Stop Insulting Tom Brady

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2008.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jeesh. He is one of the best quarterbacks of all time, certainly this generation.

People keep acting like he is not that important to the Patriots. He is folks.

The Patriots barely got by the CRAPPY Chiefs at home. Think about it.

The Patriots are going to struggle the rest of the year. Brady might be a system quarterback, but a damn good one.

The Patriots defense is average at best now. Old crappy linebackers, bad secondary. (Solid D-line)

The offense is good, but it needs its general to succeed.

Its nice to have all the weapons, but you need to know how to use them, Brady did.

All I am saying is the Patriots are VERY beatable now. Don't think otherwise.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Most teams that lose in the SB don't make the playoffs the next year.... and now they lost their starting QB.

I've stopped believing the bullshit about them being confident this year.. You lose a game that meant immortality, and now you lose Tom Brady - what confidence do they have left?

3. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Wow Tom Brady is a Jet?

4. The Dark Knight

Don't give me that crap, we play them in less than 48 hours.

5. Phyr

Phyr Member

Tom Brady has a butt chin.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

actually peyton manning is the QB of his generation

7. The Dark Knight

I just feel all the talk about the Patriots being fine or capable of a successful season without Brady is ridiculous and insulting to such a good player of Brady's status. There is no reason why the Jets can't blow them out Sunday. (Besides the fact the Jets are the Jets).

I never said he was the best, I said one of.

#7 The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Maaaan Fuck Tom Brady.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am really not able to put him in the greatest of all time category. he is one of the best qbs at the present moment, well not the present moment :) but the last 5 years. i will give him that but i do not in any way shape or form see him as one of the greats. now manning on the other hand as much as i cannot stand him he is one of the best of all time. tom brady doesnt sniff the top 10 all time qbs. no way no how no chance.

10. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

If we say the Pats are useless without Brady, we're overconfident and stupid. If we say they are still a good team, we are disrespecting Brady? WTF???

#10 Sinjz, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Here's a guy with a hard-on for Tom Brady. :eek:hmy:

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Screw Brady. He is good, but completely overrated.

13. The Dark Knight

The thread is not about Tom Brady. It is about those who think the Patriots will be fine without him because they won't.

14. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

The thread title is "Stop Insulting Tom Brady", and you're telling me the thread is NOT about Tom Brady? I hope you didn't drive home. Sleep it off dude....

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Fuck Tom Brady.

A team doesn't go 16-0 because of one man. I'm sorry, but they just don't. Is Brady a huge loss, hell yeah, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think this team has a lot of talent on it.

I hope the Pats suck balls this year. I hope they finish the season 1-15. But lets be serious, that team has a lot of good players on it that have been playing together for a while. I expect them to at least be in the playoff hunt and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we lost to them on Sunday.

16. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Agree. I would even say he's an excellent QB but not one of the greats. If Marino or Favre or Manning had Moss and all the weapons the 07' Pats had it would have been a lot more than 50 and they would not have blown the SB. He had a poor, poor game showcasing the greatest team ever assembled.

The Patriots are going to be fine, at least offensively, sorry to say and without TB.

17. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

If for nothing else, please stop cheering for his injury for karma purposes. remember 99 when we were supposed to win the superbowl? i believe an achilles ended that season for us pretty early.

or how bout every good jets team by week 11? no longer contenders because of injuries.

the last thing we need is to bring one on ourselves, especially when we're a team so cursed at qb health.

18. Danny Boy?

Danny Boy? New Member

Then why would 29 of the current 32 head coaches in the NFL pick Brady #1 in a draft? Obviously, you know more than them.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-8-58/NFL-coaches-prefer-Brady-over-Manning.html

"Twenty-nine of the 32 head coaches responded to this particular question and Tom Brady was the runaway winner."

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

question: if matt casssel fails to get back up after a painful introduction to harris and pace, who replaces him for the pats? just curious.

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I haen't been around much this week, but I can imagine the stuff that has been said about Brady. A system quarterback? Hahaha. That's rich. I'd love to know who said that. He's not that important to their team? Are you kidding?

Tom Brady is easily one of the greatest QBs that has ever played in the NFL, and if there is anyone who can't recognize that, they know nothing about the game of football. Either that or it is simple denial. I hate the guy as much as anyone, but that is only based upon that fact that he's the QB for a hated rival (think Vikings fans and Favre). I can hate his success and still respect his play. And he's won SB's for them in a dink/dunk offense, and an all-out aerial assault offense. He can do it all, folks. I'm not so sure he won't go down as the games greatest QB.

On to his injury: the Pats are still a very good team, but not a great team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish around .500, which would be an excellent accomplishment given their circumstances. But they are toast as far as their expectations this season. Brady is the heart and soul of that team, even more that belicheat (who, incedently, I have NO respect for whatsoever).