sick of seeing these stupid screen passes that end up either 5 yards back or back to the line of scrimmage. Such stupid playcalling.

4. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

We showed no consistency on offense. We'd get one or two big plays and then fall flat on our faces. This game was painful to watch.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Well it isn't Favre or the O-line's fault. I am calling out the coaches first, because we didn't have a spread set once all game. We went 3-wide a few times but that's it.

Favre isn't a check-down guy, he will throw it if there is a hint of anythign there, and he threw it short many times today. So maybe the WRs weren't getting open, but when you're only given 2 options down the field when you could be given 4, the check-down becomes the only play.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

The excuses still keep on coming.

How do you know the playbook hasn't been altered? Do you really think BS and Mangini are so stupid as to use the EXACT same playbook as they did with Chad?

I know its an easy excuse (since when is Chad not an easy target) but please get past this. Favre made a lot of throws downfield today, its not like the coaching staff gave him a playbook with 5 yard outs and nothing else. He created a lot of his own problems today.

7. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Chad is long gone. You whiners need to come up with some other excuses now and leave him the f*ck out of it.

That horse is dead and beaten and gone. Move on.

8. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Two screen passes in a row! Each for a 5 yard loss. You've got to be kidding me! We did pretty well when we threw downfield but we hardly ever threw downfield. Bad coaching as usual.

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not to be mean here because he is semi right but who is Ray Lucas to criticize a passing game?

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The problem with the screen pass is EXECUTION. We are the only fucking team in the leage that cannot under any circumstances execute a screen pass.

11. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

dont you just love 3rd down and 5 + yds and were in a "pro set" with 2 receivers/backs......for christ sakes schottenshitter ..some who plays MADDEN could do better play calling

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The New York Pussy Jets... get used to it.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's just the general idea how the playcalling through the air by Brian Schottenheimer and company was handled. It wasn't handled very well at all. There are a lot of weapons on this offense.

Cotchery, Coles, Stuckey, Smith, Baker/Keller/Franks, and even Tony Richardson.

Mix and match things up. These guys are able to work with the ball when they get it. That's when and if they get it.

14. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

please start the thread...it will be the only one i post on

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Favre created his own problems today? Really? What did he do wrong? Even on the pick he threw, he had the right idea......would you prefer that he try to make plays to covered WRs?

Favre played a solid game.....he got screwed by 2 key drops by Coles and a brutal penalty against Cotchery.

Maybe you think that Favre should have pressed pause and changed the game difficulty to Rookie so that he could go 40 of 40 for 500 yards and 6 TDs......

16. patsfaninpittsburgh

Uhhhh

Sorry to inject a little sanity but hasn't it occurred to this airline that well, ya know.... maybe the Pats were taking away the big play and like ya know making the Jets throw screens?

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think Favre was that bad today either... but he was sucked into that Int. by the the Pats. They made it look like the spot was open, but they were sitting back waiting to jump the route.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think that pass would have fallen short even if the Pats DB wasn't there. If you look at the replay, he just underthrew it......Bakre was open and if Favre elevated the ball 3 more feet, that was a 20 yard gain.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Play calling lost this game. that, and mental mistakes(penalties). Brett Favre looks old. He should have a better grasp of this offense, by now.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its been made, post away.